“Horrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #146 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Horrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am extremely disappointed with the level of customer service that Red Lion and LVH provides its guests. I booked a reservation online and was directed back to the homepage without receiving a confirmation number. I checked my email and no receipt or confirmation was provided. This concerned me and I called the main number for Red Lion and alerted the representative of the issue and asked if my reservation had been accepted. The funds were already on file with my credit card company however there was no record of this reservation with Red Lion. The representative informed me that she could see my name and address in the system but could not see the reservation so I needed to call the hotel directly. I asked her if I could just rebook and she said she didn’t want me to have two reservations in the system. I said if this was the case then I could just cancel one but wanted to make sure I had something on file. She said no and gave me a number to call LVH which was ironically enough disconnected. I found the direct number to the hotel online and called. The person I spoke with had no place being in customer service. She told me that she had no access to Red Lions reservations because they come through and she has to manually enter them which completely contradicted what Red Lion told me. This person at LVH then informed me to call back next week because she wasn’t going to have time to input these reservations into the system. I asked if this was their typical protocol to have customers following up on their own reservations and she said that Red Lion had just taken over and she wasn’t aware exactly what needed to be done to confirm if my reservation was in the system. She then instructed me to call Red Lion back because she couldn’t figure it out. I then called Red Lion back. The next person I spoke with could not find my reservation and also asked me to call back tomorrow to see if it was in the system. I then asked if someone could look into this and call me as I had already dedicated 45 minutes to the issue. I received a call from someone named Rebecca at Red Lion. She did her best to handle this situation and it seemed like we are on track. She said she could honor the promotional rate I was offered by Travel Zoo and transferred me to a reservation specialist. When I went through the entire process, the specialist was only able to book me at a rate which was over $100 higher as the promotional rate was not valid today. So if indeed my reservation would have been submitted yesterday, I would pay $100 less. I asked her to honor the rate I was charged yesterday and even after speaking to her supervisor was unable to offer the rate. I asked if booking with them was always this much of an issue and if all customers had this issue because never in my life have I experienced an issue like this booking a room. She then could not help me further and I was transferred back to Rebecca. After being on the phone another 30 minutes, we got nowhere and the rate was never honored. Tell me how any of this makes sense? I was charged the amount but my reservation was lost. Then they tell me to call back the next day. Someone calls me back the next day and tells me there was a glitch which is why my reservation was not accepted but cannot honor the rate they originally charged me. I have never been compelled to write a response and a response of this magnitude but they cannot treat their customers this way. I would love to tell you how my stay was but unfortunately I was never even able to make a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your experience. Please allow me to apologize for the lack of service. We will work with our partner, Red Lion, to determine what caused this issue and ensure it doesn't happen in the future. We constantly seek ways to improve our service in all areas. We will ensure we tighten our reservation process for future guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my third stay at the LVH and twice it was for Baker 2 Vegas weekend. The staff at the front counter is always friendly, helpful and make sure to put a smile on your face. I really like that the finish line is literally downstairs and that all of the teams make it their headquarters. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay and for recognizing the service provided by the front desk team. They work hard to ensure our guests receive the best possible service and I love to see them recognized for that hard work. We constantly seek ways to improve so that we can further enhance the guest experience. We look forward to future visits.
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I like, thousands of others, stayed at the LVH because it was the host hotel for a running event. We arrived at 330 pm, after four hours on the road, believing we gave ample time for our room to be ready, but we were mistaken. The clerk told us they did not have our room ready and it would be 1-2 hours. We weren't happy but checked our bags and decided to walk around the hotel while we waited. We returned after an hour hoping our room was ready, it was not. We asked if there was an Italian restaurant in the hotel and were told by the desk clerk there was a very good one. We followed her directions and failed to find the described restaurant. We were told by a hostess at another restaurant that the Italian restaurant had been closed for a very long time (1 year).

We found another place to eat while we waited and returned to the desk after a two hour wait. We were told our room was ready, got our keys and finally headed to the room. Once we arrived at the room I opened the door to discover it was obviously occupied e.g. clothes, shoes, etc. strewn about the room. Fortunately for me and the person in the room they weren't there. I quickly closed the door and we returned to the front desk to speak with the manager. After a couple of minutes, David, came out of the back office to help us. He was very apologetic about the room and said there must have been a mix up in housekeeping. He quickly found us another room which he said was an upgraded room on the 29th floor with a balcony. We thanked him and left the desk again for our second room.

We arrived at the unoccupied room to discover we had gone back in time to 1993. The room had obviously not been remodeled or updated in at least 20 years. The furniture was worn with wood showing thru the varnish, the bed sagged several inches, the wing chair was old and dirty, the TV was a small tube type, the balcony had not been cleaned in a very long time, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Needless to say we were not happy with the new room, which I dubbed the Bates Motel room. We called back down to the desk and spoke to David again to tell him of our displeasure. He apologized again and sent a bellhop to our room to move us to another room which he promised would be better.

We were happy to find the new room was what we expected the first time we tried to check in, it had been updated in the last 5-6 years. It was clean, had updated furniture, flat screen and the bed was much more comfortable. We found out from the staff that the hotel was no longer a Hilton because they lost their license and were in bankruptcy and owned by the bank. It is apparent the hotel is in need of a new owner who will spend the money to upgrade it and train the staff properly.

We were never offered to have any part of our stay comped by David, but were comped for one of our nights when we complained at check out. I hope this review will help you decide where to spend your hard earned money when you stay in Las Vegas. Oh, I forgot to mention the 3 dollar daily charge to use the in room safe, the 4 dollar cup of coffee in the room, unbelievable and the over priced Paradise Cafe where we spent 40 dollars on breakfast for two.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at the LVH, ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay did not meet expectations. Please know that we read all of our reviews to identify areas of opportunity. We will make sure that these issues upon which you commented are corrected. Our goal is to increase guest satisfaction in all areas. We will not stop improving until we reach 100% guest satisfaction.
Humble
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

good value for room. need a reasonable price place for breakfast &lunch seams geared to dinner places. very frendly staff could use more penny &nickle slots would stay again guess i am outdated as i dont find it outdated

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We love to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay. Please know that we constantly strive to improve so that we can further enhance the guest experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We loved the location because we could escape the noise and people of the strip, but hop on the monorail and be nearly anywhere we wanted, which was wonderful! The staff was less than friendly and in our first room nearly everything was broken, upon complaining, we were "upgraded" which apparently means that we can open the drapes. The room itself wasn't bad, comfy bed and some stains on the carpet but the bathroom was out of 1940, pretty gross. The maid left a water cup on the shower ledge after "cleaning" one afternoon. The pool is alright, until 4pm when they start playing obnoxious pop culture music as loud as a concert. Basically, you pay for what you get for. The room is cheap, not awful but not luxury. If you're on a budget, the $39 and no resort fees make it worthwhile!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We definitely love our location, off the strip with the monorail available for a quick trip to the strip. We read all of our guest comments so that we can identify ways to improve the public perception of our property. We will make the necessary changes to increase guest satisfaction and enhance the guest experience.
Westchester_NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my second visit to the property and the first since losing the Hilton association. It shows. I was staying with a buddy who was attending NAB and likes the proximity to the convention center. here's what we still liked about the property:
- Nice pool deck with reasonably priced cabanas
- Opt for any room above the "Classic" as those are tired looking and less maintained
- Beds and pillows were surprisingly very comfortable
- Proximity to convention center
- Casino was nice and you could get some $5 blackjack (with 3 to 2 payback) and craps during the day

The not so nice:
- Some public areas looking a bit tired and are being neglected by maintenance
- Can I get in the hot tub? Apparently not as is was closed off by crime scene type tape
- Concierge was less than helpful when I asked for golf course recommendations
- Spa services are hideously overpriced ($20 to use the gym?)
- The area previously occupied by the Star Trek Experience still remains the starship theme years after the attraction left
- Quick valet service? Look elsewhere
- Afternoon pool party ... Well, it just isn't

The LVH is like a 50 something divorcee. They can still attract some attention but are having a hard time figuring out who they are anymore. The property remains a reasonable choice for those working the convention center or just looking for something not overpriced. Romantics or te hip should look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid the low priced classic rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We constantly strive to improve in all areas, using guest comments as a tool. We are committed to making the necessary changes to increase guest satisfaction. We will not stop improving until we achieve 100% guest satisfaction.
lakehills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

O.f the strip long walks expensive maybe for a quit get away like a honeymoon. The room itself was very nice and relaxing would go again if it where comp but might have second thoughts. The monorail was handy where you could go to other casinos

Room Tip: out off the way place maybe for a honeymoon
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We strive to provide the best possible service to our guests so that they will want to return. We constantly strive to improve in all areas so that we can enhance the guest experience. Please know that we will not stop improving until we reach 100% guest satisfaction.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!