“Completely AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Arvada
“Completely AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at Mandalay Bay for one night on March 2nd. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The casino is very open and airy and probably the least smoky of any casino I have been in in Vegas. Once we figured out the layout to the parking garage it was very easy to get through. The room was amazing. We were upgraded to a strip view and it was a fantastic view right up the strip on the 15th floor. The rooms are nice, modern and the beds heavenly comfortable!! The only thing I did not like is how close the bathroom is to the bed, but that is just me. I have no complaints whatsoever. Check in was easy and smooth and our room was ready at 10am! Mandalay Bay is my new favorite hotel in Vegas. Only downfall is how far off the strip it is, but it's such a fabulous place that I didn't care at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view.. it's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

6,322 people have reviewed this hotel

2071
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a very comfortable deluxe room for the duration of a 6 day conference my husband was attending. The room was immaculate, the staff were friendly, housekeeping was efficient, the pool area was great As with all Vegas casino resorts the casino was smoky but it didn't feel overpowering like some others we visited. It was nice being at the end of the strip, it made it feel quieter and more relaxing. I would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Mandalay Bay was a nice get-away for the night. We stayed there because we had tickets to a show (Carrie Underwood) and didn't want to fight the traffic afterward. The room itself was a little in need of a makeover but very clean. We ordered in-room dining several times and the food came quickly and was hot. The only bad mark I can give this property was the desk staff wasn't very friendly. Just ok. We also thought it was a little over priced compared to other hotels for that night. They also charge for early check-in, guaranteed queen beds and resort fees. Therefore our room got to be a little expensive. But overall, it was a good time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for joining us during the Carrie Underwood concert. We offer our apologies for the service you received from our front desk staff during your time at our resort. Our staff intends to offer superior guest service at all times. We are sorry this level of service was not provided by our front desk team. It pleases us to know that this did not have a negative impact on your overall stay. Thank you very much for your appreciated comments. Please join us again soon.

Oceanside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I wanted to pay for a room for my daughter and her husband for her birthday. I called in person so there would be no problem as I was paying for the room but not checking in. They told me they do it all the time, took my American Express and I received an email from The Hotel with my information BUT wrong price. I called and they apologized and said they would correct it. When my daugher got home she found that their card was charged and not mine and for the higher, incorrect rate. I have spoken with the manager and forwarded the email. To this date I (a week later) I have had nothing but the run around: no one's available, we'll look into it, I don't know anything but will have someone call you. There is no credit for incorrect charge or credit the right accounts so I give up! I gave my daugher the money to cover her charge and am letting it go. I WAS GOING TO BOOK THE WYNN, where we usually stay, wish I had. You should.

Room Tip: book the Wynn or other hotel; better service, cleaner.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your post. Please accept our sincere apologies for the multiple difficulties you have encountered because of your billing concerns. I also apologize for the lack of help from our staff to assist you with this matter. We would be happy to review your daughter’s account and help rectify your billing issues. We look forward to hearing back from you and we also certainly hope to regain your faith in our resort.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently stayed at Mandalay for a 1-day, semi-impromptu getaway from LA. Opted to upgrade to a Vista Suite since I hadn't stayed in that particular offering yet... And WOW! So glad I opted to splurge a little!
Now- I'm not saying that Mandalay Bay is the newest, or coolest, or fanciest property on the strip- and I know it's a little to the south-of-centerstrip. But- it's still a GREAT place to stay- especially if you spring for a suite! And- the far-souther. Juxtopposition to the strip gives you an unbelievable view of Las Vegas, especially from the suite and from Foundation Room!
Now- the rooms haven't been update in... Maybe 6 years? But the furnishings were simple but classy, the bed was awesome, and the sound system in the room was surprisingly bass-ey. A couple things were showing a bit of wear, but the understated decor of the room, for the most part, smacked of enduring, relaxed luxury. And the 270 degree strip view was astounding. Oh, and the steamroom/shower combo is very hangover-relieving. And, since Mandalay is so huge, there's no shortage of food options. And places to drink. And PLEASE eat at Citizen's. I had an awesome burger, and great service!
I hope I don't sound like I'm a schill for Mandalay- I'm just sharing my good experience(s). I've had almost nothing but good stays here in the past, and I encourage you to ask about available upgrades at check-in, as well as to give this non-center-strip property a shot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stockton, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We choose Mandalay Bay because of the confort of the room and cleanlines. We do not regret it, is the best in all areas. We enjoyed our stay my sister, mom and my self are very satisfied. We all had a blast celebrating my sisters Birthday and Valentine's Day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I wasn't to impressed with this place! you are just a number! I found this to be the norm at most of the hotels in Vegas. These places are just way to big for true customer service . There was a few thingI liked about it and one was that it is away from most of the other place on the strip. Vegas in general is going down hill and everybody is trying to make a buck from you. The other is that most of the working girls don't come down this far. Oh yeah there is a great burger joint in the hotel. I'm going to the Cosmo next month see how that place is most likely just like this but with balconies. I really don't understand what people find so interesting about Vegas? Everyone from my office can't wait to go and I just dread it. I really enjoy being treated well and in Vegas they just don't care even if you tip well because you never see the same people . I'm going to request we stop doing any function in Vegas and go somewhere with a beach instead and since I'm the boss I think I'll get my way! In general if you want Vegas to survive everybody there better change their attitude . I'm giving the Cosmo a chance and if that doesn't work out , Vegas is dead to me!! Lol.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Mandalay Bay as your Las Vegas destination. Please know, our staff consistently strives to provide all of our guests with superior customer service. We regret to hear this excellent level of service was not represented by our staff throughout your visit. We value your feedback and your honesty. It would give us great pleasure to host you once again in the future.

Guests@mandalaybay.com

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!