“Best location with comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jockey Club

Save Saved
You added Jockey Club to your Saves list
Jockey Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #71 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best location with comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel is not what you'll expected. Have no casino nor shinning lights but it is all you need in Vegas! BEST LOCATION, LARGE AND COMFORTABLE ROOMS, mini-market included, parking included and you can use Cosmopolitan pool.This is my second time and it will not be the last

Room Tip: ask for a room with Balagio view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your review! We are pleased that you enjoy our location and the large and comfortable rooms for the second time. Our favorite part is that it won’t be you last. We are looking forward to your third visit. Take care!

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have nothing but good memories of my stay here. Right on the strip, you don't need to rent a car, easily accessible by the local bus service. Walking distance from the various resorts on the Strip. Very courteous staff at the reception, concierge desk, house keeping. We would put a privacy please sign on the door and before the house keeping staff left for the day they would call and confirm whether we are sure we don't need any cleaning done or need any supplies. Have never seen such service anywhere. They don't have a in-suite washer dryer, but it was a very minor inconvenience to us. No complains about the rooms, the kitchen, or the washroom. They have a small safe in the walk in closet which was a big bonus. Needless to say, me and my family had a wonderful trip to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: I had called and requested a room with a view and that is what I got. Could see the Bellagio water f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! How wonderful that you have nothing but good memories of your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location and easy access to the bus service and walking distance to all the surrounding sights. We appreciate your mentioning the staff. You are the first guest that has mentioned the Privacy service that our Housekeeping provides, thank you! Most of all we appreciate that you and your family had a wonderful trip to Vegas. We hope to see you again soon.

West Linn, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The first room I was assigned faced the Cosmopolitan and my bedroom was right next to their air-conditioning units so it was very loud; I called the front desk and they moved me to a North facing room. The rooms are huge, but are inconsistent (privately owned) and could really use some updating. The bulbs in my lights were so dim they were almost useless, the TV gave off more light. Heater did something one day to make my whole room smell of cigarettes (Yech!); luckily it dispelled in a few hours.

Nice to have a full kitchen and living room. Also nice to connect to the Cosmopolitan for their pools and facilities. Parking is close and easy to get to and from your car. Big room with lots of amenities. Great location. Free Popcorn and Movie rentals. Convenience Store in lobby.

Room Tip: Get a north facing room so you have a view of the Belagio Fountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that the Resort Desk was able to contact the private owner to move you to a view room. The privately owned condo’s are not maintained on the same schedule as the timeshare suites and some may be in need of renovation. You may visit our web-site at jockeyclubvegas.com which would provide an opportunity to rent directly through the Jockey Club since many of the timeshare owners place their ownership for rent. We apologize for the mishap you experienced with the heating and air condition unit that is unusual. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the amenities and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I HAVE to assume that we just got unlucky with the dates of our stay (8/12 - 8/15) and therefore I have still given this property a rating of 4. The noise was NON-STOP all day long. It started before 7am and two of the nights when we got back around 1am it was still going on. (but did end shortly after that) Huge cranes, many large semi trucks, very large forklifts, 5 industrial size dumpsters that were filled and emptied multiple times per day. Of course EVERY TIME they go backwards, all you here is BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. We generally stay out until 1am, come back for a nightcap in the room, and then sleep until 10ish. Not on this trip. I need a couple of days to catch up from my lack of sleep. We were on the ninth floor of an 11 story property and it was still impossible to sleep after 6:30 am. We were in the west "derby" tower. The east "ascot" tower MAY have been far enough away, but this was happening right below us on the Bellagio property. I wish we wouldn't have worked so hard to get a room with a view of the fountains as I would rather have looked at the block wall on the other side of the building if I would have been able to sleep. Based on the fact that I haven't really seen this complaint in other reviews, I have to assume we were just unlucky with our dates and they were doing some construction work that will hopefully be completed soon.
OK, now for the review. We are not your typical travelers to Las Vegas. We are locals and were doing a little "staycation" to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We booked through hotels.com, and you need to be aware that if you do it at a website, you are not really booking through the hotel and will not get the "regular" hotel rooms. If you go through the site, you end up getting one of a bank of 29 rooms that are owned by a private party. Having said that, we arrived and the other company had pre-assigned us to a room facing the block wall. They gave me a number to call and I was able to secure a room facing the fountains. In all honesty, we never even saw them from the room at night because we were never in the room while the shows were still scheduled to take place. So for us, I wouldn't put much effort into trying to get the better view as the view is from your bedroom window, and we left mid afternoon and didn't return until after midnight. The room itself was very nice for the price. I love having the extra space, and since we are locals, we were able to bring supplies for breakfast, lunch, and snacks at various times in the full kitchen that is provided. I don't know how it compared to the "regular" rooms not purchased at an outside website, but it seemed to be remodeled fairly recently. The cabinets, flooring, furnishings, etc were all nice. Big walk in closet in the bedroom. Only thing that looked really dated was the "box" type tv in the bedroom, but there was a flatscreen in the living area. As many mentioned, the parking situation is really confusing the first time, and I had already been in the Cosmo parking lot once before. Once you figure it out, it isn't that bad. As many have mentioned, the pool is basically in the shade after 11am. It is a nice clean area, but if you are looking for a pool party scene, this isn't the pool for you. There were always lots of loungers available when I went by, so that is nice if you just want to relax by the pool without booming music and a bunch of partying. I never went to the Cosmo pool, so I can't comment on it. I like properties that don't have casinos, and this fits the bill. It is just nice to get away from the constant noise and traffic for a while when you decide to call it a night. I guess I will sum it up with the fact that if you are looking for a quiet, clean, spacious place that has a full kitchen in a VERY nice location, then for what you pay, you get a lot on this property. As a local, I definitely plan on returning. I would have given it a 5 if not for the pool in the shade, and the noise that we encountered. Not a high end luxury place, but a 5 mainly for the value and location. Next time, I am packing a few steaks as there are several stainless steel grills at the pool level.

Room Tip: Rooms that face North have a nice view of the Bellagio fountains. Rooms that face south have a view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review! We apologize for our noisy neighbors and your lack of sleep. These Mega Resorts keep adding amazing things so we stay interested in visiting them over and over. We agree that back up beepers must be in the top 5 of most annoying things. The good news is that it is a temporary situation. The bad news is we never know when it is going to take place. We have requested on numerous occasions to be informed of the projects that our neighbors have scheduled which has been communicated 20% of the time at best. They all have good intentions while doing a very big job. It is true there are privately owned condos that rent out nightly, weekly, monthly and long term that are listed on the internet for rent. These apartments are not managed or maintained by the timeshare association. The Jockey Club timeshare does have a web-site jockeyclubvegas.com where you may connect directly with the Club for rental nights. We Love staycations and Happy Anniversary!!! Yes, the company that owns the suite in which you stayed is a privately owned condominium and we are aware that they have an ongoing improvement schedule as their budget permits, such as updating the electronics. We love that as a local that you have definite plans for a return visit. Our grills are ready for those steaks, hope to see you soon.

Galloway NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I traveled to the Jockey Club for a week's vacation August 3rd-10th. Needless to say we were impressed with the rooms, location and overall quality of service we received from the staff. Jockey Club is attached to the Cosmopolitan Casino, next to the Bellagio and directly across from Planet Hollywood. I thought the location was perfect right in the middle and not to far to walk most places (if you are a walker of course.) We stayed in one bedroom suites that were beautifully renovated. Every employee I talked to had a smile on their face and were happy to help in any way they could.

Only complaint, it is a timeshare and directly behind the front desk is a marketing counter so be careful you don't get sucked in if timeshare is not what you are looking for. My mom started talking to one of the marketing counter employees and lured her in with the idea of getting free show tickets, of course you have to go on a "short 90minute presentation" to get the tickets. When I suggested we think on it and come back the woman chased us out the front door continuing to talk about the show tickets and buffet tickets. It was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with the rooms, location and overall quality of service. We have shared with the team your comments regarding everyone that you came in contact with had a smile and were happy to help. We apologize for your experience at the concierge desk and have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with their management so they may improve their service for the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in February for a long weekend on the strip. We had a one bedroom suite. It is a great room and location and you cannot beat the price. It was clean and the kitchen was perfect for relaxed breakfasts. Pool is small but, it is ON the strip. The parking area shares an elevator with the Cosmo so you can get to the Cosmo casino without even going outside.

Drawbacks - It is a timeshare so you have to avoid getting sucked into their gimmicks. Also, I feel sorry for the Jockey Club because the Cosmo is totally consuming the surrounding space with a towering monolith. Make sure you ask for a room with a view.

Save money by staying at the Jockey Club. That way you can blow it all on gambling and strip clubs instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Bellagio.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to know that you thought your room was great, you enjoyed the location and felt the price for your stay could not be beat. While we are truly snuggled by our beautiful neighbor most feel that the pros far out way the cons. As far as the timeshare presentations go, it is your choice to participate or not. This should not detour your decision to stay with us as a polite “No, Thank You” will do. We hope that you will be stay with us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Conveniently located right of the strip, small pool but guest have access to the bamboo pool at the Cosmopolitan! Suites have a kitchen, allows you cook your own meals and save $$. Neighboring hotels/Casino Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Planet Hollywood, Paris!!! Adorable and good costumer service.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our location, our beautiful views and the affordability. We hope that you will consider that Jockey Club whenever visiting fabulous Las Vegas.

Jockey Club Management

Been to Jockey Club? Share your experiences!