“21st Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ripon, California, Usa
“21st Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

New York New York is an amazing Hotel with great staff! Room service was ordered, it was delivered in a timely manner, the wait staff were extremely personable, the food tasted great and the price was right. Las Vegas is the place to be!

8,110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went to Vegas for the Contractors convention held at Mandalay Bay with my boyfriend and his dad. We stayed at NYNY and overall had a great time. Hotel was very clean and unlike other neighbouring hotels didn't have that weird oxygen smell to it. NYNY is located closer to one end of the strip, not right at the end but not right in the middle either. So depending on where you want to go it may be a bit of a hike.

Food - although we didn't eat at many places that are located in the hotel, when we did they were delicious. Chin Chin's was very good for dinner but we found that the breakfast buffet was not worth the money. There's a fish and chip place near the Zumanity theatre which was really good and not over priced. Other than these 2 places we ate outside of the hotel. Check out the buffet at the Excalibur and Luxor. I believe it was $31 a person and you could eat there all day. For a special dinner we went to Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris. It was the best meal my boyfriend and I have ever had. We actually got to meet Gordon Ramsay himself. The waiter told us that he is only there 2-3 times a month so if you go don't expect him to be there. Although, there are 2 chefs there from the TV show Hells Kitchen.

Entertainment - when booking through expedia we received 2 free show tickets which we had the choice from a list which included several Cirque du Soliel shows. I had always wanted to see one so when picking seats the only show left available was Zumanity. We ended up pay $40/person to upgrade our seats for a better view. Very much worth the money considering we didn't have to pay for them to begin with. It was a great show, although it is only for adults 18+ due to nudity. During our stay we also went to see the Bellagio fountain show (which was spectacular and a must see!). We also went up the Eiffel Tower and Paris and it was amazing. I believe the cost for that was $20/person, maybe a little less. Another must see is that pirate show at Treasure Island but make sure you get there well in advance because it gets very busy and crowded. One thing that you should see while you're in Vegas is Fremont Street. Make sure to take the bus called the Deuce. It will take you all the way there. Through a game on Facebook called MyVegas we were able to collect enough reward points to cash in 2 tickets for the roller coaster and NYNY (which was a lot of fun), 2 tickets to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay (which was cool) and 2 tickets to Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden (it was nice, we got to see the trainers in the water with the dolphins. If the trainers weren't there then it was kind of boring)

***Side note about the Deuce. It's $8 for a 24 hour unlimited pass and there is now a 3 day unlimited pass for $20 so for those of you that can't stand a lot of walking that might be something to check into***

As for the hotel itself we did have a glitch on the 2nd of February. It was mine and my boyfriends 1 year anniversary so I wanted to surprise him with chocolate covered strawberries in the room when we got back from dinner. We got to the room and there was nothing there. I proceeded to go down to the front desk and explain the situation. The one manager called the kitchen and they informed her that there was no order placed (even though there was). It ruined the night a little bit but she did compensate 2 nights resort fee for us.

Overall it was a lot of fun and one of those places that you must see before you die!

Room Tip: We were located on the back side of the hotel. Had a nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

booked into New York New York start of feb 2013 to celebrate boyfriends birthday and thanks to the lovely Noreen in Customer Services we recieved an upgrade and the day of my boyfriends birthday he found a lovely birthday card and chocolate bar waiting for him in the room nice touch we both agreed ,our room was spotless with a great view of Excaliber and on other side or Coca Cola bottle all staff was very helpfull , we couldnt get into our safe and after a quick phonecall to front desk we had someone up to our roon within 10mins . We were in the centuary tower on floor 20 although previous reviews from people have commented on the thin walls we didnt hear a thing the whole time we stayed which was a week , plenty to do and see in this hotel to keep you busy one thing i did notice is that the casino floor is definately alot fresher smelling than alot of the other big hotels no smelling of smoke which is great to a non-smoker all in all i would deffo recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vegas we will be staying on our next visit thanks for a memorable stay

Room Tip: ask for room with view its deffo worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Here on a lads holiday for 5 nights. On the whole the place is good value for money, so you get what you pay for. Is no frills and the rooms could definitely do with modernisation. Pool party wasn't particularly pumping, and sun only shone on parts of pool throughout the day. So choose your sunbed strategically!! Daybeds and Cabana's are an absolute waste of money. Great choice of bars, cafe's restaurants within the hotel, and gaming staff were patient with some of the non gamblers!

As i say not a great hotel, but you do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There is a daily resort charge all the hotels add upon check in around $18 so be aware.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great value through travelzoo. Door was broken, called maintenance several times before finally talking to a manager. Manager comped our resort fee. Very satisfied. Great location in the heart of the strip. Shower heads were not very good and shower took awhile to get warm water.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I got a great rate ($49/night) for MLife members:) And after the resort fee (ugh!) it was about $140. I also chose the NYNY since I know they have Touch Bet Roulette and Craps machine. Tried GyG (mex restaurant) for the first time it was great! My entire family loved it:) It was kinda weird though to have sweet potato fries with a Mexican sub sandwich (torta?)...it still tasted great though:)

ROOMS: I didn't get a non-smoking room as I requested although the front desk lady said if called first thing in the morning I could get bumped to a smoke free room but once we got to the non-preference room it was alright so I didn't bother calling the next morning since I was only staying for two nights. Plus the gal upgraded me to a room with a view in the New Yorker Tower (Park Ave room) on the 17th floor <1738> which was nice. I am anal about clean linens and for the most part that were awesome except I did find an eyelash under one of the pillows but since I wasn't using that side of the bed I let it slide. Our room as neat and tidy but I found the bathtub slow to drain but didn't bother calling housekeeping since it wasn't a HUGE issue...if I was staying more then two nights I would have but if I was staying longer I probably would have. Towels are a bit rough but I assume most hotels are like this since they go through so many.

CASINO - The smoke in the casino has gotten a tad worse since the last time I was here (about a year). The Deal or No Deal game was a bust...it was no fun...I put $12 in and the wheel kept landing on the same spot and unless you land on one certain spot yo don't even get to choose cases (like in the real game) so I quit wasting my money on that game. Cigarette ash trays didn't seem to be cleaned up very well even though no one was occupying the machines.

CHOCOLATE & Coffee Bar (one of the little food places - I don't remember the exact name) - They don't have SF chocolates anymore...when I came last year they had SF chocolates. Last time I was here I asked them what sweetener they used and they called down to the bakery and told me it was the natural sweetener STEVIA which I was floored because most places go with the cheap stuff...aspartame (evil!) and sucralose (bad!). I was in love! This time though I had to find SF chocolates at Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory at a downtown casino though *shrugs*.

OVERALL - I would pry stay again if I got a great rate. They have great food and a variety of games.

East Greenville, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If only I had been a few years younger!!! So much to do. Vegas is a good place to visit, even if you don't gamble. So many lights, quite a variety of shows, not enough time in three days. Just don't forget to wear good walking shoes. All of the Hotels seemed to be filled with lots of things to do and see, but we had a wonderful experience at New York, New York Hotel & Casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to New York - New York Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!