“At the begining of the strip ,can be good” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #49 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
SanFrancisco
“At the begining of the strip ,can be good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Mandalay Bay Resort is a short taxi from the airport, at the start of the strip. You can stay in several different area's of this resort. THEhotel Mandalay is away from the casino floor so it has more of a luxury resort feel as does the Four Seasons, within the property also. Madalay hotel original is really good too, the casino is a quick ride on the elevator. You really don't need to leave this resort for anything . Many great choices of restaurants, bars, club's , stores(many)! The high end restaurants are very very good, or for reasonable cost and yummy food there are several choices also. Note: Room servce here is the Bomb, price and food best ever! Only a 2.50 service charge pp, and you add the tip. Nice to have that option, especially for breakfast in Vegas. Wish it was summer, would have loved to use All the beautiful pools. Go!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite when you check in, not much of a charge if they aren't real busy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We appreciate this wonderful 4-star review! We are pleased to hear that your overall stay was pleasant. You make a great point about our resort having great dining, shopping and entertainment options that our guests won’t ever have to go elsewhere! We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate host experience and we are thrilled to know we accomplished our goal! We thank you for your patronage and we will see you next time!

6,883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,497)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel, and it's been the best one we've stayed at so far ( sixth time to Vegas ). Would highly recommend it to others. We stayed in a sky-view suite, which was great. Very spacious, clean and a great view. We ate at the Bayside Buffet ( good variety ) and Raffles Cafe and the food was very good at both. We also tried room service, for breakfast, and that also turned out great. One show I would highly recomend, is the The Beatles LOVE show @ the Mirage. To put our opinion into one word about the show it would be FANTASTIC!!! Also if you're there on a Saturday night, go and see Steel Panther @ the House of Blues. If you like some good loud ( shakes the cheeks on your face ) rock/metal and don't mind a few four letter words, then you're in for a treat. Good bang-for-your-buck in vegas for only $20.00.

Room Tip: We had a room over looking the strip and airport and didn't seem to find it to noisey. We also f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for providing your valued feedback! It thrills us to know you had a wonderful time at our resort and thank you very much for the recommendation! Not sure if you’ve heard but a brand new Cirque Du Soleil show immortalizing the King of Pop, Michael Jackson will be coming to our resort in May 2013. Come back and join us again soon and experience this amazing upcoming attraction!

Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Vegas for my best friends wedding, which was at Mandalay Bay. The hotel room itself was nice - nothing GREAT but it was nice. We didn't have a great view but we didn't really stay in the bedroom all that often.

The wedding at Mandalay Bay was very nice. It was fast but it was really beautiful. I'm not sure how easy it was to work with the staff but I know that everyone was very accommodating.

The best part was the pool area - that really was great. Although it seems as though a lot of families stay here since they do have the lazy river and tide pool. I wouldn't call the area romantic at all.

The downfall was how far out it is from the other hotels. It took us forever to walk to dinner at the Venetian but I think that's why this hotel is a bit cheaper.

All in all I think it's a great deal for the price you pay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We love this hotel. However, we have been experiencing extremely poor service on the Casino Floor. The last several trips we have had to seek out service on the Casino Floor. After having to ask for service, the servers are clearly "bothered" by this. This needs to improve.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the lack of help you received from our servers in our casino during your visit. The level of service you received is by no means how we aspire to assist our guests. We will address your feedback with the appropriate staff. Thank you for providing the details of your recent stay at our resort. We hope for another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Altoona, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am a travel agent and just had a group of 22 people with 10 rooms and a suite stay at this resort. They were very disappointed with the service they received from the staff. They received no discounts for having a group and everything they requested came with a very high price and no consideration of their group. Their suite did not come with a microwave and they were told that it would be $35.00/day if they wanted one. Drinks were $6/soda, $5/water and $13/for 2 handfuls of cashews! The group leader said that he heard many comments from his people of staff inattentiveness, lack of staff, smokey hotel and casino, etc. He said that if his company takes another trip to Las Vegas, it probably will not be in an MGM brand hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We would like to address the concerns shared with us. We regret to hear the dissatisfaction you and your group experienced with the cost of our optional amenities. We offer many additional amenities to fulfill each of our guests’ individual needs and to exceed their expectations. We are very grateful to have had the opportunity to host your group, however, the charges for our additional amenities are not waived or discounted when booking group reservations. We would also like to apologize for the level of service your group received from our staff throughout their visit. Our staff intends to always be helpful, friendly, professional, and accommodating during every guest-staff interaction. We sincerely regret this quality of service had not been represented by all of our staff. Thank you for your feedback.

Aurora, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a great time and loved the location. When we wanted crowds we walked up the strip. The gaming rooms were not as crowded as some of the casinos further up the strip. The staff was great and very welcoming. We felt the room was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my first time in Vegas.. I wasn't impressed. It's on the end of the strip, which isn't horrible but I would've liked to be closer. I am allergic to feathers and told the front desk at checkin. They were supposed to remove them for me. I dropped my stuff in the room and went out. I got back to the room at 1am and was completely exhausted. I went to bed and found all the pillows were feather. I found a throw pillow and 2 non feathers in the closet to use. I crawled back into bed threw the blanket over me and found a down comforter... I was so very annoyed by that time. I slept with sheets and throw pillows.. Next, I found dirt and debris on the bathroom floor where the toilet is, and a bottle cap under the bathroom vanity. I understand that mistakes can be made but when I am paying $175 per night plus tax and $25 resort fee per day... I was not happy at all. My key was demagnetized by my phone.. Not their fault... Completely mine because I put them in a small pouch together at the pool. When I went to get a new one, the front desk ladies needed to finish their personal conversation before helping me. Good things... The pool area is amazing but gets VERY crowded. The room service I ordered was delicious and the man who delivered was very polite and helpful with suggestions about the city. The feather thing was my straw... I will NOT be going back here next time I go to Vegas.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!