“MGM” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Walnut, California
“MGM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Room is ok but only lower level can hear sound from outside.
Casio is needed to be filter the area of smoking.
Room need to add more lighting.
I lose a lot of money in slot machine, the machine seems is technical set no money comes out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear May I:

We appreciate you sharing your impressions of MGM Grand. We regret your stay failed to exceed your expectations. Rest assured we will take note of your concerns, and seek avenues for improvement moving forward. We hope to better serve you in the future.

The Guest Experience Department
MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Avalon, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We just spent 3 nights / 4 days at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I've stayed at many hotels in Vegas and was really disappointed with here. When we arrived to the hotel on Sunday at about 4pm the line was ridiculous and we were advised to come back later because the wait time was currently over 2 hours(!). We stored our bags at the bell desk, then went and got something to drink and returned closer to 6. The line was still ridiculously long, but at this time we had no choice but to wait it out. We must of been in the line for over an hour and a half, not great when your families been on a 10 hour flight with 4 kids, and all they want to do is lie down. It's Vegas, and with 5,000+ rooms on a weekend I can kind of understand it, but when you have empty computers and 3 women just stood at the back chatting and staring at the line (which wasn't moving) it's pretty frustrating. There was also no apology made by anyone either.

After finally checking in, waking up the rest of the family who are at this time asleep on the floor, we call down to request our luggage and are told it will be 30 minutes. 45 minutes have gone past and still no luggage, so we call down again and are told it will be right up. Almost an hour later since we originally requested it it shows up. The guy was nice, and we gave him a nice tip regardless, but again no apology! This now made it about 4.5 hours to check-in and get our bags since we arrived at the hotel! I read on other posts that people were given a free buffet breakfast but we didn't get offered anything, instead we paid for the buffet - perhaps we had to start yelling and screaming to get them to understand our frustration? That's not how we operate though, but I know you often don't get anything until you do jump up and down yelling.

The room was also very bland, and dirty. There was a stale french fry sat outside the room a few doors down that was there for days without housekeeping picking it up. It became a joke each day to see if it was still there (and it was).

The view out of our window was a rooftop. Very ugly. Room really wasn't that clean and amenities are very basic - no coffee maker in the room (who doesn't have a coffee machine these days?) and if you want to use the refrigerator you have to call housekeeping to bring one up because they'll apparently charge you if you move anything or put anything in the refrigerator (as stated on a sign). Trying to find your way out the hotel is horrendous - they give you signs to everywhere in the hotel but not how to get out.

The pool was also evacuated multiple times for no clear reason (it was the river one). Then they eventually closed that at about 5:45pm and pretty rudely told everyone to get out so they could go home. I felt this was fairly early given the middle of August, but there were other pools if we really wished to stay.

We stayed at the Hilton Vacation Hotels right before this, paid much less, was given a free upgrade to the 52nd floor with amazing strip views, amazing location, separate lounge area, kitchen area and a jetted tub! And there was no added resort fees. I really wouldn't recommend this hotel. There are plenty of other (nicer) places to stay in Vegas.

Stayed August 2014
Antelope, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The rooms at the hotel were very comfortable and clean. There were adequate pillows and blankets. We had a poor view as we were on the cheap side of the hotel. The bathroom was well stocked and clean. All plumbing worked well. The TV was modern with an excellent panel built in to the front of the cabinet for charging phones, connecting devices to the TV to view your portable entertainment, and listening to your own music. You need to bring the appropriate wires, though.

The elevators are fast enough. Access to a variety of dining venues was close by, though confusing to get to. I know casinos are supposed to get you somewhat lost so you spend more time gambling, but I repeatedly got lost even after three days.

Check in and check out were easy.

Room Tip: Always ensure your room is away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
bogota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

It was a great time we had at the MGM, the rooms are all new, very modern, we had a little bit of trouble with the sink but they fixed it as soon as we called, the pools omg the pools are just amazing you don't want to get out of the pool, and the shows they have we went to KA cirque du solei it was just great , the service was nice, and you can checkout via web, phone, text or even using the tv so you don't have to make the line, parking free just like every other hotel in Vegas, a little bit far from the lobby but is nice, just right in the middle of the strip you can walk everywhere from there, the hard rock is just half block away and the NYC NYC hotel right in front. The MGM had a lot of restaurants and bars where you can have a great time, the hotel smells nice and is very clean. I'd go back !

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our 2 week road trip in Aug 2014. Having spent the first 3 nights of our trip in Caesar's Palace we were looking forward to being at the other end of the strip.

The MGM seems smaller than Caesar's but it was much more vibrant and seemed to be more of a party place with dance music playing.

Jeffrey checked us in, give that man a raise.......excellent service, over and above!! Our room was in the west wing, room 435. Not the greatest of views but the room was fantastic, great facilities, modern and clean.

The onsite bars and restaurant's seemed a little expensive compared to Caesar's but the MGM had far more choice in terms of the food court where there was a McDonalds, pizza, hotdogs etc.

I would certainly stay at the MGM again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Ended our road trip here. Stayed for two nights. Parked car fairly easily at hotel. We arrived a couple of hours early but that was no problem. Easy check in and incredibly good service from Jeffrey at lobby who was polite, friendly and knowledgeable. Clean room. View not so good but you don't come to Vegas to stay in your room. Good location with easy access to shops and other hotels.

• Stayed August 2014
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed at MGM Grand from 2014-06-23 to 2014-06-25.

I have stayed at other hotels in Las Vegas but never I had so much error on my bill...
Maybe because I tried to check out via text message this time.

First of all, I booked the rooms at ~$70 per night. I cannot remember the exact price but I remember they were sub $70.
On the first night, I was charged for $116/night and the second night I was charged for $68/night. - first night is the issue.
If I were to pay over $100/night I would have stayed somewhere else. I think there was an error there.

Secondly, my offer was $150 resort credit. I asked the front desk if this could be used at any MGM resort properties or just MGM Grand
and the answer was I could use this at any MGM properties. I used my resort credit at ARIA Zarkana show, BELLAGIO Buffet, and ARIA JPM Food.
When I called to inquire about the balance of my resort credit or over charge, to my surprise, I was told that my resort credit covered all of them
and I won't be charged. But when I received my folio, all of them were shown and was charged to my credit card.

Third, upon checking in, I asked if I could have my resort fees waived since I will not be using any amenities and I will be checking out early. The front desk agent gladly agreed to waived those fees for us thankfully but yet again, they were shown up on my credit card statement.

I understand that MGM is a huge property, it is the largest hotel I have been to . The hallways seemed endless and casino level was always crowded with live people. I hope you could review my file and correct them. It would be greatly appreciated and encourage my future visits to MGM Grand.
I enjoyed my stay at west wing tower. The room was somewhat smaller compared to other properties but I liked the vibe of the room as it felt like home with its apartment like layout.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!