“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas, Usa
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

There was so much to see and do at the hotel, we only left once. That was because we had dinner reservations at another hotel. We will definitely be staying here again! I definitely recommend going to see Zumanity. VERY entertaining!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

7,943 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I always like staying at NYNY. This trip was no exception. If you haven't heard, MGM Resorts has a game on Facebook where you can earn freebies! During my stay I was able to redeem $150 food and beverage credit AND 2 free Beatles Love tickets! The only downside was it seemed our room had an older bathroom that needed updating (tub with shower doors). The casino at NYNY isn't the best but it's a short walk over to Excalibur (another MGM property) where personally, I seem to do better. Still, I'd recommend NYNY if you get a good deal on the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Neath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

What an experience, compared to others on strip it's small, but by no means less! It has everything you need, superb rooms, attentive staff, food n drink facilities in abundance, would stay here 100% again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

ny-ny has it all---from location-entertanment-food-gambling-friendly people-etc.---also encourage everyone to join the m-life players club to take advantage of all the great opportunities that are available to members

Dyersville, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I took my son to Vegas for his 21st birthday, along with my son's friend and his mom. I was the only one who had been to Vegas, so they left it up to me as to what hotel to stay at. New York New York was a great choice! It has so much going on; several restaurants and bars, great gaming, unique atmosphere, etc. The beds were so comfortable! Noreen, Guest Relations Manager, was good enough to arrange non-smoking, adjoining rooms close to the elevators. I emailed her prior to our arrival. Thank you, Noreen! I would definitely stay here again. We arrived on Thursday and the roller coaster was down for repair until Saturday. Luckily, the other three were able to go on it before we had to leave. The only negative thing I would have to say is the $18/day resort fee upon checkout. Also, the boys said the shower could have been better. I guess the Wifi didn't work the greatest in the rooms. The Broadway Burger Bar was fantastic! I love the feeling that you are walking the streets of New York with the cobblestone and the way everything is set up. I don't know what the pool is like because it wasn't open and we never even saw where it was. Very unique place to stay, especially when with family!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators so you don't have far to walk.
Ripon, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

New York New York is an amazing Hotel with great staff! Room service was ordered, it was delivered in a timely manner, the wait staff were extremely personable, the food tasted great and the price was right. Las Vegas is the place to be!

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went to Vegas for the Contractors convention held at Mandalay Bay with my boyfriend and his dad. We stayed at NYNY and overall had a great time. Hotel was very clean and unlike other neighbouring hotels didn't have that weird oxygen smell to it. NYNY is located closer to one end of the strip, not right at the end but not right in the middle either. So depending on where you want to go it may be a bit of a hike.

Food - although we didn't eat at many places that are located in the hotel, when we did they were delicious. Chin Chin's was very good for dinner but we found that the breakfast buffet was not worth the money. There's a fish and chip place near the Zumanity theatre which was really good and not over priced. Other than these 2 places we ate outside of the hotel. Check out the buffet at the Excalibur and Luxor. I believe it was $31 a person and you could eat there all day. For a special dinner we went to Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris. It was the best meal my boyfriend and I have ever had. We actually got to meet Gordon Ramsay himself. The waiter told us that he is only there 2-3 times a month so if you go don't expect him to be there. Although, there are 2 chefs there from the TV show Hells Kitchen.

Entertainment - when booking through expedia we received 2 free show tickets which we had the choice from a list which included several Cirque du Soliel shows. I had always wanted to see one so when picking seats the only show left available was Zumanity. We ended up pay $40/person to upgrade our seats for a better view. Very much worth the money considering we didn't have to pay for them to begin with. It was a great show, although it is only for adults 18+ due to nudity. During our stay we also went to see the Bellagio fountain show (which was spectacular and a must see!). We also went up the Eiffel Tower and Paris and it was amazing. I believe the cost for that was $20/person, maybe a little less. Another must see is that pirate show at Treasure Island but make sure you get there well in advance because it gets very busy and crowded. One thing that you should see while you're in Vegas is Fremont Street. Make sure to take the bus called the Deuce. It will take you all the way there. Through a game on Facebook called MyVegas we were able to collect enough reward points to cash in 2 tickets for the roller coaster and NYNY (which was a lot of fun), 2 tickets to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay (which was cool) and 2 tickets to Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden (it was nice, we got to see the trainers in the water with the dolphins. If the trainers weren't there then it was kind of boring)

***Side note about the Deuce. It's $8 for a 24 hour unlimited pass and there is now a 3 day unlimited pass for $20 so for those of you that can't stand a lot of walking that might be something to check into***

As for the hotel itself we did have a glitch on the 2nd of February. It was mine and my boyfriends 1 year anniversary so I wanted to surprise him with chocolate covered strawberries in the room when we got back from dinner. We got to the room and there was nothing there. I proceeded to go down to the front desk and explain the situation. The one manager called the kitchen and they informed her that there was no order placed (even though there was). It ruined the night a little bit but she did compensate 2 nights resort fee for us.

Overall it was a lot of fun and one of those places that you must see before you die!

Room Tip: We were located on the back side of the hotel. Had a nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to New York - New York Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!