“My 40th” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“My 40th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Spent 4 nights here. Massive hotel but easy to get around. Loved the hotel, well priced and the facilities are awesome. Loved the restaurants, first class steak restaurant and loved the coffee at the cafe and not forgetting the $16 steak and crab legs. Loved the hotel it was clean and in a great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at New York - New York Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear BelindaGal73,

Congrats on the birthday milestone! We were thrilled you selected us as the backdrop for such a special occasion, and had a great time in The City That Never Sleeps. With world famous restaurants like Gallagher’s Steakhouse, reasonable room rates, and a property staff dedicated to your total satisfaction, New York-New York is the very definition of exceptional hospitality. Thank you for staying with us, and please don’t hesitate to return again whenever possible.

GuestServices@nynyvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,088)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The room we had was great,a corner one with windows all the way round.We were facing the MGM on the front and Excaliber on the side.Because we were on the tenth floor we was just about level with the top of roller coaster so it didn't bother us too much when the coaster was running.A word of warning though, the days of cheap beers in Vegas is over,unless your prepared to sit on the machines and wait for a waitress to come round when it suits her.$16 for two Buds!Plus tip! I know there's entertainment on but isn't that a bit steep even for vegas.We walked down the strip to the Casino Royal where they were selling $1 Michelobs and $1.75 Buds and also won $800 on the Wheel of Fortune.I think New York New York are ripping people off.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor on the front above the coaster.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen A,

Although we’re pleased to know you enjoyed your room assignment, we regret if our pricing structure for alcoholic beverages in certain parts of the property fell short of expectations. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is only through honest observations from previous guests of New York-New York that we can accurately understand public sentiment.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great service from checking in to checking out, the room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and pleasant, the games were easy to understand and the denomination was from a penny and up. The hostess were very polite and the service was fast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Verna H,

From the moment they set foot on property, guests of New York-New York are treated to the finest services, amenities, and entertainment available along the Las Vegas Strip. We appreciate the positive feedback, and look forward to hosting you again sometime soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The trip into Vegas was a little less than spectacular. I had also stayed the previous night at another hotel/casino, which turned out to be a bad idea. By the time I got here, I was not in the best mood. Check-in was taking a bit longer than I would have liked, and the screaming child behind me didn't help. The lady behind the counter sensed my annoyance and was kind enough to comp the resort fee and gave me an upper floor upgrade. Good start.

The room is compact, but doesn't lose any amenities. It was very clean and comfortable with a strip view.

Self-parking is convenient and easy to get in to and out of.

It actually annoyed me a bit that I wasn't able to stay there on my next trip to Vegas. (Next time for sure.)

Room Tip: Try to get an upper level strip view if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike B,

Although we regret the rough start to your trip, we’re glad our staff could turn things around for you. We are grateful for your patronage, and hope you’ll continue to visit New York-New York in the future.

Fort Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was the third time I've been to Vegas. I have never received such rude service from the front desk ever! When we arrived at 3pm after a long flight we were told we couldn't check into our room for three to four hours!! Our room was finally ready at 6:30, we wanted to get washed up as we had dinner plans that night. When we booked our room we upgraded from Park Avenue suite to a Madison Avenue suite. The room was very disappointing to say the least, you couldn't see out the windows because the facade of the building went more than half way up the window! What is the point of having a window that looks out to brick. Too see outside you had to stand on a chair! We stayed for 7 nights and out of those nights our room was cleaned twice! I had to call room service to get towels every day! We never once seen a cocktail waitress while gaming! We spent all our time at the MGM, we had amazing service and did pretty good on their slots. Never again will I stay at NYNY!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BCPrinny,

We regret the unfortunate room availability delays encountered at check-in, as well as the cleaning oversights committed by our housekeeping staff. Both are unusual, and certainly not in keeping with our commitment to superior guest service. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues imposed upon your stay, and will do our best to ensure they never happen again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I spent a few days here in Las Vegas as I was attending a friends wedding. Unfortunately I had spent a few days prior to coming to Las Vegas in San Francisco in a lovely boutique hotel where the staff had been just amazing and know a lot about customer service - I cannot fully say that the same happened here.

The reception staff whilst lovely there is one area where they really do let down - I tried to email them prior to arrival and never got a response back. Even after checking out at the front desk I then received an email about checking out online (I left my keys at the reception desk and spoke with the receptionist and got my final bill receipt - why would I then need to check out again in a different method?) - I emailed the hotel about this and surprise surprise no response. I had emailed the other two hotels that I was staying at on my trip and both came back promptly (one was the boutique hotel and the other was in New York, which was a massive hotel chain, so its not down to smaller hotels better service as both the other places were all focused on customer service).

Also, what also marks them down too is that my friends had made arrangements to have their evening drinks/do and paid them money for some evening nibbles (after the wedding in the gorgeous Ceasars Palace and then we had a lovely dinner at the Venetian - which you must visit as the inside where the gondolas are situated are amazing!) in Nine Fine Irishmen, they had brought their wedding cake with them (as we were all full from the 5 course dinner that cake later on which would made sense) and they charged $50 for cutting the cake (even though they didn't cut the cake - the bride and groom did!).

I get that places need to make money but when you have paid daily resort fees (along with the various other taxes which is added onto your room rate) and everywhere that you eat the prices aren't always what is advertised on the board (even the Starbucks in the hotel add on taxes - this didn't happen at any other Starbucks that I visited in San Francisco and New York - the price you saw on the board was the price you were charged) they are literally squeezing every dollar and cent out of you.

There are a few pros to the place: It is a beautiful hotel and the room was spacious (two queen beds for two people) and the housekeeping staff are excellent (they are a credit to the hotel!), room and bathroom were clean and you cannot beat the location of this hotel (right on the strip - easy access to everything).

I didn't get to try the pool but I did get out to do a day trip to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam - you can find offers outside of the hotels (we went with the one that was sold at The Hard Rock Cafe which I would highly recommend! - we knew of others who had spent $170 each for their day trip - we got ours for $142 - and the only extra to pay was a tip to our driver).

Overall Las Vegas is an amazing place to visit and there are lots to do here (I don't gamble so if you are like myself not a gambler you can find other attractions like shows and day trips out of Las Vegas) - just be aware that it is an expensive place to visit.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear MissPBeattie,

We appreciate you sharing concerns regarding your recent stay in Las Vegas, and regret that our staff was unable to contact you in a more timely manner. Your patronage, and that of the entire wedding party, is truly valued. As such, we will utilize your comments to ensure we are doing everything possible to make the guest experience truly remarkable. Thank you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had a wonderful stay here upgraded to a suite which had a jacuzzi bath in it. Lots of places to eat in hotel spoilt for choice. We were in New York New York tower and lifts were always easy to get never had to wait long. All in all had a wonderful stay here for 6 days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Betty P,

With extraordinary dining choices like Chin Chin Café, Gonzalez y Gonzalez, America, and Broadway Burger Bar, you better believe we like to spoil our guests with an array of mouthwatering options! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay here on property, and are eager to host you again in the near future.

GuestServices@nynyvegas.com

Been to New York - New York Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!