“Very Important: please read” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Year's Party Package
Ranked #149 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago,il
“Very Important: please read”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

This is the low down on this hotel.

IT is nice and we were impressed when we first checked in.
The room was nice. But it was way to noisy right outside my door. Kids crying, bumping noises, however we payed way less to stay here than in the hampton inn, which was also nice. My peeves about this hotel was a charge of $20 to use the health facility, a charge to have a refrigerator in your room. Bottle water was $2 if you chose to take one. Walmart a case was $5.45, be smart. Save as much as you can. Cops are everywhere in plain clothes. So i would stay here again but only for the deal I got through travelocity.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

Very friendly staff, rooms kept clean, frequent change of linen. Probably needs a bit of an upgrade but overall very good. Would definitely return.

• Liked — Startrek Experience and buffet restaurant
  • Disliked — No fridege in room
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vallejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2006

Stayed there from 8-21-06 to 8-23-06.

Based in the reviews by other people, I did not know what to expect. When I got there check-in was very easy with no one in line. I was surprised that they let be check in at about 1:30 PM. I asked for a room in the North Tower (reading the reviews it appeared to be the one with the least complaints) but was informed that they did not have any King sized non-smoking in that tower with a strip view. I was then given a room in the East Tower.

To my surpise the room was huge, I mean like 500+ sq ft. There was nothing wrong with the room, but the view was not of the southern side of the strip, but of the northern side of the strip.
The room was clean and looked to have been remodeled in the last year or so. No strains on the carpet or chairs. The tile was a little slick when wet so watch out.

The service might have been the only downfall.
1) The curbside check in for the luggage was bizzare as they indicated that I would need to pick my bags back at the lobby. Most hotels have the option to have your bags brought up to your room. Confirmed this at check in as well. When I went to get my bags the bell person asked if I wanted it delivered to my room. I was a bit confused.

2) When I checked in they person forgot to print me my $25.00 gambling voucher. This caused a minor wait as I had to get back in line to get the voucher. This took less than 5 minutes.

3) Asked for a "Do not Distrub Sign" for the room and an extra pillow. The person on the phone told me it would be about 30 minutes and it took about 45 minutes. This is a push as we were no longer going out for the evening.

As far as location goes, the monorail runs about every 6-7 minutes and your can get an 24 hours pass for $15 each. Please be aware that the pass last for 24 hours so hold off on buying one till you have to. For the 3 days that I was there, I only had to buy one. (Well someone did give me a pass with about 12 hours remaining).

For me at least, I have found a place to stay at my annual vegas trip.

• Liked — The room size
  • Disliked — The hotel staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Buy the one day monorail pass as late as possible as it is good for 24 hours.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

Just returned from the Star Trek convention celebrating 40 years of Trek! My stay at the LV Hilton couldn’t have been better.
Here in brief are my experiences, under GOOD WORK and NEEDS WORK.

GOOD WORK
The food at Benihana’s, Quark’s, and Paradise Café was very good. The lines at Margarita Grill were too long (40 minute wait, usually). The sandwiches available outside the convention area were fresh and very tasty.
When my disabled brother needed a break from walking back and forth from his room to the convention, a motorized scooter was available for only $30/day. It made a world of difference for him.
We were able to utilize the Handicapped line at the Paradise Café so wait-time was minimal. Thank you, LV Hilton. Sorry to everyone who we pre-empted.
My room was large, with two beds, a gorgeous view of the Strip, nice big tub and bathroom, with lots of space for everything.
Early check-in (noon) was hassle-free, thanks to the young lady (Tiffany?), who was helpful and polite. I had changed my flight arrival time, but hadn’t thought to call and request early check-in. But Tiffany handled it graciously.
She called the bell desk because I needed help with my bags. I waited and waited. Nobody showed up, so I had to haul them to my room myself. Nice exercise. Really.
Housekeeping always did a good job tidying up daily.
The AC was perfect, with the settings easily changed.
Access to the Monorail was easy and much appreciated. My brother was able to take the scooter on it. We were able to dash over to the MGM Grand to catch Tom Jones Sunday night.

NEEDS WORK
I missed Fox News and will write Hilton requesting that they carry it.
I missed having an exercise center. When I walked around the hotel one afternoon, it was way too hot so I gave up exercising while I was there. But I was on vacation, after all.
The only difficulty with the staff was when I requested the check one night at dinner at the Paradise Café. At breakfast, it took forever to get our check, so at dinner, I decided to ask for it when the waiter brought our meal.
For some odd reason, the waiter (a short, chubby fellow with –thar in his name) kept forgetting to bring it. I politely asked him several times, but he kept brushing me off. It took four requests to get our check! How odd. I only gave him a 10% tip. Had he brought it in a timely manner, he would have had a 20% tip with an honorable mention here. Poor –thar.
Oh, yeah, having dragged myself downstairs around 4:30 am for breakfast so I could catch at early flight, nobody was around to take my order for nearly 10 minutes. It was all addressed quickly when I politely mentioned it. The hostess was profuse in her apologies and very, very kind.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. I heartily recommend the LV Hilton.

rancho mirage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

This property should be a 1 star equal to the worst Super 8 type motel you could think of. I usually stay in moderate to expensive hotels and when travelling with my 2 teenagers will sometimes stay in 2-3 star. I missed my flight from Ft. Laud. to California and was sent to Vegas for an overnight. Figured oh well, could be stuck in a worse place. Had no hesitation when hotels.com told me that there was a Hilton available and booked it. I paid $65.00 and thought it might be dumpy but I had stayed at Treasure Island for $39 and it was more than fine so I booked it. Well, upon walking into the room there were horrible stains and tears in the carpet and furniture, everywhere we looked it got more disgusting. Problems with room service, air-conditioning, requested feather pillows and they poked your face when you layed down on them, it was just AWFUL! Don't stay here for any price. Also, in the lobby the casino is filled with 1 and 5 cent slots so guess what kind of element is in there... I am so shocked that Hilton would have its name on this hotel and I don't think I'll ever stay in another one.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

I chose the LV Hilton because I have had great experience with Hilton hotels in the past. Plus, I wanted to be off strip and I was seeing Music and Passion during my stay.

The hotel is large, but showing signs of age. The check-in was extremly slow. The room was spacious and extremely quiet. We never saw or heard any other guests on our floor during the weekend stay. The room was not completely stocked with standard items, but housekeeping quickly delivered what we needed after a phone call. The shower head fell off the wall when adjusted and the tub plug would not stay open. The monorail is very convenient with a terminal at the hotel, but it would be nice to have discounted tickets for guests.

An employee opened our door after we went to sleep and scared us half to death. He could not enter because of the deadbolt. He was looking for a portable refrigerator that we did not have in our in our room. He had the wrong room number, but I am not sure why this could not wait until the morning. When checking out, we were asked if our stay was pleasant, and we said no. The desk employee said "uh-oh" and looked at the next guest checking out.

I would not stay here again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — employee entering our room in the middle of the night
  • Tips/Secrets — Read all of the reviews on TripAdvisor
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

This is the absolute worse Hilton I have ever stayed at. I read the reviews and hoped that others were exaggerating but they were not! Don't bother to reserve a particular type of room (i.e. king/smoking) because when you get there, you'll get whatever they have, if they have anything. One night was all we could take. Our non-smoking king room we reserved ended up being a smoking queen (with two doubles - too small to be queens). The front desk personnel were not friendly and not accommodating at all. It's too far from anything. Yes, the monorail does come there, if you want to spend $5.50 every time you want to go somewhere. The area of town is not very conducive to walking either. If this is your first trip to Las Vegas, do yourself a favor and don't stay here. The cheap rates are just not worth the aggravation. You get what you pay for! I'm a big Hilton fan, but I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay at this place!
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!