“Not bad - weird way to get to the Hotel though” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jockey Club

You added Jockey Club to your Saves list
Jockey Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #54 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ABQ
“Not bad - weird way to get to the Hotel though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

First of all, I have to say that the timeshare presentation was mostly OK, but sales guy was a bit too pushy for my taste. I knew it was part of the deal, but I am already an owner, so why spoil the deal? First time we stayed there though, and room was nice as I expected. A suite/condo with everything updated and working. TV, microwave, full oven, couches, two TVs, Full size refrigerator. Nice room and super quiet. No complaints at all about the room. Getting there is crazy though. Enter through the Cosmopolitan garage, special level for Jockey Club. The find the Jockey Club elevators. Go up to special Jockey Club floors that also access Cosmo floors. Then walk across a garage area being refurbished to the entrance. Registration is an unmarked section, but easy to see what it is. Then walk across outside to the second "tower" (very small tower) and another set of elevators to our room. Not really exhausting, buy very confusing for awhile for us older folks. People were mostly OK. Didn't have any problems with room, or cleaning, or check in or check out. It is a short and convenient walk to various attractions and other casinos in the area. The hotel is a tiny thing compared and dwarfed by its neighbors. It is Las Vegas, and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing North in the Ascot tower. We were in the other one (Derby?) and had a view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. We have shared your comments regarding your experience during your presentation with the Geo Holiday Sales representative. We are pleased that your expectations were met for your first stay with us. We are tiny compared to the surrounding mega resorts and it is confusing on how to get around at first. Our daily goal is to provide a home away from home, smack in the middle of all that fabulous Las Vegas has to offer. We look forward to your next visit.

Jockey Club Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The condo we had definitely needs updating....had very tired furnishings, gray carpet and all lamps needed higher-intensity bulbs. But, it had a magnificent view of the Bellagio fountains, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean/updated. Housekeeping was efficient and friendly. We wanted a place with a refrigerator (hotels charge $25 per day for one) and knew ahead of time that we would not be staying in luxury and that was OK with us. When we checked-in, we were told that we could show up at a certain time for a T/S tour which we ignored and it was never mentioned again and we were never hassled. Location is GREAT!! Nestled between the Cosmo and Bellagio with dedicated Jockey parking on level B3 of the Cosmo's garage. Want to gamble or go clubbing? Push a Jockey garage elevator button and it opens onto the Cosmo's casino floor....super fast and now you get a sense of the luxury that the JC lacks. When leaving the Cosmo, just remember that the Jockey elevator is behind the Monopoly slot machines and in seconds you're back at your condo. Love it! Would definitely stay here again.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location and the Housekeeping services. There are several privately owned condominiums throughout the Jockey Club that rent out nightly, weekly, monthly and long term that are on an independent maintenance and remodel schedule than the Timeshare suites. For future visits you may check out our web-site jockeyclubvegas.com. The pictures and information displayed there are what you would receive should you decide to book through our web-site. We appreciate all of the information that you shared with your fellow Trip Advisor travelers and we look forward to your next visit.

Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Jockey Club in September for three nights. It is perfectly situated between the Bellagio and the Cosmopolitan Hotels right on the Strip. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. The floor on which we stayed is being renovated, although, we couldn't see why. It's perfect the way it is.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location on the strip. We are glad to learn that you felt that you room was spacious, beautifully decorated and most important comfortable. Thank you for your kind comments. The Jockey Club will be celebrating forty years in business April, 2014. We do our best as budget permits to make repairs and replacements to maintain the property. We hope to see you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visited Las Vegas in 9/20-9/24/13. We exercise every am. We walked the strip each morning before the heat set in. One morning, we were approached by a young man trying to get us to sign up for the Jockey Club Time Share presentation. He offered a 3 day 2 night stay in Vegas, 2 tickets to an X-rated hypnotist, 2 tickets to a comedy show, 200$ voucher for gambling, lunch at a Brazilian restaurant, and a 200$ food voucher. We thought this was too good to be true. He never clarified what restaurants, shows, or where we would stay for 3 days 2 nights. He was very pushy and he said it would be 1 hour tops. He told us just to say no to all the offers and we still get the gifts at the end. We decided to go for because we wanted to come back to Vegas and if we didn't have to pay for a hotel that would be the bonus. Well we sat thru a 1.5 hour presentation, 15 min tour, then sat with a sales manager for about a 1/2 hour. We kept saying no because truly there was no deal. BIG SCAM. They then escorted us to another room and sat us with another person with an other sales pitch. After that person, we sat down with the last person which took about another 1 hour. I finally said I just want my gifts. They handed us 2 x 100 game vouchers for Casino Royal (which actually are slot machines that don't pay out/practice machines if you can believe that). The restaurant vouchers were for restaurants.com. You have to call an 1800# and some restaurants (not on the strip) give you coupons. So nothing there. We never got the 3 day 2 night stay and the tickets to the shows were quite frankly small venue shows with bad reviews. The 'free" lunch at the brazilian restaurant ended up being miles away from the strip and down a road that was actually closed due to construction. What a waste of time. I was so angry that I wasted 4 hours of my time. DO NOT be scammed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We have taken the liberty of sharing your review comments and experience with the management team of Geo Holiday. We would recommend for you to contact Geo Holiday Sales management as we are confident that a solution to the gifts offered would be made to your satisfaction.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Jockey Club during my LV stay for a professional meeting. I had shopped around for nearby accommodations, as the daily rates & add-ons of the conference hotel were high. And with so many restaurants, shops, & casinos nearby, I didn't care about the presence of those on the property. What's most important to me as a frequent business traveler, is a larger room/suite that allows me to work comfortably, store or prepare snacks or small meals, has strong, reliable internet access, and open fitness facilities access (not 7 AM - 10 PM). I was a bit leery about prepaying for the entire stay, but my employer agreed, since the lower cost included add-ons.
But then I read reviews about rooms with a poor view and dropped Wifi, so I held my breath when I arrived. Upshot: The furnishings were clean and updated, the kitchen was well-stocked for preparing meals, the bed was comfortable, the HVAC worked well, the bathroom was comfortable & had necessary amenities, the room was SUPER quiet, housekeeping was excellent, the elevators were speedy, the fitness facility was open 24/7 with equipment that was modern & functional, the hospitality area's popcorn, coffee, DVDs, & computer access for printing boarding passes was terrific, the view from my room was terrific, & I must have been located next to a router, as the wifi was strong and reliable.:-)
I was never approached for a time-share spiel, for whatever reason. I enthusiastically recommend JC, & would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: derby tower, but with so much to do in LV, probably not a huge issue
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that all that the Jockey Club has to offer met your specific needs. We appreciate all of the details that you have shared with your fellow Trip Advisor travelers. Our favorite part is that you enthusiastically recommend the JC and would stay with us again in a heartbeat. We anxiously await your next visit.

Jockey club Management
Fowler, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have to say I was actually surprised by this one, the location is great you can walk to just about any casino on the strip from here. The staff was nice, but I did totally avoid the timeshare desk, they try to reel you in with a drawing ticket they give you at check in, and as you walk by they call you over to drop off your ticket, I just told them we had a long drive and I really want to get unpacked! There is no bar or casino on this property but you only have to walk right out the doors and you are surrounded by many. I asked for a stair accessible room because I don't do elevators and got just what I asked for. The pool area looked very nice although we did not use the pool. The housekeeping was a little lax to me, didn't pick up any towels left on the floor. My only warning is and really we should have known better, but my sister left 40.00 in the room, although she did tuck it in the safe underneath the felt liner in the safe, but didn't lock the safe, which by the way was in the huge closet. Came back to our room after it was somewhat cleaned and the money was gone! I hate to point fingers but what are we to think, there was no reason to go in the closet unless you were looking to rummage through people's stuff! I did tell security and filled out a report but that was that. All in all I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind a little dated and time share presentations going on all around you. It didn't really bother us and if you were on a higher floor you might not notice as much as we did on the lower floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location and staff. A polite, “No, thank you!” is all it takes when not interested in participating in a timeshare presentation with Geo Holiday. It is true we do not have a bar or restaurants but, many terrific night spots are just a few steps away. We’re glad that we could accommodate a lower floor and are happy to learn that you thought the pool area looked nice although you were unable to use it. We are not pleased to learn that your Housekeeping service was lax. The rule is, towels left hanging are not exchanged as we do make an effort to conserve water. Towels on the floor or left in the basket provided are to be changed and for this we apologize. It is unacceptable that the $40 your sister left in the unlocked safe is missing. The Jockey Club Housekeeping team are for the most part an extended family who have all worked here for many years and have been known to turn in large amounts of cash, cameras, Ipads, diamond rings, etc. While we understand wanting to point fingers, most of our owners and guests have misplaced items that they have claimed to be lost or stolen and have phoned us once they arrive back home to inform us that they have found the missing item. We assure you that we will take this opportunity to evaluate our team members and apologize for your extremely unusual experience.

El Paso, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here two nights and were very happy with our stay. We had a wonderful view of the strip and the Bellagio fountains (you can faintly hear the water cannons). The room was nice and renovated and was very large with a full kitchen. It was also impeccably clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The were some things I did not like, but overall and they were minor. First there was the hard sell to sign up for a timeshare presentation (we were not at all interested in sitting through a two hour presentation during our weekend getaway), they would not allow us early check-in or late check-out (although they did store our luggage for free), and having to go from the lobby to the second floor and walk through the corridor to the rear tower and then take another elevator to the room.

The location of the hotel is the best part. Once you walk out of the hotel to Las Vegas Blvd. the Deuce stop is right there to take you anywhere on the strip you want. You can also walk across the street to the Planet Hollywood or next door to the Bellagio (there's a free monorail to the Montecarlo and City Center).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We appreciate your review. We were pleased to learn that you were very happy with your two night stay with us. Our Housekeeping team takes great pride in keeping the property clean. We have shared your comments regarding the hard sell to take a timeshare presentation with the management of Geo Holiday. We do check-in early and allow for late check-outs whenever possible. September and October are very busy months for us. Most days we have as many guests departing as we have arriving leaving us a very short period of time each day to properly clean each suite for the next guest. We are glad that you enjoyed our central location and ease of getting to where you want to be and hope that you will consider staying with us whenever visiting Las Vegas.

Jockey Club Management

Been to Jockey Club? Share your experiences!