“Great room and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Aspen, Colorado
“Great room and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had to come to las Vegas for a funeral and decided to stay at Mandalay Bay. The check in was very fast and smooth. She warned us that all of the mini bar snacks and drinks are on a weight system. If you pick them up for more than 30 seconds they will put it on your room charge. I wish I wrote down the girls name down who checked us in because she was so nice.
She got us a room with two queens and a pool view. We found our room pretty fast and was thrilled when we entered.
Everything was clean and in order. The beds are very comfortable (I'm sitting on the bed as I write this).I like the pillows as well. I normally hate hotel pillows. We had dinner in the coffee shop and I had the fried chicken dinner. It was very good! This meal could be spilt between two people. It had a half of a chicken on the plate be sides the choice of potato and vegetables. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,829)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

And I will say, what a view! Just spent 5 nights at the Mandalay Bay Resort. We had the greatroom suite that overlooked the strip. Beautiful! The room was large and very comfortable. Excellent bed. The decor in our particular was nice but in need of a little updating. (Mostly the carpet) This was our 4th stay at the Mandalay Bay. Room service always has good food. The casino is about as comfortable as any ( we don't smoke) and the pools are wonderful. We especially like the lazy river! Our kids joined us for the last 2 nights and we had plenty of space. We will definately be going back next year!

Room Tip: If you book a great room style room ask for floor to ceiling windows
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community! We appreciate hearing about the wonderful time you and your family had at our resort! We are also glad you highly enjoyed your suite accommodations with the best view of all. We would like to advise you that we will be remodeling all of our rooms at our resort this upcoming year, beginning with THEhotel and Mandalay Bay to follow. We thank you for your endless patronage and we look forward to hosting you and your family next year!

Kind regards,
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guestx@mandalaybay.com
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a Great Room "suite," which wasn't really a suite. It did have a seating area, but it was beside the bed so I wouldn't really consider it a separate area. The layout was a bit odd, too. We had a great view of the Strip, but the bed was pushed up against the window, which made it tricky to get right up to the window to look out and enjoy the view. And the clothes closet was in the bathroom.

That said, it was a nice enough room. The bathroom was enormous, and the shower was really nice. The bed was a bit odd - I'm not sure if it was just in our room, but our bed had a rather large gap between the mattress and the headboard, so our pillows kept sliding back.

Our main attraction at Mandalay Bay was the pool. The wave pool was great, but the other pools felt quite chilly (and it was 86 degrees out the day we were there!) The lazy river was not heated, and we actually found it too chilly to go in (it was a bit of a shock after lounging around in MGM's heated lazy river earlier in the day). We were also surprised to learn that you can't rent inflatable rafts at the pool - they make you buy them! I think they were around $25, and then you have to deal with disposing of them or taking them home with you at the end of the day instead of just returning them.

Overall, the Mandalay Bay pool was nice, but we actually found the MGM Grand pool complex to be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Mandalay Bay is a beautiful hotel. Both times have been for work but I got the chance to have a little fun too. After walking through many of the other hotels on the strip the registration area surpasses most. It is nice that it is separate from the casino. You do not have to walk through the casino to check in or to get to your hotel room. Rooms are beautiful and well kept. The only amenity that I disliked was the shampoo and conditioner. They smell terrible and do not do a good job of conditioning in the Vegas dry heat. The pools are amazing. The wave pool area have plenty of lounge chairs to spread out on and the bar and waitresses are always there to to get you a drink. The top optional pool and bar area is even better. Free for the women and $50 for the guys. The down fall is that there is no place to sit unless you reserve a spot...but if you are with a bunch of girls the waitresses usually can hook you up. The VIP cabanas are pretty awesome too but you have dish out $900 a day or get invited to join some people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent a weekend in October, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas with my husband and my son. The atmosphere was chique and elegant. The casino gaming floor was immense with many table games. There were an inordinate amount of restaurants, but I highly recommend Steak Strip. The food was unbelievable in flavors and the steaks were out of this world. The amenities in the room were awesome with a view of the strip from our room on the 26th floor. Shopping was a plus as a mall connects it to the Luxor. Also a tram is available to get to the Aria. I will definitely stay ther again!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite facing the strip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This place has a lot of everything, great stores, WONDERFUL restauraunts, the machines are a bit tighter than other places, a pool area to melt away at - lazy river (tubes must be bought for $22-adult size), a wave pool that throws out an ocean like wave once every 2 minutes - no tubes allowed in the wave pool, and 2 other regular pools where mostly adults lay out at. Side note -the beach towels are available and free at the pool area. There is a european (topless) sun lounge area 1 floor above the beach area for adults only. Drinks are $12-$22 at the beach, free as always at the casino. We toured the Shark Reef located here(took about an hour) - loved it!
I purchased a deluxe room at Mandalay Bay, at check in there was an upgrade available free for 250 more square feet - had a seating suit and second entry way restroom at the ajoining hotel (THE Hotel). The beds are pillow top and helped me fall right alseep with in moments, great closet space, very spacious bathroom with a TV, floor to ceiling windows... VERY nice :-)
Also the oatmeal bath soap felt great and not very drying, the shampoo did its job but the conditioner rocked - I have very dry hair and this was very nourishing - my hair was silky smooth afterwards - so no need to bring these in your bags.
The down side:
FEES! There is a $28/day 'resort charge' the fact that they have a high speed cable in the room available for your use IF you need it gets charged here, the waters they give at check in 'resort water' gets charged here, etc. etc. I hate added fees all over the place.
Also this is far down the strip but we took a cab one evening to Belagio and spent a night around that area - the cab is under $15 each way - not too bad. Was worth to do once, and other nights we found plenty to enjoy around or in Mandalay Bay.

Room Tip: Ask for any available upgrades at check in as they are usually provided for no added cost, just tip...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Apologies for the delay in this review..I had been planning a surprise for my husband's 50th on our arrival in LV and had organised and booked in advance a Limousine through the MB Concierge desk. The plan was to surprise my husband and kids by being met at the airport in this wonderful Limousine and being whisked away to our beautiful room at the MB for a few nights of luxury and fun. As time went by and no driver was seen I had to let on to my husband that the surprise I had planned was ruined, I felt so bad as I wanted it to be so special for them, I was looking forward to their reactions of joy and surprise.... we then had to wait an eternity for a shuttle bus to the hotel and it was a terrible start to the big Vegas splurge we had planned. When we arrived at the MB we couldn't believe how long the check-in lines were...it was clear we would have to wait at least 2 hours to check in..by this stage we weren't happy! I went to the concierge desk to relay my disappointment of the Limo not arriving and spoke to the manager there. To his credit he was very apologetic and checked the booking only to find the staff member had keyed in the wrong date for the Limo. He asked if there was anything he could do so I was given express check in and a credit voucher to enjoy complimentary dinner and breakfast at the buffet. He was very professional and very apologetic and the Credit certainly helped our budget but it would never replace that exciting memory lost of seeing the joy on my families faces of arriving in the dazzling city of LV and being whisked away like movie stars.....The room we had was very comfortable with a good view of the strip..I was initially concerned when we booked about the location of the hotel being at the end of the strip but I wanted the children to enjoy the pool. If we went back to LV we would not stay at this hotel again as the distance was just too far from all the other hotels. I also made a 10 min phone call within the US and was charged over $60 US dollars for the privilege! The house of Blues was a great place albeit drinks were very expensive outside of happy hour...Facilities were good at this hotel but we found it to be too overcrowded and inpersonal and too far from the centre of the strip. I would advise first timers to Vegas to look at hotels more centrally located. Thanks go to the very professional concierge manager though for trying to do his best to rectify our disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a strip view...although be prepared to wait a bit for lifts.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!