“Classic Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #147 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ogden, Utah
“Classic Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Whenever I read that some performer that has been dead longer than I have been alive made this Hotel his home, it scares me. I imagine musty rooms and a sad clientele of Graceland rejects. This hotel and casino however were above my expectations. The room was clean and updated, with a wonderful view. The casino allowed me to win a little Moolah at their quarter slots, so really I don't know that they could have provided a better experience for our money.

Room Tip: A view of the pool is nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for commenting regarding your stay at LVH. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and walked away with some money. We try to give the guest the best possible experience. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,088)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I got an amazing rate at the LVH, the weekend after New Year's. Check-in & Check-out, was quick and easy. Our room was spacious and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at LVH. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We want to make sure every guest stay is as enjoyable as yours. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The only pro: it's next to he convention center
Cons: unkempt, awful restaurants, dated facility, rude staff (front desk manager Cecilia makes a used car salesman look like a trusted advisor). Watch your bills! Little items like $3 charge for room safe, all sorts of extras in unexplained upgrades ... Had to fight with Cecilia to remove certain charges ...

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at LVH. I apologize that you did not receive the service you were expecting from the front desk. I have forwarded your comments to hotel management so that they can look into and correct any issues. We constantly strive to improve in all areas and your comments have helped identify some areas of needed improvements. Thank you again for your comments and I apologizee you didn't get the stay you were expecting.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I want to first thank Ria who had checked me in and tried her hardest to find me the best price for an upgrade, she made check-in a breeze and was super nice!...

As for the room, it was definitely nicer and bigger than expected. After reading previous reviews I expected a motel-like setting...instead it just felt more like an older hotel but still very nice. I had a premium room which had a fridge, so that was convenient. The bed and pillows were super comfy, big windows with a great view was nice (and I was on floor 11), having the monorail literally steps from the elevator was another great perk...overall decent room for a great price!

Room Tip: get at least premium room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at LVH, in particular your nice comments regarding Ria. I am glad she created such a positive impression and have forwarded the comments to her manager so that she can get recognized. Thank you also for the comments regarding the room. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay. Thank you again for your comments.
DFW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

As you may noticed, its not LAS VEGAS HILTON any more, I have been there 2 years ago in 2010 and it was way better than what it is right now. the WI-FI is the same price of room for connecting each single device! they also will find a way to overcharge you, in my case they charged me for one other night after I left!
Be careful with new LVH.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at LVH. I am extremely concerned that you say you were charged for a night after you had left. We only want you to pay for the actual charges so I want to make sure this is resolved. Thank you again for cimmenting about your stay.
bakersfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Got a great deal on a suite, so I wasn't too surprised when the room looked like it needed a little updating. The extra space was great for a family of 5, but cold showers were not. I wasn't prepared for how dirty the the casino and common areas were. Buffet was an even bigger disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at The LVH. I apologize that the stay wasn't as good as you expected. We appreciate your feedback as it identifies areas in need of improvement. We will take your comments and work on creating the best experience for all of our guests. Once again, thank you for commenting reagrding your recent stay.
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a perfectly nightmarish experience at the Riviera when I was at 2011 CES, I was really happy that my company put me up in a room here at the Hilton (now Las Vegas Hotel) when I was back for CES 2012. There's nothing spectacular about the rooms or casino, but it is really convenient when you're working long hours at the Convention Center.

The room was well-equipped and clean and the beds were comfy enough. I had absolutely no problems with sketchy neighbors or bedbugs like I had in the Riviera. Our rooms looked out across the country club so we had a lovely view of the surrounding area. One of the best things was how quiet the place was even though it was packed; every room was sold out for CES but we never heard anyone else while in our rooms. Wifi cost extra each day, but the connection was strong and fast enough to get work done. The location is the biggest benefit - it is adjacent to the Convention Center so there's no mad dash or long taxi line in the morning. :-)

Restaurants on-site include Benihana (was a fun experience with a group of coworkers) and Paradise Cafe (we enjoyed getting salads here at lunch time, but the breakfasts were much better than lunch). We had a great dinner with the whole gang at Casa Nicola where there were huge portions and the mix of appetizers was fantastic. The manager at Casa Nicola was really fantastic about accommodating us; we didn't make a reservation and had 20 people in our group and were still managed to be seated within 20 minutes or so at dinner time. The food came quickly and was very well-prepared. This with the service we got (especially considering the time, size of the group, and lack of reservations) really made the dining experience. It really was a fantastic time and I recommend stopping by and trying out the seafood if you're in the area.

I was working very long hours and never got the opportunity to go to the casino except to walk through it on the way to the Convention Center, so I cannot comment on that. Taxis were not as plentiful as they were at other hotels on the Strip, so make sure that you account for that when planning your nights out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for commenting regarding your stay at The LVH. We do love our location right by the Convention Center. It definitely makes it easier on everybody attending the conventions. We are also very proud of our restaurants. Thank you for commenting on how good the restaurant were. I do have to say that Casa Nicola is no longer open. We will be opening another restaurant shortly so stay tuned. If you return, you should try the 888 Noodle Bar as it is very good as well. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you at the LVH in the future.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!