“Something for everyone: nice rooms, spa and casino” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
British Columbia
“Something for everyone: nice rooms, spa and casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed in the 2 bedroom suite for 3 nights. Room was spacious, clean and nice. Mandalay Spa was very nice. If you get a chance go for a massage and enjoy the facilities. Casino is spacious and not smokey which is nice. Easy to go between Luxor and Mandalay and the service was great at both. Will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Fellow-Canadian,

We were thrilled to read your 5-star review of our resort! It was a pleasure to host you, and we’re so glad to hear you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your praises of our Extra Bedroom Suite, Spa Mandalay and other resort features! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino!

Guests@mandalaybay.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,085)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great hotel if you are looking for lots to do in one place. The location makes it a bit tough without taking taxi's all over the place which always seem to run $25 after tip each way. Great choice in restaurants. Table limits run very high which makes playing table games a bit of stretch the average player. Light is an unreal experience and has to be one of the great nightclubs in the country.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am so disappointed with the service that I received when trying to book 10- 12 rooms plus banquet space. I called in today and was transferred to 4 different people before any one would help me.

Once I was transferred to Joann, I asked for her last name so I could keep track of who I was speaking to, and she replied "Why do you need my last name? I am not the person that you will be dealing with anyways for your group." I found her to be very rude. I asked if I could please speak with someone in their Sales Department because my group has very specific requests and she told me no, that I would have to give her my name and information and a Sales Manager would send me a contract. But how can that be possible, if they do not fully understand the needs of my group.

I am currently in Hospitality Sales myself here in Washington DC, and I have worked in Customer Service for over 10 years. This was by far the worst customer service I have ever received from a hotel. My group was looking forward to staying at the Mandalay Bay, but now we will have to research a different property. I am truly disappointed and I hope that someone from the hotel will see these and retrain the staff.

I know that is a bit of a stretch in hopes, but I was sincerely disappointed.

Dear Kimi H,

We have acknowledged your comments and extend our sincere apologies for the very unusual service you received while attempting to book your reservation. Please know that the service you received from the team member mentioned is absolutely not reflective of how we aim to assist our guests. Your feedback was expedited to our management team in the Sales Department and they would like to speak with you directly regarding this incident. Our Guest Relations Director sent you a private message last week hoping to obtain your contact information, but unfortunately his attempt has not been answered. We hope you respond to our private message at your earliest convenience so we may have an opportunity to rectify this situation. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for bringing this to our attention; with this information we will be able to make the appropriate operational improvements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Gorgeous! We got an awesome view of the strip! Wonderful features. The lazy river and artificial beach is great for families. The hot tub was nice. Great windows.
Our November room had nice temperature without noisy heat or air conditioning. There is a handy tram to Luxor and Excalibur. I recommend taking this free tram; we walked it once and traffic made it dangerous street crossing. Be sure to go see the view from the Mix, bar on top floor. Awesome and it does not costs like the Stratosphere. I liked being on the end of the strip to get out of town faster. Just be careful not to move the items on wet bar. They are weighted and will add to your bill total. Manager did deduct this when I explained that I did not consume the food. I hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have nice view.
Wilmington, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went to Mandalay Bay to attend the Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil. The show was awesome and the hotel was just as impressive. Whether you are a MJ fan or not, the show will be something worth you while. We would highly recommend both!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been in Vegas 60+ nights over the years to attend conferences. I love staying at Mandalay Bay for its Spa - it has hot, warm and cold pools as well as a steam room and dry sauna to indulge in an "Nordic Spa" experience after standing on my feet all day. After a session in the private gym, I feel truly indulgent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear TMG99,

Thank you for sharing your unique experience with the travel community! It pleases us to hear about the amazing time you had while visiting Spa Mandalay! The way you described our facility paints a great picture for other readers and future travellers. Your generous feedback has been shared with our spa management team. We appreciate your kind remarks and your patronage. Please join us again soon, whether for business or pleasure!

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

They have great rooms, some of the largest rooms on the strip for the money. I really liked the service staff. Very friendly & helpful in general. They have lots of things to do there & it is a convenient walk to the Luxor & Excaliber.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!