“Checked in - Checked Out!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #49 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Omak, WA
“Checked in - Checked Out!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

We reserved the 2 bedroom suite. The biggest and most expensive suite they offer and what a frickin' joke. The room was dirty. The furniture was ugly. The tables had scratches and the couches had stains.
The views were horrible!
So we spent about 10 minutes in the room looking at everything. After a very brief discussion, everyone in our party all agreed to check out and go to the MGM Signature, which was sooooo much better.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

6,883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,497)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee WI area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

We took advantage of a room offer that we received from Mandalay Bay and spent a long weekend there. I do not know what the "standard" room rate at this hotel is - the offer made it an outstanding deal for us.

Although our flight arrived mid-morning, we were able to check in to the hotel several hours ahead of the stated 3PM check in time. Checkout was also fast and easy - done on-line in the room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Our room (28th floor) was comfortable and had a nice view looking south over the pool area. We enjoyed several meals at restaurants on site - there are a wide variety to choose from. The food was outstanding at all of them.

The only "complaint" I had was that the tram running between Excalibur and Mandalay Bay was not running. This property is at the far South end of the Las Vegas Strip, so it's quite a hike to anywhere else. It looks like the repairs were in process, so I'm hoping it's working next time. You can walk indoors through Luxor to Excalibur, but the weather was so nice we decided to walk outside.

I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at Mandalay Bay for 3 nights after spending 5 nights at caesars Palace on a solo trip to Vegas.
Mandalay Bay is at the far South end of the strip. It is a full 5 star hotel and casino. I had a standard 550 room and found it plenty big enough. The room had a large king bed, flat screen tv, nice linens and pillows and a large marble bathroom.
The Mandalay Bay has a large selection of restaurants and bars. They have bands playing in the casino free of charge.
The hotel is connected by a walkway and tram to the Luxor and they have a stop for the Deuce bus out the front.
Overall I found the MB to be a very beautiful hotel. Very clean and friendly with wonderful staff.
As a femal solo traveller I would thoroughly reccommend Mandalay Bay to family and friends and fellow travellers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Laconia, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

To start off, at checkin we were told that we did not recieve the King Bed room we booked, but instead were given one with 2 Queens - pretty sure these were Full size though.
Nice bathroom, and bed was comfortable - food in buffet was good, but expensive for what they had to offer.
At checkout they tried to say we had eaten something from the minibar, but we hadnt (they promptly removed from our bill) - my husband said that he had noticed that it wasnt there when we checked in too, so i'm wondering if this is some sort of scam that they run to try and charge people extra money!!!
The major issue we had was that we had called before arrival and some lady in their reservations department has added "complimentary" Cirque tickets to our room for us. But when we went to the box-office at Treasure Island to pick them up, they said they weren't part of our package, so we had to purchase them ourselves (money we didnt plan of spending mid-trip, since we were told they'd be complimentary).
After returning home I called the hotel to try and correct the issue, and after being on hold SEVERAL times over the couse of 45 minutes, I was told that since whoever I spoke with hadn't made notes in the reservation, I was "out of luck", and that we should have just "walked away from the show, and not seen it - it wasnt their fault we payed for the tickets". What kind of customer service is this??!! The woman was VERY rude and had me on hold SEVERAL times and refused to credit me the cost of the tickets, even though THEY were the ones that told me they'd be complimentary (she kept trying to tell me that I'd need to take is up with Orbitz, although it had NOTHING to do with them - the tickets were NEVER part of our package with Orbitz, they were "complimentary" with the hotel directly).
All in all we'll be staying somewhere else next time - had a GREAT time in Vegas, but Mandalay Bay isnt worth the money or the hassle (not friendly, and too far away from center of strip). Next time we'll find somewhere with good customer service and better location.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

This was my second trip to Vegas, for a friend's wedding and everyone was staying at Mandalay Bay. So, my friend and I shared a room. When we first walked in, there is a pleasant tropical smell...like coconut and mango. We arrived before the 3pm check-in time, but the lady at the front desk was really nice and we were able to check in around 1pm at no extra charge and they held our bags while we walked a mile to the center of the strip. Our room was nice...the view was of the parking lot, but definitely not an issue. I ordered room service one night when I was ill and it was great! The best chicken noodle soup ever! The pool is great. It has real sand, but since we were there in June it was super crowded. Get there early and save seats for your friends! Also, it is QUITE a walk to any of the other hotels, although you can take the tram to NYNY and walk the rest of the way. If you want to go to the Bellagio, Caesars or Venetian...take a cab!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
jmfel1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

Absolutely stunning hotel! Very beautiful and luxurious rooms. Cannot find a fault with this hotel. Even though its just on the end of the main strip I still thought it was one of the top 3 hotels in Vegas!! Also smells amazing - like coconut!! Most hotels smell like chlorine from all the water features etc...
I stayed here with three girlfriends for a partying weekend in Vegas. We got one room with two queens so it was cost effective but still very comfortable because the rooms are quite generous. We didn't get to use the pool/beach area because it was winter - but it looked absolutely amazing. I would love to stay here again on my next trip to Vegas!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Basking Ridge, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I have stayed at other places in Vegas and it never really felt like a "real vacation", but once I stayed at Mandalay Bay, I was officially in love with Vegas. The pool area alone, (which includes several pools, a lazy river, a wave pool with beach, and even a poolside casino) makes it a worthwhile trip and makes it feel like more of a true resort vacation.
The rooms are spacious and very well maintained. Even if you get the bottom of the line room it has the look of a suite. If you do want a suite, they offer a variety of sizes, sometimes for not all that much of a price jump.

Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!