“Hotel Run Down and Employees with Frowns” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2 FREE Show Tickets
Ranked #146 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hotel Run Down and Employees with Frowns”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Room needs major attention. Tub faucet leaking, poor shower quality, faucet lines connected backwards, dresser drawers refused to stay closed, and drapes falling off the rod. These are are not minor or picky; the staff has to see them every time they enter the room. Many staff members do not appear to enjoy their job; far too many frowns and poor service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first stay at the LVH since it lost its Hilton branding. I was surprised at how much has changed for the worse in such a relatively short period of time.

My LVH experience began at the front desk, where I asked assistant manager "Junior" for a favor in adjusting the dates of my stay (cancelling a day), something that Hilton would have accommodated without a second thought. He admitted to me that he had the authority to make such a change, but that he would not do so for me. His response seemed unnecessarily curt and antipodal.

My room in the North Tower seemed rather weather-worn, although everything was in working order. The bed was quite comfortable; definitely the best aspect of my stay.

Based on the attitude of the staff at this property, I could not recommend it to others and will not be staying here again myself.

Room Tip: The rooms in the North Tower are the most recently renovated, but don't expect much and yo won...
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Check in was real good…BUT it was 11:30 at night. The young lady who checked me in was AWESOME!!! Instant Up Grade on a travel day that was too long. The casino was crowded due to the fact we were having an industry show that was expecting 50,000+ people and many stayed at the LVH. In my industry we have a lot of men and the prostitutes knew this because they were all in the casino plus a few pimps…too funny actually. The room was fairly clean and this was unexpected after seeing the photos here. Housekeeping did an excellent job daily. I have to say the buffet was above average…I say this because earlier this year we ate at the buffet at Excalibur and were very unimpressed. I had several meals due to working the show here and they never disappointed. My only disappointment with the buffet was that they didn’t open until 8 AM and it was difficult to eat and get to the booth on time. I loved the check out…I called the front desk on my way out the door and she had my receipt emailed to me before I hit the elevator. That brings up the elevator…day 2 here I had to wait 25 minutes for it and being on the 21st floor made it impossible to use the stairs. I was told there was an error with the controller but it was still an inconvenience. I think I will stay on the Stripe next time because it is in the middle of all that is happening and the LVH isn’t but that is a personal preference…cheers

Room Tip: My room was 21-124 and it faced the Stripe and front marquee. I loved the sunrise and sunset…funny I...
Oswego, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked 10 rooms here for myself and my colleagues while we were exhibiting at a recent tradeshow. The staff was friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have Fortuna, the cafe open 24 hrs. The onsite restaurants, Benihanas and the steakhouse were nice as well.

I had a room in the central tower that was non-smoking. However I ended up leaving the fan off the entire week I was there because there was a heavy smoke smell that was in the ventilation system. The lighting in the room was dim, and the hotel is definitely not designed for business travelers, even with its proximity to the convention center. I was not a fan of the shower either, very low water pressure, and the shower head was barely taller than I am, and I'm only 5'3!

Over all, it's a clean hotel, but definitely not one I would recommend staying at on a leisure trip. It's a good value for a group on a business trip, and has a variety of food options.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevators as they are quite noisy. My room was about 6 room...
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton (Now LVH) for a number of years (like 18) so it is sad for me to only give this hotel an "adequate" rating. We recently spent 7 nights at the LVH in the North Tower (one of the upgraded rooms). While the room was fine (It is the same upgrade that has been there for a number of years), the hallway carpet is very worn and the Elevators for the north tower were very sporadic. We think there were only 2 working during our visit. Most people were forced to use the Central Bank of elevators and walk to the north tower (to save time). On our first night, we had to take cold showers and the next morning the same thing. I notified the people at the front desk and he assured me that we would have hot water that evening. (Due to low occupancy, it takes longer for the hot water to reach the higher floors !!?? -- we were on Floor 24). In addition to the cold showers, the tub would not drain sufficiently. You stood in water above your ankles and most of the time it was not drained before the next person had to shower. This also was addressed and a maintenance man fixed. There is no WiFi in any area of the hotel -- but you can pay $13.50 per day to have it in your room. I felt that was a bit steep -- maybe $9 or so would be right but for 7 nights it seemed too much. You used to be able to go to the "coffee shop" area of the lobby for free WiFi just to check your email. We were fortunate enough to be able to go to the Club Room for continental breakfast, coffee, cheese and veggies in the evenings, etc. However, the furnishings in this room look like they were from the 60's -- but not in a cute fashion. Definitely needs updated -- especially if people are paying $45 to $50 a day for entrance. Overall, we enjoyed our stay just because we don't mind being off the strip (always have a car) and we are used to this hotel, but if you want a clean, updated hotel -- this is not the place for you. Side Note: On one of my trips "waiting" on an elevator, there were quite a number of other persons in line complaining about the hotel -- they varied from no hot water, a bathtub that would not drain (like ours), a roach in their room, spots on their carpet, dirty room in the Central Tower. Two of these people were moving from a previous room to the North Tower after complaining to the front desk. Just hoping that their new room was better!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in LVH for 4 nights. I was offered an upgrade for $20. The original room was supposed to be just the cheapest one. The upgraded room was very nice, the bathroom was a good size. It also had a working fridge.
The monorail comes almost insde the hotel and in 15 minutes you can be on the south side of the strip. It was pretty crowded on the weekend but on the working days it was almost quiet.
I suggest buffet for a simple, inexpensive and delicious meals.
The TJ's Steakhouse is an upscale steak restaurant with great food. Don't forget to use your coupon for this restaurant!

Room Tip: Don't forget to use your coupon for the TJ's Steakhouse restaurant and other services! I su...
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving I went to the sports book. Both female workers in the Nba betting area were very rude, had attitudes that someone should bother them by waking up to their window. Further I will be placing future bets elsewhere. The staff at players club and box office were much friendlier. Avoid the sports book grille as well. Way overpriced $6+ for a small cheeseburger with no fries or drink! Not much fast food options to grab anything quick.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!