“surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

You added Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
The Cyber Sale Is Open!
Ranked #145 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
alanas
“surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am a local who occasionally rents a hotel room to enjoy the strip. I was pleasantly surpised by the size of the standard room! the staff was polite and helpful, I like to come here during football season and watch the games on 15 big screens (approx) and enjoy a cheap beer and cheap eats. The buffet was out of control yummy.The bed wasnt too comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barrington, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We just got home from 5 days at the LVH, Now.....just simply the Las Vegas Hotel, rather than the Hilton. We stayed here because we were attending a convention next door.
It's run down, tired, and the rooms are just used to death. In the casino they feature older chubby cocktail waitresses (which is a sad phenomenon in my opinion) being made to stuff themselves into these black sparkly corset outfits. sad.
In our room the curtains were falling down, the noise outside was UNBEARABLE..... Cleaning a stain on the carpet at 7:30 AM, housekeeping using walkee-talkee's on full volume in Spanish at 8 AM. One day the housekeeping never even showed up. Just annoying!
The workout facilities were average, but cost $20/day. Which is a bit steep, unLESS you're a HHonors member (which they still honored...as a courtesy for some reason).
The Mexican restaurant (Tres Rios) was busy at cocktail hour, but the food was only appetizers, and ALL fried and very poor service.
I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. Even if we were part of a convention (like this trip), I would stay somewhere else. There are TONS of options available in Las Vegas at a much better price.

Hoback Junction
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just got back from a conference at LVH, and can't come up with anything redeeming. There was a pool I never got to use as it is only open from 9-5. Using the workout room was $20/day, so I didn't get any workouts in. No free wi-fi. That cost over $12/day.They provided a safe in-room for $3/day which is bizarre as safes are primarily to keep hotel employees honest and owners less liable. There was not a single recycling can anywhere in the place. I was shocked that there was nothing,so I either had to throw away things or carry them to a bin in a different establishment. Had one morning of no hot water. Met the biggest cockroach in the first floor men's room that I have ever seen. We took the 'green option' of declining maid service & restocking. Some days they cleaned when they were not supposed to. They did not give us the $10 coupon promised on days they didn't. When I called to talk about the issue, the employee I spoke to said I would need to talk to her supervisors. I assumed she would give me their number or name, or patch me through. Noone got back in touch. I would rather stay in a rundown econo-lodge or like where everything is included in the price of the room, and there is free breakfast to boot.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

A convention brought me to LVH (formerly Las Vegas Hilton) in March 2012. I'd never been to Las Vegas, so I was pretty impressed by the long driveway, the glitzy chandeliers and the expansive lobby floor.

The staff was polite, which helped make up for my long, long hike to the outer reaches of the north tower to get to my room. At least there were shops to peek at along the way.

The room was fairly high end, which justified the price, and I had a good view of some of the nearby casino/hotel signs. (It's off the strip, next to the convention center.)

The problem was this: A few things were off with the room. Some PR material had been knocked onto the floor and not picked up; there was an empty grocery bag left behind in a bathroom drawer and there was a USED washcloth drying on the shower rod. Yuck. What else had the maids not cleaned that I wouldn't know about?

That said, there was a variety of stores, bars, restaurants and gambling options in the hotel. Since it's not on the strip, you can't walk around much. You could, theoretically, strap on sneakers and cut across the Riviera property to get to the strip. But you probably picked LVH to be by the convention center. You'll walk about 3/4 of a mile to get to the furthest conventions (and it's not a scenic walk). But you won't have to cab it.

I like conservation as much as the next guy, but it seemed strange that the hotel is using all of the old Hilton materials. The Hilton H was still on the hotel, and virtually everything in the rooms -- from the keys to the menus -- still said Hilton. I guess it's good to not throw those things away, but I did wonder about other ways they were cutting corners to save money.

Because I like conservation, I opt to skip maid service when I can. I don't mind not having new towels or a freshly made bed each night since it saves water. It also saves the hotel money, and LVH will reward you with a $10 coupon for any "food or beverage outlet" in the hotel when you "go green" this way. Nice!

Room Tip: The north tower is a real hike from just about anywhere. Try to get in the east tower. If you are st...
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

This is not a hotel I would ever stay at again. My husband and I stayed in a premium room there was no coffee maker in the room and Internet was 14 dollars for 24 hours, we had to ask for extra toilet paper and towels and water was $4 a bottle. Our room was not even touched by house keeping until the day be for we left we were there 4 days. When we went down to the casino it took forever to get a drink. This hotel did not have a medic on call incase of some one hurting themselves and the closest hospital is at least a 6 hour wait on a week night. This hotel to my husband and I is a far cry from the awesome place that Las Vega is I think Elvis would be furious

• Stayed March 2012
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Many of the reviews have been scathing so I thought I would calm people down about this hotel. We were treated well and the room was very nice. We are not high maintenance people and prefer to mostly fend for ourselves. We were very happy with the new "green" policy where we could forgo having daily maid service and instead receive a $10 voucher for food or drink in the hotel. We attended the Elvis impersonator show (my husband's wish) and even I enjoyed it. We were not willing to frop the big bucks for the big shows. Vegas is not my favorite place by any means but I did enjoy the 2 nights we spent there. Cannot comment on pool as it was too chilly and the casino was lively and fun for a person who only will gamble $20!

Room Tip: We were in the north tower and room was fine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you are looking for an off strip hotel, this is a great choice. We have been staying at this hotel (formerly Hilton) 2-3 times a year for the last 5 + years, it is our first choice whenever we go to Las Vegas. We like to be able by pass all the traffic on Las Vegas Blvd while being close to both downtown and strip. Another reason is that you don't have to go through the casino to get to your room like many other hotels. This is especially nice if you have kids.

Check in was easy and fast. The room is your standard hotel size - if you stayed in premium room they have the new pillow top bed that is very comfortable. And the bathroom is a little nicer. As like many Vegas hotel, their rooms are in different stage of 'renovation'. We've stayed at standard room and it's also fine. One thing I did notice that perhaps due to age of the hotel, the air conditioner in some rooms can be louder than some other. If it bothers you just ask to change.

LVH casino is smaller than most and tend to be a bit quite, which is just fine with us. Buffet is pretty standard fare, nothing to write home about. It's convenient if you don't want to go out.

Room Tip: North tower has premium rooms with pillow top beds.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!