“Great Time For My Birthday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
The Cyber Sale Is Open!
Ranked #145 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ellenwood, Georgia
“Great Time For My Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was a guest at the LVH from 05/03/12-05/07/12 for my 35th birthday and it was FABULOUS!!!! Before we even got to the state of Nevada, I was in contact with Eileen regarding my stay several times prior to our trip and she was phenomenal! 2 months prior to our stay at the hotel, I informed her that several of our friends would be traveling with us to Vegas for my birthday and she went out of her way keeping in contact with me to make sure that she had their names so that she could reserve our rooms near each other. She also informed me that she would not be on the property when I arrived but made sure to advise the staff that we were coming and she also let me know who I could contact once I was there if I had any issues (I'm pleased to say that I did not have any issues, but it was nice to have that information if I needed it) She went above and beyond her call of duty and the icing on the cake was that she had a personalized card and gift basket delivered to my room when I checked in!!! The location was great---right near everything that you could search for, from a drug store to a wedding chapel (even though there is a wedding chapel right there in the LVH) The bed was super comfortable and I wanted to bring it home with us...LOL. The hotel was so awesome that we really didn't have to leave the LVH except for when we chose to...everything is right there on the property---restaurants galore with great food and room service, (Even a Pizza Hut on the property), clubs, shows, old school pool party, jewelry store, clothing stores, spa services, (we didn't use the spa services, but heard great things from others in our group that did) extraordinary, efficient valet service and so much more! I even got serenaded for my birthday by a live Mariachi Band (my birthday is Cinco De Mayo) We were so impressed, and that has made the LVH our hotel of choice anytime that we travel to Las Vegas!

Room Tip: Just call ahead and any of the staff will be happy to accommodate your room requests to the best of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Happy Late Birthday (or should I say Happy Early Birthday)! I'm so glad your birthday at LVH was so amazing. Eileen exemplifies the type of service we strive for at LVH. She is amazing. I am looking forward to your next visit to LVH. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and for staying at LVH!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helena, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been staying at this property often over the years but can clearly see why they lost their Hilton Franchise. It's certainly not up to Par and sure should not be rated four star property, I think it is the only property in vegas where the guest rating is way below the institutional rating. Its barely a three star property and I generally stay in a resort club room, and have been told the classic room is barely acceptable. There hasnt been any money poured into renovation that i can see and its present owner, Goldman Sachs has shown no intention of doing anything with property except to find a new buyer that is willing to spend money renovating and so far havent found anyone because it probably would cost as much and probably more than the 500 million being spent on the nearby Sahara,. The spa is a depressing place but Ken is great but the other staff generally tends to the rude side. The latest trend is to provide adult movies which almost makes you seem like you are in a pay by the hour facility. A sign of the times is that the manager has become the great apologist writing an apology for every review, In other words they cant even try to correct the problem because they have no money. Writing an apology is cheap to do and besides he has no budget to correct the problems being described. SAD I sure hope that it can return to its glory days and again become the House that Elvis would be proud of, but its going to continue to get worst until they find a new buyer. The slots here have been here since time immemorial, I will probably stay here again because I am in the habit but there are clearly better places for your money than here.

Room Tip: room 135 is great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The LVH. I am glad to hear that you continue to stay at The LVH although there are so many issues. Our goal in responding to these complaints is to identify any existing issues so that we can priortize the issues based upon immediately correctable issues. Certainly, there are mitigating issues that make it difficult to correct all of the issues immediately. We want each and every guest to enjoy every aspect of their stay. If the guest does not enjoy their stay, then it is encumbent upon us to apologize that we did not meet their expectations. However, please know that we are dedicated to correcting the issues as quickly as we can so that we can return to our glory days. I want to thank you for recognizing Ken at the spa as a member of the staf that really sticks out. I will forward this comment as well as the comments regarding the rest of the staff to the management representative so that they may recognize Ken and change the service level of the other staff.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My rating of this hotel is based on what the nightly rate I paid in comparisson to other Hotels I have stayed at in Las Vegas. I am local and stay at several hotels to get away and check out all the Hotels. The Value is definately there. I grabbed the Groupon which was only $79 for 2 nights which included a weekend stay. Something that always costs more! The pass also included passes to the spa. Add to the fact that there is no resort fee and it was worth it! I used the fitness center and that was very nice. The lockers could have been cleaner. Wifi was the typical pricing I find through out the strip so I just used my phone as a hot spot and did fine.
One great thing was the room service. The prices were very reasonable and the food got to the room fast and tasted fresh. I ordered room service both mornings. I love ordering room service in the morning! We ordered the continental breakfast, pancakes, and oatmeal both mornings. it was good the first day so why risk it.
The valet was also very fast. I only wished they turned on the heater where you wait for your car but I think that's just me, everyone else waiting seemed to be ok with the cold wind blowing.
Again, this review is based on what I paid for the room. I think that it's head and shoulders better than any other hotel for the price...far and away. For this price, it's the best you'll get. Access to the strip wasn't an issue. I drove here and it allowed me to go through Paradise and get in and out of the strip fast.
There were a few issues, yes. No stopper for the sink, no soap holder, no shower caps, cotton balls, q-tips, etc. But at $40 per night it was worth it. Honestly on a weekend it would have been worth twice that...You want better, pay more!

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comment regarding your recent stay. We definitely try to give you best value for your money spent and it appears we succeeded on your stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding valet and room service and will pass those on to the appropriate departments. We still want to make sure all of your needs are met so, in the future, please let us know if you need anything and we will do everything we can to provide it for you.

Travis Pixler
Customer Service Manager
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room did not offer free wifi, you have to pay to use the gym, and there were no good restaurants on the premises. The room however was spacious and comfortable. The hotel appears to have a country western theme which we were not prepaired for. Nothing wrong with that theme, we just expected something different being in Las Vegas. The main thing LVH has going is the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at LVH. We are always striving to improve in all areas. Your comments will definitely help identify areas that need to improve. We try to offer the guest the best possible value for his hotel stay. Thank you again gor your comments and for staying at LVH.
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Staff were friendly. rooms and salon were not clean. Buffet was very good. I recommend buffet and spa. its access to the strip was poor. I paid 40$ per night. With this money maybe it worth.
Wifi rate was expensive. If you consider wifi and access to the strip it didn't worth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at LVH. We constatly strive to improve in all areas and with your comment can identify areas in need of improvement. Thank you so much for recommending the buffet and spa. Once again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying at LVH.
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The night we arrived, we were moved to 3 different rooms (1st - no heat or hot water; 2nd - smoking room when we requested non-smoking). The following day, we had to request housekeeping 3 times over a ten-hour period before the room was finally cleaned; however, management did apologize and act appropriately for all the inconveniences. Overall, its an average hotel that has major internal issues to resolve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay at LVH. I am so disappointed that you had so many issues during your stay but glad we were able to respond appropriately. Your comments will definitely help us in determing ways to improve in all areas. We are committed to making each guest experience extraordinary and we will continue working until we meet our goal. Thank you once again for your comments and for staying at LVH.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel probably 20 times over the last 15 years. My stay now that it's LVH was still very good. The upgraded room are Hilton quality, the Buffet remains a standout with high quality and extensive offerings. The Spa is still great and little touches like newspapers in the TV room are nice. The hotel is not like the new ones but the ease of parking and not being overwhelmed is a plus. This is not cutting edge Vegas but it's a property I look forward to visiting again. As a Hilton Gold card holder, the package offerings come quite close the the amenities that were available with the card. I didn't have any trouble using the promotions like free breakfast buffet or spa use.

Room Tip: North Tower is closest to parking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LVHHotelCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the LVH. We are so glad to hear that you continue to enjoy staying at The LVH. We try to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. Thank you again for commenting on your stay and we look forward to your next stay at The LVH.

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!