“Adequate For Our Needs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Year's Party Package
Ranked #148 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Dimas, CA
“Adequate For Our Needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is NO longer the Las Vegas Hilton, and it has lost some of it's luster,but it worked for what we needed. Years ago my wife and I enjoyed staying at the Hilton, but it's NOT the top quality hotel it was back in the day. My sons and I needed a hotel for one night while in Vegas, and this worked for us. The list price for a standard room can't be beat if you just need a basic room. Beware though, the list price is never what you pay in Vegas anymore. The tax is high, and then they add a resort fee. The list price was $40 a night, but with taxes and resort fees we ended up walking out of there paying about $65 for the night. All in all, it's still a good deal.

I gave the LVH 3 stars, because you can't give half stars. Honestly I find the LVH to be a 2.5 star location. The hotel is 3 stars. After check in which was smooth, and the attendant was professional, we found that there were a few minor issues with the room. We called the front desk and again they were professional, but she said she was having trouble inputting our concerns into the computer. We returned to our room 4 hours later to find the issues had not been dealt with. The front desk's response was there was no record of our issues in the computer. He tried to input the minor issues, but was unable to access the computer. Eventually he gave up on the computer and made a few phone calls. Our issues were dealt with eventually. All of the employees are nice, and they do try to help. The problem is the hotel is outdated, and needs a serious face-lift.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We strive to provide a great guest experience and are always disappointed when a guest leaves dissatisfied. In particular, I want to apologize that we were unable to correct the issues in your room more quickly. Our responsibility is to immediately respond when presented with guest issues. We will take your feedback and make the necessary improvements so that future guests will not be similarly impacted. in terms of updating the hotel, we just finished a remodeling project in which a number of rooms were updated and renovated. We will continue to work on each and every room so that they will meet our guest expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I go to Vegas once a year for training seminars. The last three years I've stayed to the Hard Rock. The price for the banquet room and meals has increased in the last couple of years to the point that I needed to find another hotel. My travel agent booked me at the LVH this year.

All of the staff at the LVH were friendly and adept at their jobs. The banquet room was nice and the banquet food was good.

My hotel room was acceptable. It was good-sized. I read reviews stating the rooms were run down but my hotel room was fine. Not as nice as the hard rock but not run down.

I didn't eat at the hotel restaurants so I have no information about them. The casino was good for an off the strip casino.

The LVH is several long blocks from The Strip, so it was within walking distance but it was about a 10 minute walk and you end up on the strip just north of Wynn's Encore.

One of the best features of the LVH is the monorail stops at the hotel so you have easy access to the strip for a $5 bill each way.

This doesn't apply to most people who will be staying at the LVH but the business center charged me $600 to receive my equipment at their dock and another $600 when I shipped it out again. This charge did not include moving the equipment from the dock to my banquet room or back again. The bell people did that.

Other than the business center charges I would recommend the LVH.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am so glad to know that for the most part you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We love our location off the strip while having the monorail which provides easy access to the strip. We continue to make any necessary changes that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction. We hope to see you on a future visit to the LVH.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed from December 16-24
When we got there we couldn't get a room upgrade cause there wasn't one available, the attendant told us to come by the next day and see if we can move up into a more upgraded room....funny thing was is that the hotel wasn't even busy!!
So our first room was a standard room, nothing elegant about it, carpet needed to be removed , the view was nice, it didn't over look the strip just the other side where the stratosphere was. It was clean. Next day we spoke to another attendant and she gave us two room options, we didn't want to wait for the other room to get cleaned up on the 16th floor so we took the one on the 21st floor, room was spacious, again nothing elegant about it, we also found out later that there was NO hot water, called down to front desk they told us to run the water for 15 minutes, we should have hot water.... Well we ran it for half an hour still cold! Called down says someone will be up to look at it, in the meantime we waited and ended up falling asleep , the guy came at 11:30pm , I didn't even bother to answer , it was so late, so they called our room and asked if we still needed the service I said yes we need someone but its late now and we waited for ever to get someone here. The guy shows up the next morning , told him of the hot water issue, toilet constantly running, and drain won't drain in the tub, says no problem will get it fixed.
As we return that night back to our room , still no hot water, we go back down to front desk , she was apologetic and gave us a third room to move into, says its a premium room on the 27th floor, again it was pretty standard. By this time we've moved 3 rooms and was very annoyed, staff was friendly enough to move us into different rooms but didn't offer free resort fee for our troubles, we paid $18 a day for resort fees.
All in all besides the room changes we did enjoy ourselves, the monorail was easy to catch right at our hotel, we loved eating at Vince Neil's restaurant right in the hotel called Tatuado, had excellent service and food was awesome !!
I liked that the hotel wasn't super busy, it is a bit dated but worth the money to stay , if you're looking for somewhere elegant this is not the place for you. For the price it was worth it, clean , friendly staff, I would stay there again even though we had to change our room 3 times. For the right price we will be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. Please accept my apology that you ended up switching rooms multiple times. I also apologize that we didn't respond quicker once it was brought to our attention that you did not have hot water. We must respond much quicker in these situations to ensure our guests are satisfied. Please know that we will learn from this situation and make the necessary improvements that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed in a junior suite, nicely updated. we had one problem with the TV maintanence was on it within the hour and fixed it without a hitch, Staff was very curteous and helpful. the front desk staff was exceptionally responsive to our needs. Having multiple choice for dining was excellent even though we were on the same campus, it made it feel like you went out special.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Guest service is extremely important to our team so I want to thank you for mentioning the service you received, especially at the front desk. We constantly seek to improve in all ways so that we can further enhance the guest experience. We hope to see you on a future visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

rooms are quite large and spacious. Had a 32 inch flat screen with many free channels and room is in 18th floor with good city view. Mono rail station is right with in the hotel and easy connectivity to all casinos on the strip. Only concern is free wireless internet is provided for only one device.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and love to know when you have enjoyed your stay. That being said, we will continue to work on improving in each and every area of the hotel so that we can further enhance the guest experience. We hope to see you on a future visit.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This stay was a lot better then the last visit. Rooms and casino was clean. However, dirty dishes in the hallways for days. You would think that with so many employees passing these dishes, someone would just pick it up. Attention to details is needed. But overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed this second visit much better than the previous visit. We constantly seek ways in which we can improve so that we can enhance the guest experience. We will work with our Room Service team to ensure these items are picked up in a timely manner. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we will continue to improve on a daily basis until we achieve that goal. We hope to see you on a future visit.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for an affordable hotel close to the strip and that's what it is. I didn't like the casino, the restaurant, the bars or the club but it was good to sleep. My remote control wasn't working and I called twice they eventually solved the issue the night before I was leaving. If your looking for a cheap place to sleep near the strip and nothing more than this is the place to be.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. Please accept my apology that the stay did not completely meet your expectations. We strive to create a great guest experience while providing a great value. We continuously look for ways in which we can improve. We will use your feedback to make improvements in all areas.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!