For what we received during this visit, we got a lot for what we paid: free shuttles, free breakfast, free wireless internet/cable in the room, comfortable beds, and large room.
Shuttles: We only had to wait about twenty minutes at the Las Vegas Airport for our free shuttle to La Quinta. The van that picked us up was not the usual shuttle - it was difficult to get into the van without a step. Thank goodness for the regular shuttle's return the second day of our four day stay! The free shuttle to the convention center was on the top of the hour, and upon request when we wanted to return to the hotel - this was perfect for our schedule. When we wanted to go to the strip, it didn't take long to get a shuttle to Harrah's. The shuttles are 24/7, but when we wanted to return to the hotel after 11PM, instead of the shuttle, we were advised to take a cab - and our fare was reimbursed when we provided the receipt. We only paid for the tip, which we paid gladly to the cab driver and each of our shuttle drivers.
Breakfast: One of the three mornings we were able to actually eat in the dining area. Unfortunately, twice we had to eat in our room since all the tables were occupied. We slept in one morning, and found the food had been cleared when we entered the dining area - service stopped at 9, and it was 9:15. However, on this one morning, the young woman cleaning the area found us yogurt, bread, peanut butter and jellies, and some tea bags and cocoa. Due to her efficiency, we had a good to great breakfast every morning. The food is plentiful and delicious. We especially enjoyed the wheat bread! The waffle maker is the busiest area, so get there early to get the hot and tasty waffles!
Wireless access & television: The internet can be slow, but it is available and free. At times, we could not get on, but after a few minutes we could access our mail and programs. When we watched television, we had plenty of channels to choose from. The only downside was CBS: we could see it, but couldn't hear it. We don't think it was the television or service, but it was a minor problem.
Last year, our room faced the parking lot. This year, our view was so much nicer - the courtyard with the pool and jacuzzi and garden. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, and most everything worked: microwave, refrigerator, plumbing, radio/alarm clock, television. The jacuzzi tub was relaxing, but the jets did not work. I really didn't need them, though. We did not request room service - didn't need it. Last year, it was excellent, but why have it if you don't need it. The staff at the front desk was personable and efficient, and two of the three shuttle drivers were friendly and talkative. We stayed Sunday to Thursday, so we avoided the loud, partying visitors that we encountered last year. This visit was quiet and pleasant. Yes, it is an older location, but all of the amenities and personnel make up for the wrinkles!
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Ctr
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Ctr Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Ctr Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Las Vegas
- Las Vegas La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mission-style non-gaming Hotel in classic, 3-story Southwestern-style building with central courtyard; offers airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Booking.com, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.