“Still a good value for the convention center” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #147 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Charleston, South Carolina
“Still a good value for the convention center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've stayed here many years, and I hope they completely overhaul it soon.

Rooms were OK, staff was great, got great special price.

Needs much better casino, restaurants and shows to attract anyone other than the convention crowd

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. I am so glad to hear that you have been here multiple times and continue to return. Please know that we are always looking for ways to improve and will definitely take your comments as a focal point for improvement. Thank you again for commenting regarding your stay at the LVH.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,097)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here with a group for an AAU basketball tournament with a bunch of third graders. The kids absolutely loved the pool area, and we stayed in March when it was still a bit cold! We ate at the buffet every night and loved it! We are looking forward to returning to the LVH for the same tournament this year, now with fourth graders! Because of our stay we were offered promotional discounts for this upcoming stay. The location is great, very close to the freeways which was convenient for us because the games were played in different areas of Vegas. Employees were very friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were spacious and clean. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay last year and we look forward to your return visit. Pool should be all set for when you come back so the kids can enjoy it again. Thank you again for your comments.
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

1. It's close to the convention center.

2. Some day soon they'll implode the building on TV and you'll be able to say "Hey, I stayed there once".

Towels so scratchy I wouldn't use them on my dog. It's dated and getting a little shabby.

Here's a tip: Upon check-in ask for an upgrade and be prepared to negotiate. They'll help you but there's a sliding scale.

Also, bring your shower shoes; the carpet is a tad "worn".

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We strive to provide the best possible guest experience and will use your comments as a focal point for imropvement in all areas. We are committed to making any necessary changes to provide the best possible guest experience.
Virginia Beach, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the LVH for three nights while attending the World of Concrete Convention in Feb. The location was perfect allowing us to stop back at the hotel for breaks from the show. Having the monorail stop was also conventient.
As for the hotel experience... I was first given a room on the 11th floor of the Central tower, upon arriving to the room I found that was not cleaned. The front desk was extremely apologetic and quickly assigned me a new room on the 14th floor. This room was clean but definitely shows it's age. Heavily stained carpets and older furnishings. The tiles in the bathroom were also in desperate need of a re-grouting, but it was clean.
The bed was comfortable and sheets were acceptable.
Dont expect to get off cheap on the "extras" internet, both wired or wireless, is offered at $13.99/day. There is no coffee maker or mini-frig in the room. And the warm bottles of water that are provided in the room will set you back $4.00 each!
There were plenty of restaurant choices. In the hotel, most very pricey. Breakfast for one person at the Paradise was $19.80 before tip. That $19.80 bought one hard Belgian Waffle, a cup of coffee, and an Orange Juice!
My biggest complaint about this hotel is that there isn't any solid reason one should chose it over any of the other hotels. Unless you need to have something this close to the convention center. For such a dated hotel I feel they should add some value.
Even though there weren't truly any bad experiences, the hotel was surely not good enough to have me book again next year. I will spend the same amount of money and stay at one of the nicer more modern hotels that are plentiful in Vegas.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that is far from the elevators, they are very noisy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We appreciate your candor on pointing out the positive and the negative with your stay. We are committed to making the necessary changes to improve the hotel and will use your comments as a starting point. Please know that we want to make the guest experience as positive as possible and will work every day to make it happen. Thank you again for your comments regarding your stay.
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If I could give this a negative review I would. I booked 2 rooms and asked for king beds and we got double. The first room was discustingly filthy so we were moved to another room. The next day we were moved to the rooms promised. When checking out the man was a complete jerk and raised his voice to me because I had a split transaction. I would not ever return to this hotel! Think twice about staying here. I called the manager and alls he could say is oh I'm sorry. Gee what a Birthday!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. I am very disappointed that you did not receive the level of guest service that you should have received at our property. We are refocusing our energy on raising the guest service inall areas of the hotel. We will use your comments as a focal point for our areas of opportunity. Please know that we are committed to making the necessary changes to increase the guest experience. Tank you again for your comments.

Travis Pixler
Customer Service Manager
Santa Maria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a room with a king size bed and with an upgrade when I get to the hotel, they tried to give a room with double beds. Their explanation is that when you make reservations online its just a request. I eventually do get my king size bed but I do not get my upgrades but still get charged the original amount. Their solution to my problem is that they will refund all my money and cancel my room. Leaving me SOL??

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay and I apologize that the stay wasn't better. We certainly attempt to honor all guest requests and I apologize we were not able to accomodate yours. We are refocusing on guest service in order to improve the guest experience. We will use your comments as a basis moving forward to increase our levels across the board. Thank you again for your comments.
SLC, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went to LV for a seminar which was held at the LV Hilton. In its day, it was a great place, but it's starting to show its age. The room was clean and I liked the artwork in the hallways, but the hotel just looked a little rough around the edges. The food options were okay. I rented a car and did the self-parking, which worked fine, not too long of a walk. I did not take the monorail to the strip, so read other reviews about how that works. It wasn't a bad place, but I wouldn't go there unless it was the location of an event I needed to attend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We value your feedback as it will help us improve the guest experience. Please know that we will always strive to improve and make the hotel better. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!