“Several Cars Got Broken into Last Night Nov 21” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2 FREE Show Tickets
Ranked #147 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sacramento, California
“Several Cars Got Broken into Last Night Nov 21”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Well first...My car and 2 others got broken into in the self-parking. All were parked not too far back and under lights, but the parking lot is wide open. There is security but not enough. Not too much lost just personal things and of course the key punched lock to be replaced. Spoke the manager on duty after we got home and He really did not have anything to say and had a very unsympathetic attitude and lack of interest at what happened. However the room needs much more attention. No remote for the TV, no clock, the drapes did not open properly, the sink drain extremely slow and the shower head is like a sprinkle not a shower. We checked in at 10 am and called about the remote then left for the day. Got back at 7pm ... still no remote. Called it came up then. The bed was very comfortable which was nice after a long day with family and shopping. At the little coffee place, Fortuna, we had a horrible service. No one looked at us- not 1 out of 5 on staff, tossed our order on the counter, we had no idea which order was ours, asked for the sugar and the lady grumbled at my husband, I asked for a bag and the woman never acknowledged me, looked up and just said 'here'. On top of that they got the order wrong. So I would really think twice in staying here again as there are sooooo many choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (954)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
safetybob
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

i got a great deal on air, hotel and car -the, hotel was very nice, very clean and easy to get to. It was not too far from the sand convention center-would have been ideal if they hadn't moved my convention from the las vegas convention center

Room Tip: try to get a room near the elevator-very large hotel
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It is located right next to the Convention Center so perfect if you are going there. Don't have to fool with cabs to get there and can go to and from easily. Safe and secure with casino and all the restaurants you need handy. Still close enough to strip you can walk there easily.

Room Tip: I just asked for an upgrade and they checked and put me in a great room with nice view.
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Let me start by saying that we travel to Vegas about 4 times per year and have stayed in many hotels both on and off the Strip. The LVH offers great value close to the Strip and we would stay here again. We recommend LVH for people who want moderately priced, clean, safe, comfortable accommodations without resort fees, and who don't mind being off the Strip.

We reserved our hotel through Expedia and spent one night at the LVH for Veteran's Day weekend. We had visited the casino once on a previous trip but never seen the hotel. The room was affordable and well laid out. My wife really liked that the closet and sink area were out of view of the beds. The room was good sized, the beds were comfortable, and our windows looked out on the Strip. The room and bathroom were clean and functional. There was only one problem--the mechanical drapes didn't open. But we were there such a short time it didn't matter and we did not notify the staff about it. Finding a parking space for our rental car was easy, even on the weekend. The staff was efficient.

Since our stay was short, we did not eat at any of the restaurants or use any of the hotel amenities. However, we noted that several fast food and sit-down dining options were available. We liked that we could get from the parking lot to our room without having to parade through a dark and smoky casino (a rarity among Vegas establishments).

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have a Strip view. Ask for one when you check in.
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

It is a nice location and I choose this because It use to be a Hilton Hotel. Now, this hotel cleaning quality and Front desk service is Poor. I checked in my room. The pillows did not had pillow cases, the sheet had blood stains, the bathroom was so dirty that you can see toothpaste marks on the furniture. I called the front desk to address the problem and rudely I was told "HOLD ON, I WILL CONNECT YOU TO HOUSEKEEPING". No apologize, or an offer to change rooms, then I the housekeeper just told me that they will go change it. After I couple of hours later, they changed it. Not to mention the elevator had trash in the floor and the hallways had trash cans hanging outside. I had such a terrible stay, horrible service and definitely major cleaning issues. I would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Room needs major attention. Tub faucet leaking, poor shower quality, faucet lines connected backwards, dresser drawers refused to stay closed, and drapes falling off the rod. These are are not minor or picky; the staff has to see them every time they enter the room. Many staff members do not appear to enjoy their job; far too many frowns and poor service.

Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first stay at the LVH since it lost its Hilton branding. I was surprised at how much has changed for the worse in such a relatively short period of time.

My LVH experience began at the front desk, where I asked assistant manager "Junior" for a favor in adjusting the dates of my stay (cancelling a day), something that Hilton would have accommodated without a second thought. He admitted to me that he had the authority to make such a change, but that he would not do so for me. His response seemed unnecessarily curt and antipodal.

My room in the North Tower seemed rather weather-worn, although everything was in working order. The bed was quite comfortable; definitely the best aspect of my stay.

Based on the attitude of the staff at this property, I could not recommend it to others and will not be staying here again myself.

Room Tip: The rooms in the North Tower are the most recently renovated, but don't expect much and yo won...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!