“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street Station Hotel & Casino

You added Main Street Station Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Don't Get Stripped!
Ranked #54 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Humble
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I love staying here when I come to Las Vegas. If you sign up for the players club you will never pay for a room if you spend any money at all. As a matter of fact I have been coming to this hotel for at least the past 15yrs and haven't ever paid for the room. I now even have my meals comped. They have the best buffet for the money in all of Vegas. I will be staying again on Labor day. Can't wait.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

If you are looking for a place where you can feel at home, Main Street is that kind of place. In a town of bigger, bigggest. and gigantic it's nice to find a place where you won't have trouble finding the right set of elevators, your car in the truly close garage, and your way from the buffet back to your seat. The casino combines games old and new, and is always full of shouts from the craps tables. If you need to change your luck, you can walk across the overhead walkway to the Cal for more games, including great quarter ( real put in the coin full play quarter) video poker, and dollar coin video poker machines. I have comp nights at lots of other Vegas hotels, but I don't plan a trip, without planning a stay at Main Street. As others have said, the friendly staff is a joy and when you come back year after year and see the same people working, it makes you feel truly positive about a place. With all the growth in the downtown area, there's plenty to see and do just a short walk away. This is not a Vegas pool party place, but it is a truly lovely place to enjoy friends, family and good gambling fun. If you can pry your eyes away from the machines, the antiques, tin ceilings, great chandeliers, and a buffet that looks like you are at a wrought iron wonderland will truly impress. Learn and play video poker to your hearts content with great payouts and lots of options.

Room Tip: Rooms on the train side can be a little noisy....so gamble till your tired and it won't be an is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I can't say enough about Main St casino and hotel! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the casino is pretty lucky. Triple 7 has the best food. The buffet could update their food...it's starting to get boring.

Visit with Gloria and Ipo at the rewards center. They are the best!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Again a pleasurable experience. Clean rooms and a very clean bathroom. Main Street has a great breakfast buffet and very reasonably priced. My sister and I stayed 4 nights. Quieter hotel which was great. Beds were very comfy. Housekeeping was the best. Again once we discovered this gem there is no where else I would stay in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kaneohe, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This the only place we stay and play due to the generous comps they give me every month. We stay here at least 5 times a year and we win almost every visit. We love the buffet and all the choices that are available. The employees are most of the time friendly and accommodating. Hotel is aging but it works for us because we just fall into bed after hours of gambling. Will be back in September once again.

Room Tip: Closest to the elevator is where we like to be.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I go to Vegas once a year, I spend two nights downtown and two nights on the strip. I like to stay somewhere different on the strip every year, but Main Street is the only place I'll stay downtown anymore. There are several reasons for that, but the main reasons are A) it's where I like to play the most, and B) they send me room comps every month, I've never paid a dime to stay there. On top of that, the rooms are spacious and clean and you don't have to walk a quarter of a mile from the casino to get to them. The beds are comfortable, every room I've stayed in has had a mini fridge. The only downside to this hotel, to me, is that if you want internet access it'll cost you $10 a day. I have read complaints from others about the noise from the highway and the nearby train tracks, but in the 4 times I've stayed here, I've heard a train go by once and I've never really noticed any noise from the highway...guess I'm a sound sleeper.

You can stay just about anywhere on the strip (save for the occassional Casino Royale or Riviera) and be pretty well assured that they have a nice hotel. It's not such a safe bet downtown. Here's my personal ranking of the downtown casino hotels that I've stayed in:

Main Street Station: For all the reasons listed above
Fitzgeralds: I like the casino, the hotel is decent enough but nothing to write home about. But I haven't stayed there since it's become The D, so maybe it's improved.
Golden Nugget: Very nice hotel, nicer than Main Street Station even. But there's just something about the personality...or lack thereof...at The Nugget that I don't like. Not my kind of place, but I wouldn't steer anybody away.
The Fremont: I'm surprised this is a Boyd property, because it's below their usual standard. I've stayed there twice because it was comped, but the rooms are small and the beds are uncomfortable...pass on it.
Binions: I used to like to play there, but it's the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Not just in Vegas, but anywhere. I'm not sure if the hotel is even open anymore.

Places I wouldn't mind staying in downtown Vegas:

The California: It's a sister property to Main Street Station, seems like a nice place and I like the gaming atmosphere
Four Queens: Friends have stayed there and told me it was nice, but it's not one of my favorite places to play.

Places I've never stayed downtown because my impression is that they're a dump:

Golden Gate: The casino smells musty. But they do have great pancakes.
Las Vegas Club: Same musty smell as the Golden Gate, without the great pancakes.
The Plaza: Ditto

Others:

Downtown Grand: This is the newly remodeled Lady Luck. I visited the casino last May. It feels more like a nightclub with a bunch of video slots in it than it does a casino. The place was deserted when I went, and I understand why.
El Cortez: Yikes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Le Claire, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was our second stay at Mainstreet Station. Rooms are large and well furnished. Housekeeping could be a little better. We had some dirt on bathroom wall, but it was cleaned as soon as we complained. There were shutters on windows and it looked like they never dusted between window and shutter. But overall a nice room.
One very strange drawback, there is no valet parking at the hotel entrance. So you either valet at the casino entrance and drag your bags through the casino to the hotel, or you unload at the hotel door and then use the garage or drive back over to the other side of the complex to valet. Weird.
The casino is very cool, some old time machines that still use quarters, as well as new games. Connected by pedestrian overpass to sister property The California, which is also a nice casino, and puts you a few steps from Fremont Street. Downtown Vegas has been spiffed up and the casinos are very enjoyable. Many new attractions and businesses have set up shop downtown.
Mainstreet and The California cater to gamblers from Hawaii, so there is a large contingent staying there. This makes for a unique experience, the properties have a Hawaii feel.
Hotel is near the expressway, could be noisy depending on room location. Did not bother us, we like a little background noise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Main Street Station Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!