“Nothing but problems!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Year's Party Package
Ranked #150 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mission, Kansas
“Nothing but problems!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. I booked our room here based on a past experience from over 7 years ago, boy have things changed! Our reservation was completely screwed up.. to the point that I had to split it up into 2 separate reservations, which caused even more problems! I was charged double for internet, the upgrades in the "upgraded" rooms still cost extra $$.. SO DO NOT UPGRADE!!! I had to visit the front desk at least 10 times during my visit to straighten out problems and even then, none of the front desk attendants could help me without me explaining everything all over again... apparently the notes they keep in their system are not very detailed. I left this hotel thinking that I had completely wasted my money on a sup-par (at best) hotel when I could have spent the same amount and stayed at a nicer hotel, right in the middle of the strip! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The LVH. I apologize that you encountered so many problems during your stay. We want your vacation to be perfect so I'm extremely disappointed it was far from perfect. We constantly strive to perform better each and every day. Thank you for your comments as they help us identify areas of opportunity to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I booked an upgraded room with prepaiment at the LVH.
Due to overbooking there was only a kind of storage room
w/o bath and only with rollaway beds available.
We were assured to get the prepaid money refunded to the credit card
because of this mistake.
Weeks later there is no reaction to e-mails etc. and of course the money is lost.
Due to this behaviour I think this is not a mistake but a fraud.

Room Tip: Be careful with prepayment or better: Look for an other hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. I apologize that you did not receive the refund that you deserve in this situation. We definitely want to make it right if you did not receive the upgrade for which you paid. Please contact me in order to review your reservation.
North Hollywood, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Although there are some problems with housekeeping, room maintenance, etc., I think that in the face of so much uncertainty, the employees, including the suits, are doing a great job, and make up for the shortcomings. My only major complaint is that the table game invitational tournaments were all cancelled in 2012, and no one seems to know their future.

I've come to virtually all the blackjack tournaments, and the end of the year winner's tournament for years. That is my hook! I stay at the LVH for 3 nights and I know dozens of players from out of town who did the same. In fact, as recently as 2010 or 11, LVH came in #1 in these tournaments---the only category you even placed in.

I hope Casino management reviews their strategy carefully. My wife and I stayed with you this past New Year's weekend and were amazed at how empty the floor was. We had a good time, and kudos especially to my host, the wonderfully accomodating VIP Lounge staff, and the vast majority of the casino staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the LVH. Thank you for recognizing the efforts put forth my all of the members of the team to make The LVH better each day. I will forward your comments to the Casino team to see if they would reconsider reinstating the Blackjack tournaments. We value the input of all of our guests and will always look at different ways of doing things to improve service.
Rockville, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The quality of this property has gone down dramatically. Rooms are showing its age. Internet service for 13 bucks a day is not worth it. Front desk staff messed up our reservations, had to switch rooms because the heat in our room was not working. Another one of our rooms the drain in the tub was backed up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. I certainly apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to improve every day so we will definitely use your comments to help us improve in the areas you noted. Once again, thank you for your comments.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I guess at one time this place was hip, but that's long ago. Rooms in bad need of remodel or some quality upkeep to say the least. Casino is small by today's standards with high-table limits and terrible rules for blackjack such as 6/5 return for blackjacks, no even money, can't split after first two cards and so on... drink servers, bless their hearts, it's like they are let out of the retirement home to work here for a shift or two. Half the time they get the order wrong and it takes them forever to walk back and forth. If you're not familiar with the LVH, it's isolated from everything else. I can't see anyone paying more than $39/night, if you have to. Stay away. You can do much better in Vegas for a lot less.

Room Tip: Statue of Elvis is worth a look. Benihana Restaurant is kind of cool too, if you're never experi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at The LVH. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We try to make every guest stay enjoyable but obviously fell short in your situation. lease know that we strive every day to make improvements in all areas of the hotel. Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment reagrding your recent stay at The LVH.
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

No wonder the Hilton pulled there name from this ok I have stayed there 4 times in the past 3 years and last time was my last! First of all the price went up since they changed names along with the cleanliness of the hotel Also we had to run the water for 30 minutes before it would get hot when i called the desk about it they said that when the hotel is at low occupancy some of the rooms water does not get hot !!! . The hallways were dirty dishes left from room service and there was a half eaten cookie lying on the floor a few doors down from my room and the cookie stayed there for 4 of the 9 days I stayed there, But the deciding factor on why I'm not going to stay there again was the roaches crawling all over the couch in the lobby> Need I say more.

Room Tip: there is no good room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your ceommnets regarding your recent stay at LVH. I am so disappointed to hear of all of the things that went wrong during your stay. We appreciate all of our loyal guests that have stayed with us multiple times over the years and hate to lose people like you as customers. I have forwarded your comments to the specific departments responsible for those areas and will make sure these issues are corrected. Once again, thank you for your comments. I only wish your stay would have been better.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here after our originally booked LV Hotel was a mess. The price for the location is unbeatable and the room and our view is priceless. Thank you for saving our trip!!!! The walls are a little bit thin, if you dont have loud neighbors like we did it is perfect!

• Stayed January 2013
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Las Vegas. I am so glad we were able to save your trip! Thank you for the wonderful comments and thank you for staying at LVH. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!