“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Kineton, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights 11th January to 16th January.
Great hotel,great location,casino not smokey at all.
We stayed in the Chrysler building room 2872 floor 28 the view is very good opposite the MGM.
Easy walking distance to the mid strip.
We didn't see Zumanity,but went to see Blue Man Group next door at Monte Carlo brilliant show,very funny and umbelievable tricks, on our last night went to see Kaa Cirque Du Soleil at The MGM Amazing.
The Staff at Ny Ny is very helpful.
Thank youNew YorkNew York.

Room Tip: Ask for strip view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,831)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Didsbury, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

WE had a great time, service was always excellent,.. staff was friendly and helpful . Would recommend too anyone. The food at Gallagers was outstanding as was the service, definitly a must try when you stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Canoga Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed for three nights early January (Fri-Monday) at New York Casino/Hotel. The room was very modern and decor was nice. We never used the television. I don't think there was a mini bar in room but would not have used it. We had a rental car from Budget (beware of trickery rates and an 11.00/day fee for an additional driver over age 25!) after we landed at the airport. Valet was super fast and easy dropping off and picking up although we also self parked which was also convenient. Parking was abundant and close. Super short wait early afternoon Friday for check in. There is a daily resort fee around 18.00 in addition to daily rate. We never used the wi fi or whatever that fee is meant to include. Everyone was pleasant. Our room was clean, average bathroom with a tub/shower combination. Beds were comfortable but I got cold; light weight linen. Heater worked well. I was so cold when we came in (very late) that I just put my huge coat over the covers and went to bed. We had a view opposite the strip toward the freeway and the roller coaster. We saw the roller coaster but never heard it. We were not disturbed and I think it runs from around 11am to 10pm maybe. However, the walls were very very thin. I was amazed. We could actually hear conversations clearly so I can only imagine that our neighbors could hear us despite us talking as well. The people next door had several small children and we heard them quite easily. My friend was irritated but it was just that the walls were thin, not that they were especially loud. Our room was changed when we discovered a bug in the bathroom. It was on the ceiling in the shower. We saved the bug after killing it and called down to the desk. I have to say the management were super nice and responsive and were immediately prepared to move us as they eventually did.Two sets of staff came to our room and took a report as well as the bug. In short, we got a comparable room but with a view of the south strip (view of the Bagatelle Hotel) and partial strip view. I have seen bugs at other decent hotels, so I suppose it happens and we were ok with being given another room. The casino was larger than I remember although had to call for service because the machine kept my credit ticket and prior to that it took my money...didn't register my credit...although I did win about 100.00. I stopped gambling there. We ate at the cafe that is open either late or all night. Limited choices but had very well prepared pot roast. I also tried one of the pizza eateries which was good. I was satisfied with the selection of eateries. We ate at Cosmopolitan's (Cosmopolitan Hotel North strip) wicked spoon once which I liked a lot (would return....lunch buffet about 22.00) and Bellagio lunch buffet on Friday afternoon which was about the same price but with a very long one hour wait. I would not stay at New York New York again simply because I disliked the thin walls. Other than that it was an average stay and the staff was pleasant and made an effort to resolve any concerns we had. I guess I am of the mindset that sometimes things dont go smoothly but for me it's in the "How was it resolved" that matters equally to me and I think they made an effort to smooth things over.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Noreen S, Guest Relations Manager at New York - New York Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We greatly appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We are truly grateful for our guests feedback. We are glad you found the valet and check-in experience fast and efficient. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds! We apologize you were able to hear your neighbors during your stay. Also, we regret to hear you found an insect in your room, but am happy that the front desk management team handled the situation perfectly by offering you a room change so the old room would be inspected and apologized for the situation. We assure you this is not typical of the cleanliness of our guest rooms and assure you the room has been inspected and treated properly after your report. We hope you will choose to stay with New York New York in the future, please contact me when you are thinking of returning to Las Vegas and I would love to assist you with a room that would meet your requests and needs, guestservices@nyforme.com.

Best regards,

Noreen Stewart
Guest Relations Manager
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I had a blast stayed in the hotel for 2 days before walking the strip
the room was more then enough space.
The gamblin was good.
The MJ show was cool. We enjoyed the Zumanit
food was good..
We stayed 3 nights and just booked our room for our next stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay at New York New York and found a lot to do during your three day stay! We are glad to hear we were able to provide a lot of entertainment to you and not have you leave New York New York for two days! We can’t wait to welcome you back in the near future, please contact me should you have any questions or need any assistance, guestservices@nyforme.com.

Kind regards,

Noreen Stewart
Guest Relations Manager
San Clemente, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great hotel with a happy and professional staff. I highly recommend this hotel for the aforemention, location and the value. You will also find great restaurant choices!

Rick from California

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Antioch, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Make sure when you make a reseveration you know which room you would like to stay in. We had to change rooms because they couldn't find an available room that we needed. Other than that we had a very enjoyable stay once we were settled.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I always enjoy staying at NY NY.. It's big enough to have everything you may need but small enough to make you feel confortable and secure. Only missing the Texas Hold'em poker games but you can go across the street to MGM and play..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to New York - New York Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!