After a perfectly nightmarish experience at the Riviera when I was at 2011 CES, I was really happy that my company put me up in a room here at the Hilton (now Las Vegas Hotel) when I was back for CES 2012. There's nothing spectacular about the rooms or casino, but it is really convenient when you're working long hours at the Convention Center.
The room was well-equipped and clean and the beds were comfy enough. I had absolutely no problems with sketchy neighbors or bedbugs like I had in the Riviera. Our rooms looked out across the country club so we had a lovely view of the surrounding area. One of the best things was how quiet the place was even though it was packed; every room was sold out for CES but we never heard anyone else while in our rooms. Wifi cost extra each day, but the connection was strong and fast enough to get work done. The location is the biggest benefit - it is adjacent to the Convention Center so there's no mad dash or long taxi line in the morning. :-)
Restaurants on-site include Benihana (was a fun experience with a group of coworkers) and Paradise Cafe (we enjoyed getting salads here at lunch time, but the breakfasts were much better than lunch). We had a great dinner with the whole gang at Casa Nicola where there were huge portions and the mix of appetizers was fantastic. The manager at Casa Nicola was really fantastic about accommodating us; we didn't make a reservation and had 20 people in our group and were still managed to be seated within 20 minutes or so at dinner time. The food came quickly and was very well-prepared. This with the service we got (especially considering the time, size of the group, and lack of reservations) really made the dining experience. It really was a fantastic time and I recommend stopping by and trying out the seafood if you're in the area.
I was working very long hours and never got the opportunity to go to the casino except to walk through it on the way to the Convention Center, so I cannot comment on that. Taxis were not as plentiful as they were at other hotels on the Strip, so make sure that you account for that when planning your nights out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience unparalleled value, comfort, and variety at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, a premier off-Strip hotel in Las Vegas, NV, steps from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Offering a unique blend of sophistication and attraction with incredible restaurants, endless entertainment, and the world's largest Race & Sports Book in town, the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino is ready to excite, entice, and engage all of your senses. Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino boasts some of the most affordable rooms and suites, all while providing direct access to Las Vegas Blvd. By way of the monorail from their convenient off-Strip location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lvh - Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Lvh - Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Las Vegas