“STAY AWAY FROM MGM!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“STAY AWAY FROM MGM!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Where to begin!!!
After travelling for 11hours from London myself and my friend couldn't wait to get to the hotel and relax but how wrong was we! We got a taxi from the airport the cab driver overcharged us and took a large tip fee for himself without our consent when we only asked for some change. We arrived at the hotel reception and started the checking in process in the middle of checking in we where shocked to find out we had extra fees to pay which wasn't stated in the booking, we payed a hotel resort fee of 200 dollars which we was aware of but then we also had to pay an EXTRA 250 dollars to cover any damages of the room, this was not stated on the booking confirmation, we was happy to pay this from our debit cards but the payment was declined by there system and we couldn't ring our bank at the time as it was closed in the uk! We explained to customer service rep that we couldn't contact our bank as it was closed and could we possibly pay in the morning, to our disgust the man responded by saying no that wasn't possible and if we didn't pay we would be kicked out of the hotel by 1pm the following day (although we have payed to stay here). We asked to speak to a manager for further help as he was disgustingly rude and not understanding the manager refused to come over which was very unprofessional we even offered a copy of our passports to show we did intend to pay, it was only then we begun to get really frustrated that they gave us a complimentary room upgrade, When arrived in the room it was very clean, and had a great view of the strip.
The following morning we went to reception to contact the bank and they authorised our payment to be made, we then went to pay again but there system still declined it, we then tried to use ATM machine to withdraw cash as there system was denying the card, and they refused to show us how to use the machine, we waited a few hours later and tried to draw out cash again it finally worked, we then payed full payment in cash and got a receipt, that evening returning home from a night out we went to our room to find they the had blocked our room and could no longer get inside, which had all of our personal belongings inside yet again went down to reception and complained they did not even apologise
and asked us to show them our id we stressed that we could not do this as it was locked in the safe!!! They sent a security guard to meet us at the room to prove our identity to get in our own room we was very embarrassed!!
If your planning to use wifi...FORGET IT!!! 75% of the time it does not work! yet you pay a 200 dollar fee to use this service, whilst at the desk sorting this problem 6 other guests where also complaining about the wifi and they seemed to not care and brush us off.
If you want breakfast not not go to there buffet it was like a dogs dinner on a plate and very overpriced, if you want beans on toast forget it there beans are like slush in a pot would not give this to my dog!

I will never be returning to this hotel EVER AGAIN!!!! My friends had payed to stay at this hotel in September but have now cancelled it's embarrassing to say I have stayed here, I will be telling everyone!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

7,122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,879)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My friend and I spent a night here in a two queen to visit the World Market Center which was only a 15 minute shuttle ride away.This particular hotel had nice rooms (comfy bed, blackout shades, clean bathroom), but the hotel itself was sprawling and difficult to navigate. We stood in the check-in line for 1.5 hours which was unexpected. I appreciated the convenience of having dozens of restaurants to choose from inside the hotel itself. Overall a decent experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Monticello, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed in a Tower Suite in August of 2013. The price was right, but you definitely get what you pay for. There are no frills added to your stay at this property. It's also a long walk to the casino and attractions on this property. The pool parties are quite loud as well. I'd compare this place to a noisy Embassy Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

MGM is a good hotel in general, nice casino and lot of things to do inside. The building is very big, so be prepared to walk a lot to explore the different areas of the hotel.

Don't expect a full 4* hotel experience, you'll not find the small details that makes an hotel very good and special but the still, the service is decent and correct.

I was disappointed a bit by the small swimming pools, was expecting bigger ones.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second trip to Vegas having previously stayed at Treasure Island 7 years ago. I have to say that the view from treasure Island is hard to beat (South strip view) but apart from that MGM was better in every way and to be fair in Vegas you don't spend a lot of time looking out of your window!
The MGM is big...I mean BIG! It has 6000 rooms and a nightclub (Hakasan) inside that fits 7000 people. If you're into dance music this is perfect for you as top name DJs appear regularly.
There is something for everyone, and if you're not careful it would be quite easy to spend much of your trip just in this hotel alone.
Our room was on the 20th floor in the main building, but as we requested a view of the strip we could only get a 'smoking' room. If you think this may bother you as a non smoker you have nothing to worry about as I have a sensitive smell and I would defy anyone to notice it was a smoking room. Very clean, well maintained with an entertainment system you can plug any of your devices into via USB. Be warned though, the mini bar isn't too cheap and register any movement of the products electronically so will be charged to your room if you pick up an item to look at it. The beds were huge and there is an ice bucket in all rooms with an ice station at the end of every corridor, so I would recommend getting yourself a slab of beers ar whatever you like to drink on your way to the hotel to save yourself a dollar or 2.
The staff were very friendly and had a lot of fun with them. I would recommend getting a rewards card on arrival and you can use it to gain points on virtually everything you spend on during your stay which can be converted to cash at the end if you wish.
We also visited wet republic whilst there, and would recommend that as a great experience. However, it is not cheap and we were a bit annoyed that the waitress failed to warn us when approaching our pre paid drinks limit as promised, which led to quite a hefty bill ($555 for 4 of us) with a large 'service charge' on top we got told was compulsory. If you do go, I recommend getting one of the beds which have a $250 minimum spend attached (which you will easily spend as the drinks and food are expensive). However, just make sure you keep tabs on what you've ordered to avoid our wallet bashing. Definitely a lifetime experience though.
With a better view and not having had the gut wrenching bill at wet republic MGM would have got 5 stars from us.
We loved it and would recommend to anyone. We would definitely go again but this time a little wiser.
Enjoy your holiday!

Room Tip: This is personal choice but I usually go for a high floor with strip view to avoid looking at air co...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have been going to MGM for many years as I plan a trip with a group of friends every year. I am an M Life member and this year was the worst of all years. In the past, I have had cold showers and construction outside my room and this year was worse. I arrived the day after a big boxing fight and I had an early flight and was able to check in early. When I first came into my room it was filthy with garbage and food all over different places in the room. I complained to management and someone did come by to pick up garbage. My friends came in a later flight and they waited long in line and that they would be paged when their room was available. It took them 2 1/2 hours to finally get their rooms. Overall my experience at MGM has been terrible for the past 3 years. The only great staff were at the M Life desk, Leilani the server, and the staff at Starbucks. They provided excellent service. I am not sure if I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is our fourth stay at the MGM. The check-in was a breeze being a MLIfe member and avoiding the 500 person snake like general admission line. Our adjoining rooms were above average, but the floor and chairs were dirty with shells and strings from Gosh knows what before us. The window and blackout shade was broken in one of the two rooms, which made for a very bright stay. I was very disappointed in the lack of dress throughout the casino and restaurants. From two piece bikinis and shirtless guys walking about or standing in the buffet lines, I swore I was at Huntington Beach, not the MGM Grand. If you like lots of skin and tattoos, then this is the place for you. We changed our reservation from the Bellagio to the MGM Grand. I regret our decision.

Room Tip: Bring hiking shoes for the long trek to the pool and be prepared for extra long elevator lines since...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!