“Business trip to Vegas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #146 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. Thomas
“Business trip to Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I were here for the second time because of a conference at the Convention Center. The hotel is adjacent to the Center and a nice walk (mostly indoors), thereby avoiding shuttle buses from other hotels. We had great rates and were given a really nice suite on the 28th floor. It was spacious and clean. We had club floor privileges for continental breakfast in the morning, wine and snacks before dinner, and meetings with business associates, many of whom stayed at the LVH. We enjoyed meals at Benihana's Japanese teppanyaki restaurant and the Sushi restaurant. We will come back next year again for our conference. It was a terrific value and the perfect place for our business needs.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We love to know when our guests have enjoyed their stay. Thank you for sharing. We like having the convention center next door, offering ease of access for our guests. We will continue to improve on a daily basis so that we can further enhance the guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
L.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

While visitors reasonably expect to get really tired in Vegas, they ought not to do so in accommodations which share that trait. The LVH isn't a bad place, it's just not all that good -- sleepy decor, slightly fatigued room (with, in our case, a really lousy bed). Overall, a sort of rip Van Winkle experience -- the place went to sleep a decade or so ago and recently awakened, 10 years out of step with the rest of its city. Self-parking is easy and convenient to the building and LVH is close to and vaguely connected with the LV Convention Center, so staying here may make sense. It just won't be very exciting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and are always disappointed when a guest leaves unhappy. We are currently looking into ways in which we can improve the overall look of the hotel. Our goal is to improve on a daily basis so that we can enhance the guest experience. please know that we are committed to making the necessary improvements so that we can increase guest satisfaction.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked this hotel through a groupon, but I think anyways when you have a room there you get a free bottle of wine. Then we enjoyed the spa as well and it's only $25 a day per person if you don't have it included in your room. The pool was great, there was a lot of space to enjoy this third floor roof pool. The room was decent sized and clean. Be careful not to use internet! They charge you $15 a day! Everything in the fridge will be charged extra as well, that's the tricky part of being in Las Vegas.. The LVH is situated a bit further than the strip but there's the monorail train that stops IN the LVH and leads you straight to the strip, in less than 20min. No breakfast, but there are places in the hotel for that.

Room Tip: choose the first levels like 5-7 or 15-17, not to spend 'hours' in the elevators
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and love to know when our guests have left satisfied with their stay. We constantly seek to improve in all areas so that we can further enhance the guest experience. We hope to see you on a future visit!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Yes, the ONLY thing going for this place is that it is right next to the convention center and you can literally just walk from your room to the convention center. Other than that! This place should put it's owner to shame. Why may you ask? Well......
I checked in and the room looked nice enough, even had my own love seat couch and a lounge chair. It was handsomely decorated. But at closer look and after 5 minutes I could see that the door to my bathroom had not been wiped down for AWHILE since there were drips of brown saturated stains all up and down the door. I found a water bottle right under my bed. My closet door was off track and when I pulled out the luggage holder, it wobbled as if I may break it if I placed anything on it. I moved a table and ottoman foot rest to open up the room a little more and found cookie crumbs under the table and a shiny penny under the ottoman foot rest. The desk chair was broken, the refrigerator smelled and had little lite stains and the bathroom was dusty in the cabinets as well it could've used a good wipe down. The television remote chose to work when it wanted to work, luckily I wasn't in the room enough to care. But the most disappointing was when I turned down my bed to sleep, I found a gigantic rip in my bed sheet and then another smaller one just down the middle of the sheet. The next morning I walked from the hotel to the convention center. Close to the outside entrance of their ballroom I stood still as I watched a gigantic cockroach walking in front of me. Still shocked and in disbelief I told the nearest worker who was a security guy and it didn’t seem to bother him none. When I returned the later the next day the cookie crumbs were still there but the penny was gone. LOL! So this shows me that they didn't even vacuum my room but they will take a penny, as if I hadn't left a great tip already just for them to make the bed and grab used towels.

All this sounds to me like either they have a bad housekeeping staff. Or that business is so bad that they have to use torn sheets.

On a good note, my last day I went to their deli "Fortuna" and they had a delicious almond croissant which was very large and tasty and only $3.95.

I wouldn't feel so bad if my rate was like $59.99 USD but that's definitely NOT what I paid!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. Please accept my apology that your stay did not meet expectations. We strive to create a great guest experience and are disappointed to know that you left dissatisfied. We constantly seek ways in which we can improve, using your comments as a tool to help guide these improvements. Our goal is to achieve 100% guest satisfaction and we will continue to improve until we achieve that goal.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean, service was above average, rooms were comfortable and roomy for one. Recommend newly renovated rooms in the North Tower. Walls are "thin" compared to other LV properties. I only dines with room service and not in any onsite restaurants. Room service was prompt, professional and the food was ok - not bad in a pinch, but not worth staying in for.

• Stayed June 2013
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and love when we exceed expectations. Our goal is to achieve 100% guest satisfaction so we constantly seek for ways in which we can improve. We read and respond to all of our reviews so that we can improve the areas of concern mentioned in these reviews.
Leek, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at the LVH earlier this month. Having read the reviews of course we were a bit pessimistic, however WOW were we impressed. Clean, spacious rooms with everything you would expect. Staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Value for money ..fantastic...we paid less than a tenner per room for a Friday and Saturday night. The only negative thing (not that its really negative) I can say is that you have to pay for all your extras...tea, coffee, water, internet. But what do you expect for that sort of money! Would thoroughly recommend...oh before I forget...there is no resort fee...Thank you LVH.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and love to know when our guests enjoyed their stay. I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations at the LVH. We constantly seek to improve, learning from each and every one of our reviews. We will continue to use guest comments to make improvements that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked my room through Priceline - supposed to be the bid rate. They socked me with a $20 per day "resort fee" that I did not want or use. This is the first time this has happened to me with Priceline. They had a cattle car waiting line to check in - took 1/2 hour. Went to my non-smoking room and it reeked of smoke and had to change rooms. The ice machine on my floor didn't work. Nice TV but low definition analog reception. Hotel showing age and rooms need better maintenance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to create a great guest experience and hate to see a guest leave disappointed. We have worked with our partners to ensure all potential guests are advised of the Resort Fee. We will continue to work to ensure all guests are advised at booking about the Resort Fee. We constantly seek ways in which we can improve, using your comments as a tool to help guide these improvements. Please know that we are committed to making the necessary changes that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!