“Celebrating turning 60 years young with great friends” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Delta, British Columbia
“Celebrating turning 60 years young with great friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The River was great start to every day. The casino was a wonderful finish to every day. We ate, laughed, indulged, swam and shopped at this very well run hotel. We all enjoyed the Vegas show included in our packages. The Great White North gives a thumbs up and would recommend the MGM to all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear YankeeFan06:

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent visit to MGM Grand. It sounds like you had fun at our Grand Pool complex and Grand Spa, and enjoyed our wonderful Cirque du Soleil production of Ka. We do apologize for any excessive delays you encountered at hotel registration, however. We will seek to improve our performance in this area moving forward. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in town.

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,659)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stephenville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I feel any on hotel would be the same so I'm not sure if I would stay at this one. Check in was great and friendly staff. Room was comfortable, had something on ceiling of bathroom, tried not to guess what it was, but house keeper cleaned it up. Saying that my main complaint was that elevators are in middle of bottom floor, so you have to walk through casino to get to them, I never found a quick way. If I was drank and was drunk I would never of found my room. Bad layout for those that are tired and just want to go to our rooms.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ashlo:

Thank you for sharing your concerns. At MGM Grand, we strive to provide clear signage, and our friendly staff is always willing to help with directions. We apologize our efforts were unsuccessful in helping you get around. We value your feedback in this matter, and will consider your insights as we work to better our performance. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This stay was our third in a year at the MGM Grand (you can read my previous reviews). We had a Spa Suite with the best view of the Strip that we have had in thirty trips to Vegas (we had to wait until 4 pm for the room, but the view was more than worth it). The Suite was clean and fresh looking (except for a plate sized stain on the couch). The spa tub worked well, although the triangular shape means that two cannot really use it comfortably.
The MGM has now introduced pay-for-the-day pool lounges. For $25 each, we had a padded lounge reserved for our use all day. Our attendant was Michelle S.; I mention her specifically because the service that she provided was so outstanding that my husband and I reserved lounges on two of our three days there. My husband and I both eschew the sun and Michelle ensured that we were in the shade under an umbrella every minute of the day. If you enjoy the pools but want to minimize sun exposure, the lounges are the way to go.
We did have two issues. We are Platinum members, so we used the VIP line to check in. Our room was not ready (we had no issue with that; we were there before check-in time) so we were directed to the Bell Desk to check our luggage. The Bell Desk has no VIP line; we waited forty minutes in line to check our luggage (actually, we waited in one of two, then one of three lines). Having a VIP line to check in and out is pointless if there is no such line for the Bell Desk.
The much bigger issue for me (Canadians, beware) is that my account was converted from American funds to Canadian funds without my consent. I previewed my bill in the room, was satisfied, hit "check-out", and discovered my bill suddenly went up by $100.00! We had to go to the desk and stand in line for ten minutes to address the issue. The (extremely polite and extremely helpful) gentleman did not seem at all surprised that the conversion had been made. When I pointed out that I get a much better rate converting through my credit card (always true: remember that fellow Canadians) he offered to and did fix the problem. However, I am of course still out of pocket although the conversion was reversed because of the exchange rate being charged on each transaction. I asked that someone contact me to address this issue; nobody did.
We love the MGM Grand and will stay again (especially because of Michelle), but we will watch our account carefully.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Weston:

Thank you for sharing your comments. We deeply appreciate your generous comments regarding the excellent customer service and plush accommodations you enjoyed while staying with us. At MGM Grand we work hard to make all aspects of the guest stay feel exceptional. We apologize for any billing difficulties you endured. If you have still not found a satisfactory resolution to these concerns, please contact our Front Desk Management team at your convenience. We value your business, and hope for the chance to see you return to MGM Grand.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Either the good reviews are from people that work at MGM or I'm confused. We paid extra to get the executive suite (more than we would've paid for the wynn which was our other choice, as we stayed there 2 weeks ago) and got a view of the roof top view at MGM and a view of some hotel buildings. Not what I had expected for $500 a night during 4th of July. Front desk had attitude and would not change our room. Blackout blinds didn't work, bathroom felt a dirty and poorly lit, bedside lamp wasnt working, and the lighting inside the room is dark after they fixed the blinds. We've stayed here once before (the first time in Vegas) in a standard room and got a roof top view, but thought the extra money for an executive room would have great views. We were wrong. Wet republic was a joke. Not worth the money (and I'm a petite girl who basically didn't have to pay to get in and I still left after min of the drinken riot). Wynn it will be from now on... Money is not worth spending at the MGM. The poker room and a big pool is the only good thing about this place. Hope you don't make the same costly mistake as us.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Lifelongalaskan:

We regret your recent visit to MGM Grand was unable to meet and exceed your expectations. Please know that while we strive to satisfy all guest room type requests, the limits of inventory and occupancy sometimes hamper our efforts. We apologize for any inconvenience this must have caused you. We are also truly disheartened to hear you found your time at our Ultrapool, Wet Republic unsatisfactory. Your comments are important to us, and we will use them as we seek to provide a more memorable guest experience moving forward.

White Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Overall we had a great time in Vegas. We stayed from May 13th to 17th in an executive queen suite. The room was awesome. Plenty of room, nicely decorated, very comfortable beds. The blackout shades were a nice touch.

That being said, there was a very embarrassing situation with the bathroom. What kind of place only leaves half of one roll of toilet paper to a room meant for four people? Of course l was the one that discovered the end of the roll and not a singe backup roll anywhere. I had to have my bunkmate call down to the front desk who assured him they would send some right up. 45 minutes of being stuck on the toilet later, still no toilet paper! A second call was met with assurance that someone was on their way. 15 minutes later finally a knock at the door. I was free. I should have just used one of their towels, but that probably would have been charged to my credit card.

We went to see Ka. Wow, what a HORRIBLE show. That's for a different review, but if you've seen other Cirque shows, just know that Ka is nowhere near the caliber. The lady at the ticket counter gave the single worst piece of advice I have ever received. She went on and on about how cold it is in the theater and how my friend and I had better wear warm clothes or risk freezing to death basically. Taking her advice, I wore a polo shirt and jeans. It was so damned hot in that theater that I literally dripped sweat the entire time. Why would anyone give such misleading advice? People around me were complaining about how hot it was also. It made no sense to me. Ruined my evening.

There was also a weird black stain on my sheet that I didn't notice until day 2. I left it uncovered for housekeeping to see. I forgot about it until the next morning when I got out of bed and sure enough it was still there. Why would you leave a stained sheet on someone's bed?

I feel that the room was very nice, but MGM Grand isn't run nearly as well as other comparably priced resorts. I had better service and fewer issues staying at the Rio and NYNY. I don't think I'll ever stay at MGM Grand again. There is too much competition in the area to not treat every guest like they are a priority.

Room Tip: There are other places nearby that cost roughly the same and treat you better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Joe L:

We apologize for the service shortfalls and maintenance issues you endured while visiting with us. We further regret that your experiences at our Ka theatre proved so unpleasant. Your comments are appreciated, and you can rest assured these matters will be addressed to prevent them from occurring again in the future. Your complete satisfaction is important to us, and so we look forward to changing your impressions of MGM Grand.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We parked the car and walked to Check-in. It took twenty minutes. There were lines and lines of people queuing to check in when we got there. It was like Disneyland. The lines moved very quickly though. My wife smokes. Previously we had chosen non smoking. The hotel is so big that we elected to go for a smoking room. After check in, we walked to our room. It took twenty five minutes. It's difficult to explain how badly the room smelled. Think Smokey Smokerson and The Smokeroones had held all smoking poker games in the rooms for the previous three months. Never once opened a window or changed an ashtray? Nope, not even close. It was visceral. The room itself was well appointed - if gloomy. It's difficult to get your head round just how big the hotel is - it's humungous! We were there for three days and could have shopped the whole time in the hotel. It has everything you could think of. And .... slot machines. Lots of them. Lots. To be fair, so do all of the other hotels in Vegas. We don't gambel so it was lost on us. But if you like slot machines, this is Nirvana. We bought some tickets for a show. Online - not from the MGM. We needed to print the tickets. In other hotels, this had simply required a quick phone call to Reception. The MGM Reception pointed to a room full of computers where we paid $5 for a few minutes use. This included printing off the show tickets. Not a lot of money but it felt ... well ... mean. Good points: it's right on the strip, it has lots of facilities, the rooms are well appointed. Cons: it's huge, impersonal, gloomy. Don't pick smoking. Ever. Not even if you are a chain smoker.

Room Tip: Non smoking. SEriously!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary H:

Thank you for offering your feedback. While MGM Grand is indeed a spacious facility housing a huge selection of the finest amenities, gaming, and entertainment, we strive to provide personalized customer service to meet the individual needs of our guest. We regret that this was not your impression. We also apologize for the air quality and cleanliness issues you endured in your room. These difficulties clearly detracted from your overall experience, and we look forward to more effectively serving you in the future.

Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been going to Vegas 1-2 times a year since I've turned 21 (Now 27). I have stayed at a variety of hotels but for the past 4 years I have been staying at the MGM. They are literally the best hotel on the strip, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, anywhere from Excalibur to Caesars Palace and Paris Hotel, no one compares to the excellence of MGM Grand and their amazing staff, amenities, location, and rooms!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mandy R:

We know there are a lot of fabulous resorts to enjoy here in Las Vegas. At MGM Grand, we strive to provide the very best possible experience by offering attentive service, unmatched amenities, and fabulous accommodations. In that way, we make your decision and easy one. We are deeply encouraged by your comments, and hope you will visit again soon.

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!