“MGM” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Perth, Australia
“MGM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Overall, very disappointing. Hotel is currently a construction site which limits access. Rooms OK but no coffee or tea making facilities. Resort fee huge rip off. Intermittent wifi, no paper delivery and with pools not open what exactly do you get for this fee? No atmosphere or theme. Cleaning of our room was consistently late in the day which meant that we had to wait to get into our room after pounding the strip all day but before getting ready to go out for the evening.
There are many better hotels in Vegas, pick one of them!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,350)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Unsure on what to expect at a las vegas hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. Received a fast check in by a friendly staff member at the front desk but we did get lost heading to our room but was shown the correct direction by another staff member. The room was nice and spacious with blockout blinds that worked very well. The rooms were very quiet even considering there was a heavy weight fight and there were plenty of people around. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Spent 5 days in the Sin City, booked this hotel as my husband was attracted by the grand lobby. But when i stepped into the room, i loved it right away. It is newer than i thought, the sizeable room and bathroom is rarely seen in those newer hotels (standard room) nowadays. Needless to mention the location, step away from M&M and Coca Cola shops. Staffs at the Valet are super friendly. The food credit can be used towards the Aria, Bellagio, New York NY, Monte Carlo...etc. The only sad thing i want to say is the lion has passed away a year ago. I highly recommend this hotel for a reasonable price I paid for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alhambra, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Me and my husband started our MGM christmas vacation in 2011. We also made it a tradition to have our Christmas dinner at Wolfgang Puck. As M Life members, MGM is our favorite place to stay in Vegas. We feel at home when we are there. We can play all the games we want; my husband plays poker several times a day and I play the slots. The staff are very friendly, rooms are very clean and comfortable, The hotel is also very safe, have not witnessed any fight or chaos, lots of slot games I love, the food is very good . My grandchildren lives the buffet and the swimming pool. MGM is home to us in Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bendigo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is third biggest in the world and you can see why! We needed a map to get around the place. The buffet was one of the hardest things to find and we had to ask a number of people how to get there. I'm also not a huge fan of walking through the casino to get everywhere but you will experience this with any of the major hotels in Vegas. One of the disappointments was that the lion exhibition was not open for the 3 nights we were there.

Many people I have talked to were not happy with the rooms at the MGM. We stayed in a newly renovated one which I think is a big improvement from the others. I did not like the open plan of the bathroom although the bed was very comfy! :) We also got a complimentary breakfast which was very nice indeed!

Altogether it was an amazing hotel but probably not to my taste. A little too big.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked our trip over 6 months in advance at the MGM Grand in Vegas. When we arrived for check in, we found that our room was booked and there was no record of our reservation. We had all of our paperwork with us to prove our reservation. After over an hour of waiting, finally we were compensated with a two level upgrade. Included in our original reservation was a room credit that could be applied to anything on the MGM Grand property. As soon as this credit was activated there was a charge on my credit card. Charges periodically happened over my weekend. When I returned home and explored these charges I immediately called MGM Grand and all charges were returned to my credit card. I did not use any of the room credits that were given to me at check in, but you will need to provide a credit card to accept the credit and this is how my card was charged. Even though our room was not available with our original reservation, I believe MGM Grand compensated us fairly for their mistake. Be prepared to walk a long way when you stay at this resort to reach the strip, this is one of the largest resorts on the strip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our latest trip to the MGM Grand was good overall. There were are few little things that could have been better such as the TV/alarm clock working properly. The shower pressure was horrible in this particular room...we have stayed in other rooms and the shower pressure had been great. We received our car from the valet and it was not how we left it-there was a white, dried, sticky substance all over the steering wheel. Our dinner at Fiamma was wonderful...the food and service is impeccable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!