My wife and I decided this year to bring two of our cats with us to Vegas for our Christmas vacation. It was difficult to find a pet friendly hotel that we liked, until we found this one. It is definitely very friendly to both pets and patrons.
First, there is no pet fee, no resort fee, and no deposit required for pets. All you have to do is sign a form saying that you are responsible for any damage, that they can call you if your pets are disturbing others, and they can move you if the deem it necessary. No problem for us. Our cats are quiet. There were many dogs there, some quite large. I wish they had a place for the dogs to go to the bathroom. It is a bit unsettling to go to the pool area and see piles of dog poop all over the place.
The front desk staff is amazing. Very friendly, helpful, and informative. There is also a shuttle to the strip that they run, although there might be a 90 minute delay for picking you back up if it is busy. There are laundry facilities on the second and third floors, and elevators for you to use. Soap can be purchased at the front desk.
The breakfast is minimal, but enough. Cereal, toast, coffee, juice, milk, a waffle station, bagels, hard boiled eggs are available. Coffee is there all day and night.
The housekeeping staff is awesome. We have 2 special needs cats who need to be fed and medicated at certain times. We asked the housekeepers to come early and do our room first so we could plan the rest of the day for the cats. They were there promptly and without fuss. They were happy to help, and this made our trip that much easier.
The hotel is near the strip, although I would still take a car. It is also near Walgreen's, Target, and other shopping centers if you don't want to pay the prices on the Strip.
The only negative that we experienced were the key cards. We had to have them rekeyed 4 times during our stay, which was very inconvenient. I think they need to invest in some new key cards, as the ones we used were very worn. The front desk had no problem doing it, it was just a hassle to walk all the way to the lobby and back to get the key redone. The only good thing about that walk is that you can do it all inside the hotel. All the hallways are connected.
We didn't know if we would be able to have a good time in Vegas with our cats in a smaller hotel than we were used to. The rooms were surprisingly larger than we expected, and the bathroom was fine, although the tub was worn, but clean. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. It was a better than expected experience, and we will definitely be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mission-style non-gaming Hotel in classic, 3-story Southwestern-style building with central courtyard; offers airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Ctr Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Ctr
- La Quinta Las Vegas
- Las Vegas La Quinta