My husband and I are not big "Vegas" people. We did the Grand Circle trip in Utah (5 national parks) and stayed here one night prior to flying out of the Vegas airport. It was one of the cheaper places and had decent reviews. The room was clean, so that was very pleasant to notice. The shower and toilet had these huge glass doors on them that were really heavy and tended to slam - we were extra careful because we didn't want to get blamed for damage that was evidently already there (borderline cracking). We haven't stayed elsewhere in Vegas, but here's what we noticed about MGM:
- convenient location - had a theater in it (that's why we stayed here, our show was in the theater)
- fairly good amount of places to eat, although we chose to eat at a steakhouse in the Aria building based on family's recommendation
- casino was smoky, but I imagine it could have been much, much worse
- nowhere to sit except for slots and table games, but we imagined that was intentional
- parking garage was crazy, but we were able to navigate it well and it was organized
- "Resort fee" was ridiculous, it covered wifi that didn't work well and nothing else we could notice. Wonderful of Vegas to add in stupid fees and taxes everywhere.
Major issue we had: We were woken up at 3 AM by construction outside of our window. Large trucks dumping huge concrete pieces in to a dumpster....again....at 3 AM. I know Vegas never sleeps, but come on. That was the only frustration that we had.
Overall, if I ever returned to Vegas, I'd stay here again because it was clean. If someone recommended a better place to me for cheaper though, we'd be there instead. The room was what we needed for the night, and even though the construction was really annoying I imagine there are much worse things that you can encounter in a Vegas hotel room.
Ask if there's any construction outside, or just try to get a room that wouldn't be near it...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to know that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your accommodations. It is great to see that you liked the variety of our dining and resort amenities. It is also encouraging that you found our location to be convenient.
We apologize for the noise disturbance issues that you encountered. They must have been frustrating for you. We also regret that you did not find our resort fee structure to be satisfactory. Your feedback is useful so we can provide our guests with a better experience in the future. We hope to serve you again, and look forward to your return to MGM Grand.
Manager of Guest Experience
MGM Grand – Las Vegas
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.