“Wow, classy all the way around” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Georgia
“Wow, classy all the way around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The lobby and casino are tastefully decorated and not at all smoky, The casino had great ventilation. We made reservations through our mlife VIP service and didn't have to stand in the long, long check-in line.
The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The bathroom was new and spacious. There were duel closets and a separate tub and shower. Nothing seemed cheap or old. The furniture and chairs had no stains or scratches. The rooms could have passed for brand new. No sound between the walls or hall/connecting room doors. The bed was perfect. WE asked for extra pillows and they were there in 10minutes. We will stay here again and may even let them upgrade us to the tHE hotel. I don't see how it could be that much of an upgrade considering how nice the room was.
The pool and beach area is huge, HUGE. We didn't have any problem finding a sunny or shady pool chair. There were plenty of towels. They were a little worn but available in multiple locations. Each restaurant and grill had fresh cold water stations and cups. Bring your own water bottles and fill up as needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear jerseygirl74,

Thank you for your constructive remarks. We are delighted to know that you had an amazing time at our resort. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our comfortable and relaxing Mandalay Bay rooms. We enjoy providing exceptional amenities and options for our guests. It has been our pleasure to host you and look forward to your next stay!

Guests@mandalaybay.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,208)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I been visiting this hotel now for over 6 years and every time they got better and better, staff goes our the way to please you.
The Michael Jackson by Circus Soleil is one the best show in Vegas right now, I give it 5 stars.
Always live music at Mizuya Lounge for free.
The beach is the best in Las Vegas, NV.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment you walk in until the moment you leave you will be awestruck by the beauty and elegance. The rooms are magnificent and the view of the Las Vegas strip was breathtaking.

The staff, restaurants and lounge are first class.

The next time I visit Las Vegas I will only stay at Mandalay Bay, even if it's not on the company's expense LOL!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north towards the strip.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Within the busy hassle and bustle of LV, this hotel/ resort has a sense of calm and relaxation in it. Very nice 5star experience. Excellent lobby and spacious hotel room, complemented with 1st class customer service, made it a overall wonderful experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Martville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently went to LasVegas for a convention and stayed at the Mandalay
Bay Resort. It was wonderful. I took my daughter with me as well and she was thrilled. The room was on the 32nd floor and the view was by far
unbelievable. The bathroom was as large as the room itself. It had a hugh tub, glass shower, TV, a double tile sink. The commode had a door and was separate as well.

The beds were very comfortable and large. It is a 5 star hotel and rightfully so. Although the Mandalay is further down on the strip it
is nicer that way. The aroma when you walk into the hotel is wonderful.
Makes one feel like they were in a flower garden. Everything was so
clean and the décor was beautiful.

I have been to Las Vegas before and the Mandalay is by far the best.
Everyone from the front desk to room service could not have been nicer.
Always aimed to please. That is what it is all about.

Well done, Mandalay.

Room Tip: Whatever room you get I am sure will be nice but the room on the 32nd floor were the greatest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

While knowing that you get what you pay for, I was at least hoping that Mandalay Bay will be as good at their basic deluxe accommodation as they are with their luxurious suites. I booked here using the free nights I was awarded with my credit card and just wanted to experience Mandalay Bay. I had a choice between Bellagio and Mandalay Bay and I chose Mandalay Bay because it was farther from the action of the Strip and I was hoping it was a better choice. I was disappointed. The Beach was a great come-on and it was an awesome experience though very crowded in the summer. One drawback when travelling with kids is that they have a mini bar that the check-in staff warned me about: "once you move anything from inside, items will be charged to your account". I was asking this with the hope of placing something inside the mini ref- like milk, to keep for my toddler. Instead, I had to make sure that my very adventurous young one didn't even open the provided ref in case I have to pay stellar prices for soda and water.Parking was very far from the hotel check-in counter and there are no trolleys that you can avail of from the parking area. As it was my first time, I was unaware of the procedure and when I called the customer service from where I was parked to ask how to get to the hotel with my stuff, they were not very helpful with alternatives, but just said, that I had the right parking area and that I just had to traverse the distance from the parking area through the casino until you reach the far end of the hotel where the check-in counters were. Travel light and have bags with wheels! I discovered that you can also drop off your stuff in-front of the hotel and then park afterwards (if there are two of you checking in), but I was not advised this when I called.I wouldn't have tried to do this anyway, because there was such a long line of cars exiting the parking area with drivers not giving way and seeming to be so hot-headed. The room we were given- a king deluxe room, was not what I expected. I have been to other lesser category hotels and they had delivered better quality rooms. There was a stench coming from the toilet and seemed to come from the sewer. The room was not cool (this was summer and we just came from the hot parking area) when we came in and with the smell from the toilet sewer, it was not a very pleasant first impression. I loved the bathroom shower, the pebble-style floor and shower head was nice. There was a TV inside the bathroom to make the bath experience inviting, but we didn't really stay long enough in our room to use the tub. There was a simple framed decor over the bed that was peeling off in one corner, another disappointment. I just didn't expect these sort of disappointing details from Mandalay Bay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear LAtravelbug_11,

We appreciate your feedback and regret the disappointment you experienced during your stay. It is very upsetting to learn that your experience was anything less than exceptional. We work diligently to provide an all-encompassing resort experience to our guests. Whether guests stay with us to enjoy the thrills of Las Vegas or to indulge in tranquility and relaxation, we hope to provide a customized resort experience to exceed their expectations. We are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations and our goals. While we understand your sentiment, we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this hotel many times and still enjoy it. Arrived at 9:30 am on a holiday weekend and received a room. Front desk was very nice, pool bartenders (Joseph) also very nice and excellent food at Border Grille. Will definitely be back... Fun place, great service and nice room.

Dear Sandria3,

We thank you for your continued and loyal patronage. We know our Las Vegas travelers have endless hotel options, and we sincerely appreciate having multiple opportunities to host you at Mandalay Bay! Your generous feedback is most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again soon!

Guests@mandalaybay.com

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!