“Easy Access To Convention Center” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #148 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oswego, Illinois
“Easy Access To Convention Center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked 10 rooms here for myself and my colleagues while we were exhibiting at a recent tradeshow. The staff was friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have Fortuna, the cafe open 24 hrs. The onsite restaurants, Benihanas and the steakhouse were nice as well.

I had a room in the central tower that was non-smoking. However I ended up leaving the fan off the entire week I was there because there was a heavy smoke smell that was in the ventilation system. The lighting in the room was dim, and the hotel is definitely not designed for business travelers, even with its proximity to the convention center. I was not a fan of the shower either, very low water pressure, and the shower head was barely taller than I am, and I'm only 5'3!

Over all, it's a clean hotel, but definitely not one I would recommend staying at on a leisure trip. It's a good value for a group on a business trip, and has a variety of food options.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevators as they are quite noisy. My room was about 6 room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton (Now LVH) for a number of years (like 18) so it is sad for me to only give this hotel an "adequate" rating. We recently spent 7 nights at the LVH in the North Tower (one of the upgraded rooms). While the room was fine (It is the same upgrade that has been there for a number of years), the hallway carpet is very worn and the Elevators for the north tower were very sporadic. We think there were only 2 working during our visit. Most people were forced to use the Central Bank of elevators and walk to the north tower (to save time). On our first night, we had to take cold showers and the next morning the same thing. I notified the people at the front desk and he assured me that we would have hot water that evening. (Due to low occupancy, it takes longer for the hot water to reach the higher floors !!?? -- we were on Floor 24). In addition to the cold showers, the tub would not drain sufficiently. You stood in water above your ankles and most of the time it was not drained before the next person had to shower. This also was addressed and a maintenance man fixed. There is no WiFi in any area of the hotel -- but you can pay $13.50 per day to have it in your room. I felt that was a bit steep -- maybe $9 or so would be right but for 7 nights it seemed too much. You used to be able to go to the "coffee shop" area of the lobby for free WiFi just to check your email. We were fortunate enough to be able to go to the Club Room for continental breakfast, coffee, cheese and veggies in the evenings, etc. However, the furnishings in this room look like they were from the 60's -- but not in a cute fashion. Definitely needs updated -- especially if people are paying $45 to $50 a day for entrance. Overall, we enjoyed our stay just because we don't mind being off the strip (always have a car) and we are used to this hotel, but if you want a clean, updated hotel -- this is not the place for you. Side Note: On one of my trips "waiting" on an elevator, there were quite a number of other persons in line complaining about the hotel -- they varied from no hot water, a bathtub that would not drain (like ours), a roach in their room, spots on their carpet, dirty room in the Central Tower. Two of these people were moving from a previous room to the North Tower after complaining to the front desk. Just hoping that their new room was better!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in LVH for 4 nights. I was offered an upgrade for $20. The original room was supposed to be just the cheapest one. The upgraded room was very nice, the bathroom was a good size. It also had a working fridge.
The monorail comes almost insde the hotel and in 15 minutes you can be on the south side of the strip. It was pretty crowded on the weekend but on the working days it was almost quiet.
I suggest buffet for a simple, inexpensive and delicious meals.
The TJ's Steakhouse is an upscale steak restaurant with great food. Don't forget to use your coupon for this restaurant!

Room Tip: Don't forget to use your coupon for the TJ's Steakhouse restaurant and other services! I su...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving I went to the sports book. Both female workers in the Nba betting area were very rude, had attitudes that someone should bother them by waking up to their window. Further I will be placing future bets elsewhere. The staff at players club and box office were much friendlier. Avoid the sports book grille as well. Way overpriced $6+ for a small cheeseburger with no fries or drink! Not much fast food options to grab anything quick.

• Stayed November 2012
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Luck when we arrived no lines booked in no problem, on frid/sat lines were long. Room good size clean, few time we had ask for shampoo but when we returned there was 3 of everything , if your looking for a hotel away from the crowdes no problems getting on machines you like then the hilton for you. Buffet was good something for everyone, if want live a little get the monorail from the hotel to the strip. internet was USD 15 day, player club was very good had problem one day with my card ,lady left area came with me to the machine to ensure all was ok (top marks thats what makes customers happy bit of service)
Went pool long walk from the room, plenty chairs, woman walking around all the time asking if you want drinks.
lastly the price USD 39 no hotel fees, was great had budgeted USD 120 night for hotel room so extra for the machines, paid USD39 for room but they got my budget back plus more from the machines.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Macquarie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A good option for the budget conscious.
On the plus side, the hotel is on the quieter side. It's a much older hotel & is quite a distance from the main action on the strip. Walking isn't really an option in the heat, but there is a monorail that you can catch alongside the hotel, which will take you down the strip.
We saw a number of families at the hotel & the pool area looked good & was a good size.
We found the staff friendly & helpful.
The room was large & comfortable. Loved the super soft pillows & very comfortable bed!
The down side was that the bathroom was small, pokey & reminded me of bathroom from the 60's.
The vanity was in fact, outside the bathroom & opposite the wardrobe in our room. I don't think that it would fit in the bathroom. There was an interconnecting door, although the rooms were not being used as such on this occasion. The problem was that it was very thin & we could hear every word said in the room next door.
There were absolutely no facilities for coffee or tea making.
We ate at a cafe onsite & it was very poor. I was even served coffee in a cup which looked like it had been picked up at a junk store. It was even chipped. I left feeling hungary!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up might be nicer. If you are staying for 2 or 3 nights , it's cheaper to buy a tw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orosi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked our hotel through Travelocity's "secret Hotel" and ended up at the LVH (formally the Las Vegas Hilton). While this hotel is not on the strip, it is only a block away from Circus Circus and the Stratosphere on the north end of the strip.

We arrived around 9:00 pm on a thursday night and there was no line for check in. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for $15.00 more per night. They told us that the upgraded rooms were newly remodeled and included new carpet, pillow top mattresses, and a flat screen TV. We took the upgrade and I feel that it was worth it. The beds and pillows were fantastic. The room was clean with no lingering smells from the previous tennent.

We stayed in the East Tower on the 8th floor. There is an outdoor parking lot just outside of the East tower. Ther East tower elevator was just inside the lobby and with four elevators there was never a wait.

Twice I had occasion to call the front desk, and both times I was greated with a friendly voice that quickly answered my questions.

The first question was about the two 32 oz. water bottles in the room. No they are not free, they cost $4.00 each.

The second was a request for more shampoo which was promply delivered to our room along with soap, conditoner, and lotion.

We never had any problem with noise from outside the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!