“Main Street Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street Station Hotel & Casino

You added Main Street Station Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Sale-Last Chance
Ranked #51 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Main Street Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel was great. It was downtown, easy to get to, and low cost. If this is your first time to Las Vegas, you may want the strip to see all the glitter there. But we go at least once a year and this suit our purpose. The rooms were clean, the casino was fun. I had not played Blackjack in a long time because I was intimidated by the high limits and crowds surrounding them. Although the limit was $5 Blackjack, I played for several hours with a few people from my party and we had a very good time. No big crowds. Friendly and helpful service at every turn. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go during the middle of the week. Cheaper. The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Located downtown (Fremont is considered downtown) about a 2 minute walk to Fremont street. Fantastic location!! Great decor in the lobby and casino!! Two restaurants on site (buffet and the Triple 7 Brewery - sit down) that had great food and service!! Check in was so easy and even though we arrived very early, we were able to get into our room. Room was very clean, large and so comfortable! There is a shared pool with the sister hotel across the road but it's easy enough to get to because of a covered walkway joining the hotels (on your way, stop and get the best ever ice cream located in the sister hotel!!).
As for the price, how can you beat $32 USD per night on average??
We walked to the end of Fremont to get the city bus (which cost $8 USD for a 24 hour pass) for the short 7-10 minute ride to the strip! SO CONVENIENT!!
We will be going back for sure!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June of this year and were very pleased with our stay. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room, clean and comfortable. :Loved the decor of the lobby. Others have talked of noise from outside, we did not notice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I called the hotel to make a reservation and got transferred to central reservations. I explained to the reservationist that I would be travelling all night and would like to pay for an extra night to ensure I have a room when I arrive so that I can get some rest immediately. She explained that there was no way to do that and that my reservation would be automatically cancelled at 2am but they would gladly hold my luggage until my room was ready. I asked to speak with the reservations supervisor and asked her... "let me get this straight, you would prefer to lose my business all together than allow me to pay for an extra night stay?". Her response... "that's our policy." I immediately called The Golden Nugget with the same request and they responded... "we can absolutely do that for you Sir"!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Humble
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I love staying here when I come to Las Vegas. If you sign up for the players club you will never pay for a room if you spend any money at all. As a matter of fact I have been coming to this hotel for at least the past 15yrs and haven't ever paid for the room. I now even have my meals comped. They have the best buffet for the money in all of Vegas. I will be staying again on Labor day. Can't wait.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

If you are looking for a place where you can feel at home, Main Street is that kind of place. In a town of bigger, bigggest. and gigantic it's nice to find a place where you won't have trouble finding the right set of elevators, your car in the truly close garage, and your way from the buffet back to your seat. The casino combines games old and new, and is always full of shouts from the craps tables. If you need to change your luck, you can walk across the overhead walkway to the Cal for more games, including great quarter ( real put in the coin full play quarter) video poker, and dollar coin video poker machines. I have comp nights at lots of other Vegas hotels, but I don't plan a trip, without planning a stay at Main Street. As others have said, the friendly staff is a joy and when you come back year after year and see the same people working, it makes you feel truly positive about a place. With all the growth in the downtown area, there's plenty to see and do just a short walk away. This is not a Vegas pool party place, but it is a truly lovely place to enjoy friends, family and good gambling fun. If you can pry your eyes away from the machines, the antiques, tin ceilings, great chandeliers, and a buffet that looks like you are at a wrought iron wonderland will truly impress. Learn and play video poker to your hearts content with great payouts and lots of options.

Room Tip: Rooms on the train side can be a little noisy....so gamble till your tired and it won't be an is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I can't say enough about Main St casino and hotel! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the casino is pretty lucky. Triple 7 has the best food. The buffet could update their food...it's starting to get boring.

Visit with Gloria and Ipo at the rewards center. They are the best!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family