“Best hotel we've stayed at in vegas!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3950 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89119   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best hotel we've stayed at in vegas!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the 5th time my husband and I have visited Las Vegas and we decided to try out the Mandalay Bay hotel this visit! We have not had very good luck when it comes to clean hotel rooms in Vegas! Last year we stayed at treasure island and our room was disgusting and the staff were not very friendly! I am super picky when it comes to having a spotless hotel room and Mandalay bay met all my expectations:)! They also had one of the most friendly staffs of any hotel I've ever visited! We were very impressed with this hotel and will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,207)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alhambra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

*This review is a little long as I like to know as much as possible before staying somewhere. I have stayed at multiple hotels on the strip, though this was my first time here, and it has quickly become a favorite. Check in was surprisingly fast. There was no line and the guy helping us was fast and effective. I enjoyed that he gave us suggestions of different things to do there since we did not have plans. We had gone just for a valentine get away.

The food at hussong's was excellent and had one of the best servers. Also citizen was delicious, must try their wavy fries there. As for the buffet it is good. I especially enjoyed the pasta station. However, when I went the next day for breakfast, it had some of the same foods from the previous day during lunch. I would prefer more variety. So if you decide to try the buffet, I would suggest not going more than one day. The raffles cafe is also pretty good. You must try the boysenberry syrup here. I thoroughly enjoyed that all the restaurants have floor to ceiling window views of the pool area.

In the casino I walked up to one bar where the bartender was too busy socializing with his friend. After waiting about five minutes and getting no acknowledgement of being there we decided to try a different bar. We went to a bar by a stage area. This bar definitely made up for the poor service at the other bar. The bartender was friendly and quick to serve me. When I asked for a zombie, he was out of one ingredient but suggested another bar I could try as well as another drink. This drink was excellent. I also enjoyed fat Tuesdays here a lot.

Since it is during the winter season only the morrea beach club was open for a swim. This area is a bit on the small side in my opinion. I had reserved a fire pit to make s'mores. It cost $40 for the s'more kit. When I arrived at my reserved time my kit was not there yet. As compensation they upgraded us to a private cabana for free with the first round of drinks on them. I was impressed since I asked for nothing. They were very apologetic that I had to wait so long for the kit. The cabana was great. Nice private area all to ourselves with a private pool. However the bartender at the bar by the pool was very unintelligent. He could not provide any recommendations and said I had to order from the menu.

The room was great. I stayed in a spa suite and the spa tub is worth every penny. I had a relaxing bubble bath and the tub is plenty big. The toilet has its own door which can be annoying at times since one sink is right in front of the door. There are two sinks though. There is plenty of closet space and great views from any floor level. The unique couch is amazingly comfortable. House keeping is great as well. When I called and asked for another pillow it took awhile. I ended up leaving my room before they came. However they left it in the room even though I wasn't there. The bed is very soft. I prefer a little harder bed. I enjoyed the shower head has different settings for water pressure.

Overall a spacious room with great service. I'll definitely be returning. Only downside is that the tram was not running and I ended up walking half the strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

You really get a 5 star guest experience without the outrageous price tag, from the gront desk to the valet to the pool the staff is incredibly helpful and polite. The property has everything you need.

Room Tip: the rooms are all very similar so I would ask for a pool, strip or mountain view depending on your p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Mandalay Bay! It’s so pleasing to hear about the wonderful service you received from our staff throughout your visit. We have shared your comments with several staff members. We appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you at Mandalay Bay in the future!

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We chose is hotel as we were meeting up with family who was already booked in there. The hotel is fantastic, room was really up to date, had a huge bathroom, with a glass enclosed shower and a soaker tub... And this was just a standard room. I was worried because it is on the at end of e strip, but the nice part was the casino wasn't crowded with people wandering over from other hotels. Rae's are great too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our Vista suite did not have the steam shower as advertised, and the panoramic view was of rooftops, so we changed to the media room suite. It was much better with a view of the pool . We enjoyed the 62 inch TV with surround sound. Housekeeping was not top notch, however. Someone had obviously had a celebration of a 21st birthday, as there were "21," stars, and other glitter still on the floor during our 3 night stay. Turn down service was hot-and-miss, and we did not get a refill of shampoo. We have learned our lesson, and will be staying at Bellagio instead next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your feedback and offer our apologies for the level of service you received from our housekeeping staff during your recent stay. Our housekeeping works very hard to provide our rooms with thorough and detailed service. We apologize our high standards of service was not reflective in the room you received. All of your comments have been expedited over to each related department head for review. Please know we sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope to have another opportunity to host you in the future.

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had a long business trip to Vegas during the time my teenage kids were on a school holiday. My wife and I decided to go ahead and make it a working vacation for the family. Usually the Vegas experience gets old quick for my teenage boys but the Mandalay was a great resort for them, a five stat spa for my wife and a fun casino for me.

The hotel and resort offer so much for a family, with the lazy river and wave pool, and the aquarium. The teenage boys were happy all day in the pool area. The entry to the hotel is separate from the casino so the kids did not have to walk through the casino to go to the pool.

The casino was great. The table games were good for blackjack and it was light and not smokey. They dealers and pit were very friendly and seemed to be having fun.

My wife loved the spa. They have a huge set of hot and cold baths, a steamroom and sitting quiet area for relaxing.

We at on property and loved going to Strip Steak. They also have a Starbucks for the morning.

The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and bright.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'Parlor Suite' if you have a whole family. These rooms are two rooms connected wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent our first night in Vegas here before traveling to UT. What an amazing facility! The room was well appointed with an expansive view. The casino was vast, with enough restaurants to fulfill every craving. We had dinner at The Mix Lounge. The food and view from up there was astounding! We will definitely stay there again when we go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of The Great Room suites on the 60th floor. It has great views and there is an elev...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!