“One of the nicest on the strip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #47 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“One of the nicest on the strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very Clean, Cleanest on the strip in my opinion. Friendly staff, always willing to help. Bought “non refundable” tickets to the Grand Canyon from the concierge’s desk but got sick and could not go. The concierge got my money refunded for me. Great places to eat all over the resort, House of Blues and Hussong Mexican are my favorites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for the 4-star review of your latest stay at Mandalay Bay! We also thank you for the very kind comments you have submitted. We have shared your comments with several staff members, including the concierge staff that assisted you during your stay. We agree that House of Blues and Hussong’s Cantina are great dining selections and thank you for the recommendations. We value your feedback and please come back again soon!

6,944 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,532)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Smith MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We checked in thinking everything was pre-paid and they wanted $84 for a resort tax. WHAT? I was never told about it and that seems like a very high price for 3 nights. It apparently covers the gym, newspaper and wi-fi. We had a bad impression before we even got into the room. The counter top by the beds had not even been wiped off. The noise level from other rooms was high. There was no coffee pot in the room and the amenities were too expensive to try. If you have no regard for money this is a nice place to stay. The beds were VERY nice and the room was spacious. Other than the dirty counter-top the other days it was well cleaned. The casino was very noisy and smokey. I was never offered a free drink. Loved the valet parking.

Room Tip: Not sure about this. I sure would have liked having coffee closer than across the casino.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to elaborate on your stay. We would like to apologize that you were not advised of our resort fee prior to your arrival. Please know, resort fee information is disclosed on our website and also on reservation confirmations. We would never intend to misinform any of guests. Thanks for your feedback. Although your stay didn’t turn out as you anticipated, we hope to host you again in the future.

Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I came to the Mandalay Bay for work, so those who are here for pleasure may or may not find this helpful. I could go through all the hiccups (several hours to get a room, no towels in the room when I finally got in at 4pm, etc..), but my main complaint is I ask very politely for a quiet room. They said they could not get me my king bed, but 2 queens. I said that is fine as long as I can get a quiet room. It was talked about 3 times during the process. I get to the room and it backs up to the airport! Noisest place I have ever stayed! I called to asked to be moved. NO chance until tommorrow.I can not believe their employees could look me in the eye and nod 3 times about eye 3 times and say it was quiet. They say they will move me today. Getting ready to spend a 10 hour day on about 3 hours sleep thanks to noise the customer service at this hotel. I am writing this while I am supposed to be sleeping!

Stayed February 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the many difficulties you encountered during your recent stay with us. We also regret that our staff was unable to offset your concerns regarding noise due to the lack of room availability at the time of your stay. We thank you for reaching out to us and we hope we have the chance to discuss these matters with you further. We also hope to regain your faith in our resort through our hard-working efforts.

Palm Desert, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The spacious layout of the casino and restaurants is attractive. The House of Blues is a terrific place to eat. Aureole has outstanding food that you may never have eaten and may never eat again. Just a comfortable place to stay and a first-class experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

nice large size room with to separate sleeping areas plus living dining for work in room update tv stereo and décor .. nice non smoking.

jetted stone showers and tile baths all well decorated and clean

Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very clean and friendly atmosphere. Great service and happy employees. We will for sure be staying with Mandalay Bay again soon.My husband and I were able to find things with ease. Getting down the strip was easy and the waterfall area at the front was amazing. We came with high expectation and Mandalay Bay far exceeded all of our expectations.

Canyon Lake, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a chance to take three days off of work and escape to Vegas. What a wonderful experience to share. We felt like the only ones there. Such a wonderful staff and such an amazing time!! We highly recommend Mandalay Bay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!