“Not A Fan After Staying At The Wynn” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #48 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore
“Not A Fan After Staying At The Wynn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

just felt like we were being $10 to death. The pool was a rip off - you had to pay for the inner tube - and it was very $$$ like $26 or something stupid like that - same thing for the very weak drinks. Food was okay. Rooms were great - very large, clean and quiet until the main AC unit broke at 5AM and then it made enough noise to wake the dead. There are nicer hotels in vegas....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for your post. We regret that your experience at our beach did not meet your expectations and for the difficulties you faced in regards to the air conditioning unit in the room you stayed in. We are thankful, though, that you provided us with your honest feedback and will definitely share your comments with the departments involved. We sincerely hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com

7,141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,593)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was at Mandalay for 7 nights which is a pretty long stay in Vegas and had another great time. Enjoyed the Spa before my conference started and everyone I encountered working at Mandalay were great. You have to check out the Foundation Room and the House of Blues Bar was a great place to chill. I am already looking forward to my next trip. There are new restaurants and a Michael Jackson Cirque Show opening soon too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks for this great review and also for your recommendations! Our House of Blues attractions offer exclusive and entertaining experiences. We also encourage our guests to visit these venues while at Mandalay Bay. You are correct, we have added several new and exciting features, all opening this year! We thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

- The room was beautiful, with a nice deep bathtub to soak in after a long day. Big comfy bed too. My check-in took a little longer than I was expecting - 30 minute wait at 1030pm - but other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

- Take advantage of the free shuttle to Luxor & Excaliber Hotels.

- The buffet was expensive, almost twice the price of the breakfast buffet at Excaliber, but it was well worth it. If you want to start your day off right, spend the extra money and enjoy the amazing food and service.

- I didn't notice until I was leaving for the airport via shuttle, but there are a few smaller malls and convenience stores tucked in along the street behind Mandalay Bay. Might be worth checking out if you need something like razors and don't feel like spending twenty-five bucks for one.

- No time share people. No one flagging people down, asking how long they're staying, and trying to sell them things.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I visited Mandalay Bay for two days. I found the service at the front desk to be exceptional. The new front desk girl, T'nyshea (probably misspelled) did a fantastic job and set the tone for a great experience. The room was clean and had an excellent floorplan. The turnover/housekeeping service did an amazing job. The casino floor is clean and there is a wide variety of games and attractions. There are a multitude of shops and restaurants which is important due to Mandalay Bay's southern strip location. Self parking and valet parking are both easy. I only had two complaints. Both involve a poorly run poker room. During a late night of drinking, I decided to wander into the poker room for a 1/2 NL Hold'em game. We started the game with 7 players and quickly bumped up to nine. The players were awful which made doubling up twice in 30 minutes easy despite my blood alcohol content. The dealer was horrible. He burned and turned prior to my intended raise. He also turned over my bluff to show the table despite the fact that I mucked my winning hand with no showdown. I looked at him incredulously and he didn't even acknowledge his error. When I was sick of amateur hour, I went to look for the cage so I could cash out. Its just an unattended podium. I stood there like an idiot and wandered about toward the sports book to see if I could find a cage only to have a floor manager walk up to cash me out. I jokingly said, "not much of a cage." He replied with sarcasm as he gestured toward the sports book, "looks more like a cage than out there." I was still a little hammered, but responded, "How so?" He didn't have a response. Someone like this doesn't need to work in hospitality. I would hope that Mandalay Bay would identify this clown and 86 him. Nobody in hospitality should ever insult or use a tone with a guest. Its just inexcusable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I like this hotel as the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Food was good at the restaurant, but not inexpensive. Tried to go to the Foundation Room but they wanted to charge me a cover charge to go up. I paid $370 a night to stay there and there was no way i was paying a cover. Found that absolutely absurd! The scene at the one bar in the hotel was odd; there was a band that was just too into themselves. Music was just ok. Sums up the overall atmosphere here: Just ok.

• Stayed January 2013
Calgary/Alberta/Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Freshly back from CES, stayed at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Very Relaxing stay. Beds were amazing, rooms were very clean and spacious. View was amazing from the room of the strip. Washroom was modern and very nice. Extra large deep tub, glass shower, marble tile everywhere. just beautiful. Hotel staff were quiet friendly, though having a package delivered to the hotel cost me $10.00 (are you kidding me?? Oh I forgot it's Vegas, everyone has there hand out for money.) Free room wireless internet, slow but workable. Front desk staff very friendly.
Only bad thing I can say about the Resort is that it is at the far south end of the strip. Long Walk and the Tram (Mandalay Bay to the Excaliber, so you can walk across the street to NY NY to catch the Monorail) quits running at 22:00 to the Excaliber Hotel. So each cab ride was around $20.00 each or you were walking 2.5 miles (as the crow flies) to the centre of the strip at all hours.

Room Tip: Get the view of the strip if possible.