“first time but wont be our last !!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“first time but wont be our last !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

booked into New York New York start of feb 2013 to celebrate boyfriends birthday and thanks to the lovely Noreen in Customer Services we recieved an upgrade and the day of my boyfriends birthday he found a lovely birthday card and chocolate bar waiting for him in the room nice touch we both agreed ,our room was spotless with a great view of Excaliber and on other side or Coca Cola bottle all staff was very helpfull , we couldnt get into our safe and after a quick phonecall to front desk we had someone up to our roon within 10mins . We were in the centuary tower on floor 20 although previous reviews from people have commented on the thin walls we didnt hear a thing the whole time we stayed which was a week , plenty to do and see in this hotel to keep you busy one thing i did notice is that the casino floor is definately alot fresher smelling than alot of the other big hotels no smelling of smoke which is great to a non-smoker all in all i would deffo recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vegas we will be staying on our next visit thanks for a memorable stay

Room Tip: ask for room with view its deffo worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

8,171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,583)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Here on a lads holiday for 5 nights. On the whole the place is good value for money, so you get what you pay for. Is no frills and the rooms could definitely do with modernisation. Pool party wasn't particularly pumping, and sun only shone on parts of pool throughout the day. So choose your sunbed strategically!! Daybeds and Cabana's are an absolute waste of money. Great choice of bars, cafe's restaurants within the hotel, and gaming staff were patient with some of the non gamblers!

As i say not a great hotel, but you do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There is a daily resort charge all the hotels add upon check in around $18 so be aware.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great value through travelzoo. Door was broken, called maintenance several times before finally talking to a manager. Manager comped our resort fee. Very satisfied. Great location in the heart of the strip. Shower heads were not very good and shower took awhile to get warm water.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I got a great rate ($49/night) for MLife members:) And after the resort fee (ugh!) it was about $140. I also chose the NYNY since I know they have Touch Bet Roulette and Craps machine. Tried GyG (mex restaurant) for the first time it was great! My entire family loved it:) It was kinda weird though to have sweet potato fries with a Mexican sub sandwich (torta?)...it still tasted great though:)

ROOMS: I didn't get a non-smoking room as I requested although the front desk lady said if called first thing in the morning I could get bumped to a smoke free room but once we got to the non-preference room it was alright so I didn't bother calling the next morning since I was only staying for two nights. Plus the gal upgraded me to a room with a view in the New Yorker Tower (Park Ave room) on the 17th floor <1738> which was nice. I am anal about clean linens and for the most part that were awesome except I did find an eyelash under one of the pillows but since I wasn't using that side of the bed I let it slide. Our room as neat and tidy but I found the bathtub slow to drain but didn't bother calling housekeeping since it wasn't a HUGE issue...if I was staying more then two nights I would have but if I was staying longer I probably would have. Towels are a bit rough but I assume most hotels are like this since they go through so many.

CASINO - The smoke in the casino has gotten a tad worse since the last time I was here (about a year). The Deal or No Deal game was a bust...it was no fun...I put $12 in and the wheel kept landing on the same spot and unless you land on one certain spot yo don't even get to choose cases (like in the real game) so I quit wasting my money on that game. Cigarette ash trays didn't seem to be cleaned up very well even though no one was occupying the machines.

CHOCOLATE & Coffee Bar (one of the little food places - I don't remember the exact name) - They don't have SF chocolates anymore...when I came last year they had SF chocolates. Last time I was here I asked them what sweetener they used and they called down to the bakery and told me it was the natural sweetener STEVIA which I was floored because most places go with the cheap stuff...aspartame (evil!) and sucralose (bad!). I was in love! This time though I had to find SF chocolates at Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory at a downtown casino though *shrugs*.

OVERALL - I would pry stay again if I got a great rate. They have great food and a variety of games.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
East Greenville, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If only I had been a few years younger!!! So much to do. Vegas is a good place to visit, even if you don't gamble. So many lights, quite a variety of shows, not enough time in three days. Just don't forget to wear good walking shoes. All of the Hotels seemed to be filled with lots of things to do and see, but we had a wonderful experience at New York, New York Hotel & Casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We love staying at NYNY! They have the best comps and there's so much to do there. We also like that we can take a quick walk over to Excalibur and gamble or eat at another of the Mlife resorts. We ate at two of their restaurants and spent a lot of time on their gambling floor. Service is great everywhere. The staff seems happy and helpful. The hotel is clean and we love the NY theme. Pour 24 is a great place to get good beers or pretty affordable drinks. The Bar at Times Square has great entertainment and we watched the saxophone player for awhile one day. This last trip we spent some time outside of Mlife seeing shows and eating. Next time we plan on doing everything at a Mlife resort to make full use of our comps. When checking out it was made clear to me I had a lot of comps to use. This is only helpful information to others who spend a fair share of their time gambling. Yes we lose some money of course (does anyone win??) but that's part of our entertainment and it's nice to get something back for that. Tip: They can't check on your comps until after 3:00am. If you are checking out the next day, either stay out late or get up early to take care of that before checking out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
West Valley City, Utah, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I came here to play in the big rugby 7's tournament being held here in Vegas. I enjoyed my stay very much.. My girlfriend joined me in my adventure and she loved it as much as i did.. I would like to return to here again.. The rooms were great.. The food was great and the staff was amazing..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to New York - New York Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!