“Great Family trip to Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Palm Springs, California
“Great Family trip to Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall had a wonderful time at The MGM Grand Las Vegas. We came in on a Monday after the EDC with two small children 4 and 10. The check in line was a 40 minute wait. I was surprised on how busy it still was after the weekend. The front desk person suggested I use a major credit card for our stay and then switch to the debit card at check out. It was not made clear to me that I would have to stand in the check in line at check out to switch credit cards ugh. We checked out on Friday so again a 45+ minute wait to switch credit cards to check out. In the room there were two weird things one a wet spot on the carpet that housekeeping quickly brought up a carpet cleaner and redid the entire room. Once the carpet was dry wet spot was gone. The second was the light bulb in the closet was burnt out upon arrival. Once housekeeping was called it was promptly changed. Out at the pool I asked three different life guards for an umbrella for the comfort of my children all three said they were all currently being used. I asked if I could rent one the answer was no.It was 110+ plus at the pool so we just left the pool. Disapointed when I am asking for the comfort of my children. Overall our stay at MGM Grand was great. It did take 15+ minutes to get our luggage from Bell Desk to our room but again it was busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,044)
  • Turkish first
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Location, location, location... MGM has a fabulous one, plus an exciting mix of restaurants and an amazing pool. What they don't have is in-room coffee! This lack will hardly put a hitch in the stride of a traveler who doesn't mind taking the hike to Starbucks or ordering room service, but for the caffeine addict like me who wants coffee the second her eyes pop open -- it may be an issue.

Try Craftsteak - it's to die for -- also Wolfgang Puck's place was fabulous as well. MGM has a variety of restaurants with varying price points so chances are you will find something pleasing to your budget or your idea of foodie heaven and won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel during our trip to LV with my friend. Room is far above my expectation and very reasonable as well. Rooms are well appointed and newly renovated with large beds on twin sharing. We arrived at 6am (we came from our trip in Honolulu) and we were just told to add $20 as early check-in fee, its very reasonable given its 5 star stature. The hotel is located at the end of the famous Las Vegas strip and accessible by walking to other main attractions in Vegas. I appreciate the vending machine every floor level (water, snacks, etc) as you dont have to go outside to buy. There is also an automated ice cubed dispenser at every floor. Total experience is a good first class!

Room Tip: dunno if they still have the old unrenovated rooms, but always ask for the newly renovated rooms whe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great place to stay! Loved our room!! I dont have one complaint!! Very clean. Pool area was really good! It is super hot in vegas during july! 112 degrees while we were there. Drink lots of water!! While we were there we went to see Zumanity at New york New York. We all thought it was great! It was an adult show. And we saw Rodney Carrington too! He was absolutely hilarious!! Highly reccommend him!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Recently visited this hotel and it was everything Vegas has to offer. Very good bang for your buck if you book early. Also only a $10 cab ride from the airport. The only downfall is the proximity to the strip. However this hotel has so many amenities that may keep on this property for the majority of your trip.

Room Tip: Book early for the best deal. Don't go to Wet Republic unless your a 21 year old on spring break...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the MGM Grand for four nights for a family vacation because the past three times I've visited, we felt special by the overall experience. This time there were so many wrongs from the rooms, facilities, amenities and staff. First the room I checked into were so dusty that our whole family was sneezing the first day as we unpacked as if the room had not been cleaned outside of just remade beds and the ice machine was broken on my floor for two days to start. As we visited the pool for 3 straight days with temperatures in the 100s, there were so many empty beer bottles and trash littered everywhere along the pool as we tried to maneuver and enjoy the pool. The pool water was so dirty, things floating, milky, frothy, and cig butts everywhere. The food at the cabana by the pool is truly ridiculpus, you expect to pay top dollar for quality product and services, however, they serve gas station grade prepackaged sandwiches, pre packed salads, and microwaved fries for premium price. The beach at the Mandalay Bay serves amazing poolside gourmet food, and the food and services at the MGM pool compares to my local public pool experience. Oh, did I mention the housekeeping clenedy room just once out of the 5 days? And the light in the restroom was out as well. On the day of my check our, I had a question about a line in my bill and as I tried to call someone, I had to wait almost 30 mins to talk to someone twice because the first person didn't let me finish my sentence before she transferred me to a nonexistent extension, and when I finally spoke to someone at the front desk, their response was "you will have to talk to casino and I can't help you with that" just like that. And as I vented somewhat to this person and informed her my preference not to stay here next trip, she said "that's fine sir". The casino staff is very pleasant however the restaurants, which we indulged ourselves in, the pool staff, and the front desk made this trip unsatisfactory. The MGM I kept returning to made me feel like a person and not just another "room" or a "member" until this visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

MGM was great, strip was great, took monorail for 2 days, walked alot, more info on free shuttles should be available. Food court downstairs for breakfast is reasonably priced if u cannot afford buffet everyday. Had a great time, saw George Wallace at Flamingo, great show, get reward cards for whever u go, took 85 dollars off M life rewards at checkout, take receipts to courtesy desk for your purchases, wil definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!