“Good place to stay if you're working at the Convention Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #149 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington, D.C.
“Good place to stay if you're working at the Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a perfectly nightmarish experience at the Riviera when I was at 2011 CES, I was really happy that my company put me up in a room here at the Hilton (now Las Vegas Hotel) when I was back for CES 2012. There's nothing spectacular about the rooms or casino, but it is really convenient when you're working long hours at the Convention Center.

The room was well-equipped and clean and the beds were comfy enough. I had absolutely no problems with sketchy neighbors or bedbugs like I had in the Riviera. Our rooms looked out across the country club so we had a lovely view of the surrounding area. One of the best things was how quiet the place was even though it was packed; every room was sold out for CES but we never heard anyone else while in our rooms. Wifi cost extra each day, but the connection was strong and fast enough to get work done. The location is the biggest benefit - it is adjacent to the Convention Center so there's no mad dash or long taxi line in the morning. :-)

Restaurants on-site include Benihana (was a fun experience with a group of coworkers) and Paradise Cafe (we enjoyed getting salads here at lunch time, but the breakfasts were much better than lunch). We had a great dinner with the whole gang at Casa Nicola where there were huge portions and the mix of appetizers was fantastic. The manager at Casa Nicola was really fantastic about accommodating us; we didn't make a reservation and had 20 people in our group and were still managed to be seated within 20 minutes or so at dinner time. The food came quickly and was very well-prepared. This with the service we got (especially considering the time, size of the group, and lack of reservations) really made the dining experience. It really was a fantastic time and I recommend stopping by and trying out the seafood if you're in the area.

I was working very long hours and never got the opportunity to go to the casino except to walk through it on the way to the Convention Center, so I cannot comment on that. Taxis were not as plentiful as they were at other hotels on the Strip, so make sure that you account for that when planning your nights out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for commenting regarding your stay at The LVH. We do love our location right by the Convention Center. It definitely makes it easier on everybody attending the conventions. We are also very proud of our restaurants. Thank you for commenting on how good the restaurant were. I do have to say that Casa Nicola is no longer open. We will be opening another restaurant shortly so stay tuned. If you return, you should try the 888 Noodle Bar as it is very good as well. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you at the LVH in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I was late booking for New Year's Eve and ended up at the LVH. It's location is so so, a little way away from the strip, however, with the monorail servicing the hotel (literally right in the hotel!) it was a great value. The hotel is a bit aged, but all amenities are present.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. We do love the fact that the monorail comes to our front door. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Traveled with my parents, children,and husband. First, they did not have our two rooms available with 2 queen beds in each. Sure they upgraded us for free with one room w/ a king and one with 2 queen beds. I only asked for a rollaway bed for each room to make up gor the missing queen. I called for the beds 3 times until we finally received only one and the 2nd bed never arrived! I then turned on the shower and the knob was already broken! We called room service to get the knob repaired as the water ran for over an hour before they finally arrived to our room to shut it off and said it was fixed but it was not as it occured again and stayed on for another half hour before they arrived to fix it again. We also called because our air conditioner was not cooling and they said they would fix it but they it never got fixed and for the 2 nights we stayed there it was stuffy in the room. There were no activities for the children to enjoy. It was a terrible stay in that hotel and i would never stay there again! Checking out i decided to put in a complaint to the front desk and she never even apologized for the inconviniences or said anything about it and pretty much blew me off! They just dont seem to care about their customers! I visit Las Vegas at least 6-10 times a year and have stayed in at least 12 different hotels and by far this has been the worst and the employees have been unbelievably rude and lazy!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. Primarily, I want to apologize that your stay resulted in so many issues and that we didn't respond to these issues as quickly as we should have. I have forwarded these comments to the specific departments and will follow up to make sure all are aware of the importance of responding correctly to guest issues. Please know that we will use your comments to fix these issues and are didcated to making The LVH an amazing place to stay.

Travis Pixler
Customer Service Manager
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Im sure back in the 70's, this was the place to be. Elvis' statue stands prominently outside to remind us this hotel used to be the hotel to be at. Those days are long gone. The sign outside is a good indication of how run down the hotel is. Very low ceilings and dark carpeting in the lobby.
The bedrooms are a good size and our room had a view of Las Vegas suburbs. The carpets had questionable stains. The bathroom vanity was a cheap Formica and the tile was a pink/grey ceramic tile. If you are taller than 5'3, good luck washing your hair because the shower head is set very low on the wall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The LVH. We constantly strive to improve in all areas and your comments will definitely help us identify areas of need. We are dedicated to making sure each guest stay is memorable. Please know that we will work each and every day to take us back to "the glory days". Thank you again for your comments regarding your stay.
San Clemente, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Once a year I go to Las Vegas on business, and for many years I have stayed at the LV Hilton on these business trips. I have continued to stay at LVH. They have great package deals which you can find on their website. Unfortunately, the last two times I checked in, they denied that the package included the advertised features. The first time I fortunately had their printed email confirmation with me. When I checked in two days ago (package was $29.95 for one night with free internet) they denied that any packages offered free internet. I then spoke with the check-in supervisor and the manager, and they all denied that such a package existed. Fortunately, I had my laptop which I booted up at the check-in desk to show them their confirming email. I then insisted that they upgrade me to a club level room for putting me through this trouble, and they reluctantly made that upgrade.
The club level room was as nice as when the hotel was a Hilton. I strongly recommend that you look through their package rates available online and then print the confirming email to show them when you check-in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The LVH. I have looked into this issue and it has been resolved so you shouldn't have any more issues in the future. It is a great idea though to always have your confirmation email in casae an issue arrives. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we could correct the situation.
Venice, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Right next to the Convention Center which makes it a great choice if you're in town for a convention. Otherwise, rooms are quite inexpensive -for the rooms that haven't been upgraded. Pay a bit more and get the upgraded rooms. Everything else -- restaurants, amenities -- are parf or the course in a typical Vegas hotel.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. We definitely have a great location next to the Convention Center. Our upgraded rooms are definitely worth paying the extra money. Once again, thank you for commenting on your stay. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit.
Mission, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. I booked our room here based on a past experience from over 7 years ago, boy have things changed! Our reservation was completely screwed up.. to the point that I had to split it up into 2 separate reservations, which caused even more problems! I was charged double for internet, the upgrades in the "upgraded" rooms still cost extra $$.. SO DO NOT UPGRADE!!! I had to visit the front desk at least 10 times during my visit to straighten out problems and even then, none of the front desk attendants could help me without me explaining everything all over again... apparently the notes they keep in their system are not very detailed. I left this hotel thinking that I had completely wasted my money on a sup-par (at best) hotel when I could have spent the same amount and stayed at a nicer hotel, right in the middle of the strip! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The LVH. I apologize that you encountered so many problems during your stay. We want your vacation to be perfect so I'm extremely disappointed it was far from perfect. We constantly strive to perform better each and every day. Thank you for your comments as they help us identify areas of opportunity to improve.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!