“Cockroaches and Dirty Shower” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Rock Show Tickets
Ranked #147 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
St. Catharines, Canada
“Cockroaches and Dirty Shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived in the early afternoon of Friday Jan 25, and our room was thankfully ready! (so great, because we traveled over 9 hours already, and just wanted to shower-up and rest before hitting the town!) You have to walk through about 25 slot machines set-up, and past the smoking gamblers before getting on the elevators. Upon entry, and initial look-over of the room... it appeared clean and had a great window looking out at the Las Vegas skyline. (room 742) Sadly, we were let down by the "shower". The shower was low-pressure, tile falling off, and would have been ideal for anyone under 5'4". (I am 5'6 and my hubby is 6') and we both had to duck to shower. The shower it's self was dirty and stained from years and years of travelers using it, and I wished I had flip flops to wear inside. I stood in a facecloth to avoid feeling dirtier than when I entered. To top the shower/toilet room off... we unfortunately saw 2 LARGE (over an inch and a half) cockroaches scurrying on the floor when we used the bathroom in the night. Into the toilet they went! We are glad we only used the room to catch a few hours of sleep between visits with family to their hotel at the Trump Towers and attending a wedding. Will not stay here again. Pay the extra few dollars, and stay at a 4+ star, with no casino (no smoke, loud noises and slots to navigate through when wanting to come and go from the hotel). Loved phone check-out, white clean linens, and Starbucks brand coffee served at cafe downstairs.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking to "tour" the room upon arrival, and then if it is not up to your...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I can't begin to say how disappointed I am in your stay. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments to make sure the issues get resolved. We are committed to improving the guest experience and will use your comments as a focal point for change. Thank you again for your comments and please accept my apology that your stay did not meet expectations.

3,858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (888)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to the International Builder Show at the convention center in Las Vegas. The LVH was right next door. This made it very convenient for us. Our room was very large and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Tony at the VIP check in and Aliva when we checked out. We will stay at this hotel again during our next visit to Las Vegas. Another plus is the monorail stops at hotel. Very easy to use.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. I especially appreciate that you pinted out specific individuals that provided great service. We will make sure their managers are aware of your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you in the future.
Chino, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here on a whim because the price was only $55 for a Friday night on a holiday weekend. I booked on their website and requested a room with the view of the strip, on a very high floor, close to the elevators. Usually when I place this request, I don't normally get all three, but this time I did. We also checked in late and walked right up to our room.

My sister had to use the bathroom and when she walked in she noticed a large puddle of water on the floor between the tub and the toilet. Instead of risking it for the one night, I called housekeeping and they transferred me to the front desk. The front desk immediately changed our room to the same floor with all my same requests.

So as far as service goes they get 5 stars from me. We actually asked for a better room to see if they would upgrade us, but they said we already had a superior room. No biggie. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. The temperature of the room was a little too warm so we lowered it, but it never really got that cold. I like a cold room. The bathroom was adequate and we saw no problems with this second room. The shower pressure was light, but I always get that in every Las Vegas hotel room.

This is a perfect place for a quick stay as long as you're willing to drive to the strip or take the monorail. Parking wasn't bad either.

Didn't try any of the eateries, but my bro-in-law got some 2 coffees and a muffin, a bagel and it was a little over $20. A little too high for me. There's a fridge in the room so might be a good idea to just take some snacks and put it in the fridge.

One last comment concerning the casino. It's not a huge casino, but decent for a little bit of play.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, they'll probably provide it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. We try to accomodate all requests so glad we were able to meet yours. We do pride ourselves on our service at the LVH so I'm glad you got to experience that, although it was because of a room issue. Please know that we will use your comments to enhance the guest experience. Thank you again for your comments.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There's really only one reason to book this hotel and that's if you're attending a convention on site or at the LVCC. This hotel was on a downward slide when it lost it's Hilton name and has continued to decrease in quality.
The rooms are average. If you can get a suite on a lower floor it is worth it. The linens and room are newer and much more spacious. The bathrooms are also very clean in the suites.
This hotel is far from the action on the strip. The monorail, at $5 a ride I think, is pretty useless.
The casino is small and smoke filled.
The LVCC is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel depending on where you need to go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the LVH. We value your comments as they help identify and correct areas of opportunity. We do like the location of being near the Convention Center. Please know that we will continue making strides in creating a better guest experience throughout the hotel. Thank you again for your comments.
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I chose this hotel since it seemed to be a great deal and also had a discount with my AAA card. It all went well from the check in until the time I came back to my room to sleep after a night in the town. Came in to find bed bugs crawling on the bed sheets! Although I did get a room change, it is still very discouraging being that it was once a Hilton property. But on top of bed bugs, temperature control did not work, our shower drain was clogged, the motorized curtain did not work, so our window was open the entire time. We went out to eat late night, there was a group of guys fighting in the hallway, marijuana smell on my floor and the elevator, and the parking garage was very unsafe (guys drinking, going fast in their cars). Although management did apologized, it is still a bad taste for the first visit. Consider staying elsewhere even if you have to pay a little more per night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We strive to provide the best possible gues experience and were not able to succeed during your visit. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and will work to make sure this scenario doesn't happen in the future. Once again, I apologize for your stay. Thank you again for your comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the worse hotel in Las Vagas...Staff ok need training...rooms very dark and old...and don't ask for a cup of tea in your room this will cost you 6.00 dollars A tea bag Don't go to this hotel you have been warned

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. I apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We strive daily to provide great service to the guest and are disappointed when that service doesn't materialize. Please know that we are committed to improving in all areas. As such, we have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments to fix the issues upon which you commented. Thank you again for commenting regarding your stay.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I chose the LVH because the price was great. It's not on the strip, but it is on the monorail line which will get you there quickly. I checked in late on a Thursday night with no issues. The only interaction I had with the staff was at the front desk, but they were friendly enough, and the check-in process was quick.
The room was nice, not too fancy, but not horrible as other reviewers have noted. The beds were clean and comfortable, although the bed skirts looked old and worn. There was a flat screen TV on top of a spacious 6 drawer dresser. There's also a decent sized closet to hang your things in, where you'll also find a safe, iron and ironing board. There was no mini-fridge in the room, so that was a bit of a drawback. The room was also furnished with a comfy chair and writing table.
There's a small, separate vanity area so one person can finish getting ready while the other showers. The bathroom, unlike the bedroom, was pretty dated and not well lit. It wasn't dirty, more dingy, and could use more lighting. The first time I showered it took a long time for the water to heat up. In fact I was done showering before I felt comfortable. However, my friend showered after me and had no issues. We didn't have any more problems with hot water after that so I'm thinking the room hadn't been used in a while. In addition, the shower head was old, and could no longer be adjusted. So it pointed downward, making it somewhat difficult to get things done.
Overall, I had no major complaints about the LVH. It's certainly not a luxury resort, so if that's what you're looking for then look elsewhere. If you want a decent stay, and you don't absolutely need to be right on the strip then you'll be okay at the LVH.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We definitely want people to enjoy themselves while here. We will continue to strive to improve in all areas so I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments to resolve the issues. Once again, thank you for your comments regarding your stay.

Been to LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!