“Should be AVG but I will say Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$50 Resort Credit
Ranked #146 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pueblo, Colorado
“Should be AVG but I will say Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Check in was real good…BUT it was 11:30 at night. The young lady who checked me in was AWESOME!!! Instant Up Grade on a travel day that was too long. The casino was crowded due to the fact we were having an industry show that was expecting 50,000+ people and many stayed at the LVH. In my industry we have a lot of men and the prostitutes knew this because they were all in the casino plus a few pimps…too funny actually. The room was fairly clean and this was unexpected after seeing the photos here. Housekeeping did an excellent job daily. I have to say the buffet was above average…I say this because earlier this year we ate at the buffet at Excalibur and were very unimpressed. I had several meals due to working the show here and they never disappointed. My only disappointment with the buffet was that they didn’t open until 8 AM and it was difficult to eat and get to the booth on time. I loved the check out…I called the front desk on my way out the door and she had my receipt emailed to me before I hit the elevator. That brings up the elevator…day 2 here I had to wait 25 minutes for it and being on the 21st floor made it impossible to use the stairs. I was told there was an error with the controller but it was still an inconvenience. I think I will stay on the Stripe next time because it is in the middle of all that is happening and the LVH isn’t but that is a personal preference…cheers

Room Tip: My room was 21-124 and it faced the Stripe and front marquee. I loved the sunrise and sunset…funny I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oswego, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked 10 rooms here for myself and my colleagues while we were exhibiting at a recent tradeshow. The staff was friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have Fortuna, the cafe open 24 hrs. The onsite restaurants, Benihanas and the steakhouse were nice as well.

I had a room in the central tower that was non-smoking. However I ended up leaving the fan off the entire week I was there because there was a heavy smoke smell that was in the ventilation system. The lighting in the room was dim, and the hotel is definitely not designed for business travelers, even with its proximity to the convention center. I was not a fan of the shower either, very low water pressure, and the shower head was barely taller than I am, and I'm only 5'3!

Over all, it's a clean hotel, but definitely not one I would recommend staying at on a leisure trip. It's a good value for a group on a business trip, and has a variety of food options.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevators as they are quite noisy. My room was about 6 room...
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton (Now LVH) for a number of years (like 18) so it is sad for me to only give this hotel an "adequate" rating. We recently spent 7 nights at the LVH in the North Tower (one of the upgraded rooms). While the room was fine (It is the same upgrade that has been there for a number of years), the hallway carpet is very worn and the Elevators for the north tower were very sporadic. We think there were only 2 working during our visit. Most people were forced to use the Central Bank of elevators and walk to the north tower (to save time). On our first night, we had to take cold showers and the next morning the same thing. I notified the people at the front desk and he assured me that we would have hot water that evening. (Due to low occupancy, it takes longer for the hot water to reach the higher floors !!?? -- we were on Floor 24). In addition to the cold showers, the tub would not drain sufficiently. You stood in water above your ankles and most of the time it was not drained before the next person had to shower. This also was addressed and a maintenance man fixed. There is no WiFi in any area of the hotel -- but you can pay $13.50 per day to have it in your room. I felt that was a bit steep -- maybe $9 or so would be right but for 7 nights it seemed too much. You used to be able to go to the "coffee shop" area of the lobby for free WiFi just to check your email. We were fortunate enough to be able to go to the Club Room for continental breakfast, coffee, cheese and veggies in the evenings, etc. However, the furnishings in this room look like they were from the 60's -- but not in a cute fashion. Definitely needs updated -- especially if people are paying $45 to $50 a day for entrance. Overall, we enjoyed our stay just because we don't mind being off the strip (always have a car) and we are used to this hotel, but if you want a clean, updated hotel -- this is not the place for you. Side Note: On one of my trips "waiting" on an elevator, there were quite a number of other persons in line complaining about the hotel -- they varied from no hot water, a bathtub that would not drain (like ours), a roach in their room, spots on their carpet, dirty room in the Central Tower. Two of these people were moving from a previous room to the North Tower after complaining to the front desk. Just hoping that their new room was better!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in LVH for 4 nights. I was offered an upgrade for $20. The original room was supposed to be just the cheapest one. The upgraded room was very nice, the bathroom was a good size. It also had a working fridge.
The monorail comes almost insde the hotel and in 15 minutes you can be on the south side of the strip. It was pretty crowded on the weekend but on the working days it was almost quiet.
I suggest buffet for a simple, inexpensive and delicious meals.
The TJ's Steakhouse is an upscale steak restaurant with great food. Don't forget to use your coupon for this restaurant!

Room Tip: Don't forget to use your coupon for the TJ's Steakhouse restaurant and other services! I su...
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving I went to the sports book. Both female workers in the Nba betting area were very rude, had attitudes that someone should bother them by waking up to their window. Further I will be placing future bets elsewhere. The staff at players club and box office were much friendlier. Avoid the sports book grille as well. Way overpriced $6+ for a small cheeseburger with no fries or drink! Not much fast food options to grab anything quick.

• Stayed November 2012
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Luck when we arrived no lines booked in no problem, on frid/sat lines were long. Room good size clean, few time we had ask for shampoo but when we returned there was 3 of everything , if your looking for a hotel away from the crowdes no problems getting on machines you like then the hilton for you. Buffet was good something for everyone, if want live a little get the monorail from the hotel to the strip. internet was USD 15 day, player club was very good had problem one day with my card ,lady left area came with me to the machine to ensure all was ok (top marks thats what makes customers happy bit of service)
Went pool long walk from the room, plenty chairs, woman walking around all the time asking if you want drinks.
lastly the price USD 39 no hotel fees, was great had budgeted USD 120 night for hotel room so extra for the machines, paid USD39 for room but they got my budget back plus more from the machines.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Macquarie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A good option for the budget conscious.
On the plus side, the hotel is on the quieter side. It's a much older hotel & is quite a distance from the main action on the strip. Walking isn't really an option in the heat, but there is a monorail that you can catch alongside the hotel, which will take you down the strip.
We saw a number of families at the hotel & the pool area looked good & was a good size.
We found the staff friendly & helpful.
The room was large & comfortable. Loved the super soft pillows & very comfortable bed!
The down side was that the bathroom was small, pokey & reminded me of bathroom from the 60's.
The vanity was in fact, outside the bathroom & opposite the wardrobe in our room. I don't think that it would fit in the bathroom. There was an interconnecting door, although the rooms were not being used as such on this occasion. The problem was that it was very thin & we could hear every word said in the room next door.
There were absolutely no facilities for coffee or tea making.
We ate at a cafe onsite & it was very poor. I was even served coffee in a cup which looked like it had been picked up at a junk store. It was even chipped. I left feeling hungary!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up might be nicer. If you are staying for 2 or 3 nights , it's cheaper to buy a tw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!