“Good hotel for a Vegas trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
USA
“Good hotel for a Vegas trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel has everything you need, from fast food to fairly good restaurants and is very well located with large spaces and all kinds of attractions - simply a good choice for couples, business and friends stay

Room Tip: Choose high rooms with views of the city. DONT go to low level floors and specially the ones that yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,693)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My only complaint about this hotel was our inability to get a decent wifi signal when trying to work. Great hotel. Great staff. Great food. Easy to navigate. WPPI hit this one out of the park. I loved having everything in one place.

Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The best room I've ever had It made me want to spend more time in it, but of course I didn't. Love the slots and the people, felt very safe. The food was very good and over portioned for me. My husband loves playing poker at MGM also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Olney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have just returned from spending five nights at the MGM Grand, where I stayed due to working at a trade show in the MGM Grand's Convention Centre.

The MGM Grand is seriously........grand, on such a huge scale that it can easily take your breath away. It is a massive complex where you can easily get lost and, during my stay, was so constantly full of people that it was like a small city in one building!

The rooms are fantastic - more like small suites than hotel rooms and are finished and maintained to very high standards. Rooms are air conditioned and have electric window blinds - really cool as a gadget but very handy for shutting out the bright green MGM Grand lights at night time so you can sleep!

There are plenty of places to eat within the MGM Grand but be warned, eating in the hotel's restaurants is not cheap and a not-too-extravagant meal can easily cost $75+ per head with drinks! Expect long queues at breakfast time and slow-ish service too in the waited breakfast restaurant - the buffet is quicker.

The casino in the hotel runs 24/7 and is very loud and public-area smoking is still permitted, so be warned!

To sum up: well situated at the end of the Las Vegas Strip for all the hotel and eating out attractions, great rooms, but pricey to eat and very, very busy!

Room Tip: We were offered rooms with king size beds (yes - two of them) but only if we would accept smoking ro...
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My stay at the MGM hotel in Las Vegas was great, very convenience, the deal was excellent definally make your money worth it, the staff are very friendly and they work fast to help you on anything you need, the room was very spacious and clean, also the hotel offer so many different options for entertainment that you don't need to go anywhere else, It is a resort fee but all the amenities and attention make your stay totally worth it, the location is also great, will recommended to anybody.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

MGM is a wonderful place to stay. We had a couple nights to lay over on our way back home to Honolulu and couldn't have stayed at a more convenient and comfortable hotel. We stayed in a newly upgraded room, the beds were so comfortable, it was quiet and the room as always clean and well maintained. The location is great, so close to the airport as we had to run there a couple of times to take family. I also visited the Spa. Initially there was a problem with my reservation, my appointment was made for the wrong day and it showed that I was a no show to my appointment. The Spa Reservation lady was very helpful to accommodate me and get the prior reservation cancelled and refunded! I really appreciated that, as it was my fault for not reviewing the confirmation they emailed me earlier than the day of my assumed reservation. The massage I had was so awesome. I had a woman from the Caribbean, I can't recall her name at the moment, however she was sweet and very good at massage. I highly recommend her to anyone getting a massage. My daughter also had a great Spa experience. My husband and daughter also used the Cardio room and was pleased with that. The resort fee was worth it. Overall It was a great experience and I hope I get free rooms again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a light sleeper to begin with...so, whatever they do (or don't, depending on who you talk to) pump into the air really screwed-up my sleep. I had several clients that "burnt the candle at both ends", so while it was good that I was awake early, it wasn't so good when I didn't have to be awake at 6am. MGM always does such a good job, overall, I can't complain too much at all. I've been a regular guy at their Signature Suites, and am a huge fan of them...but this being my first time in the regular towers, I found the experience to be JUST as good. Enjoy your time there, if you get to read this!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!