“Location Perfect for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jockey Club

You added Jockey Club to your Saves list
Jockey Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #58 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Australind, Australia
“Location Perfect for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Fantastic location, huge apartment, friendly helpful staff. Valet parking is a bargain at $5/24 hours so we didn't even bother trying to find the mythical elevator! Complimentary DVD and popcorn and games for the kids, also had craft hours for the kids. Would recommend doing some research on where you want to go in Vegas / restaurants to eat before you arrive as it is quite overwhelming kind of a place. With kids the Jungle cafe at MGM is great. Recommend booking rooms direct, it was easily 10 - 20% cheaper than all other quoted and some discount Vegas mob own 29 suites here that aren't booked through Jockey Club seem to be through the big sites eg Expedia. We stayed in an unrefurbished room which was tired but still functional.

Room Tip: Best equipped kitchen apartment we stayed in. Beautiful view of the strip and fountain.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Middlesex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Thanks in large part to the reviews we'd read on Trip Advisor, we recently stayed at the Jockey Club on a trip with friends to Las Vegas. We wanted to stay on the Strip but didn't want to pay the exorbitant prices at the really posh places. We also had three adults and two small children and wanted to get a room that could accommodate everyone. Enter the Jockey Club. We got a two bedroom, two bath suite with kitchen (including a dishwasher, microwave, and stove), dining area, and living room, for less than half the cost of a room at most of the other places. The Jockey Club doesn't have a casino - I think it's a bunch of timeshares - but it feels just like a hotel, complete with (very friendly) housekeepers who come every day (if you want them to; otherwise just put out the "do not disturb" sign) and valet parking (if you want it). Our suite was very nicely decorated and quite comfortable. There were a couple of pamphlets in the room on timeshares, but other than that there was nothing in the way of a sales pitch whatsoever.

I had read some reviews of how confusing the layout is, and while I would agree that's fairly true when you first get there, after you ask for directions once it's pretty easy to get to the same places again, be it the parking garage or the Cosmopolitan. I had also read some reviews of how terrible the views can be, and maybe it's because I was forewarned, but it didn't bother me. All of our windows had a view of the side of the Cosmo, which actually made it very private! (that part of the Cosmo doesn't have windows) Our friends who had a lovely room at the Bellagio had a view of the parking lot there, so sometimes you just don't get a good view. That certainly wasn't our main reason for coming to Vegas, and didn't bother me in the least.

Speaking of the Cosmo, we got full use of their Bamboo Pool. I don't know if we could have used the others, but we had a small child with us and they said that was their most family-friendly. The pool was amazing - a great place for lounging for hours and with a bar on two ends. It was also very convenient to go to the Cosmo for dinner - we did that twice - and the casino, and the Jockey Club is also next door to the Bellagio and across the street from Planet Hollywood and its Miracle Mile of shopping.

I felt like we were the smartest travelers on the Strip because we got a great room for a really great price (my friend who booked it found that the price available directly through the Jockey Club's website was about half of that on the so-called discount sites, so be sure to check the official website), while still getting to use the amenities of the surrounding high-end resorts. Great buy!

Room Tip: Check the Jockey Club's website for the best deals
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here for a couple nights and enjoyed the stay. The property is in a good location along the strip, although rather set back from the strip and is hard to spot sitting amongst the over towering Cosmopolitan casino and hotel directly next door (literally next door...only a few feet separate the 2 properties).

The room I stayed in was a one bedroom suite and included a full size refrigerator, kitchen with stove, sink, dishwasher, oven, microwave, and a full set of utensils for cooking and eating. The bedroom and bathroom in this suite unit were sectioned off from the rest of the room, so not a standard hotel room by any means. There was a tv in the living room (another in the bedroom) along with a boom box for the music lovers. Outside of the decor of the room (horse motifs and the dark colors and patterns on the living room furniture....just not my personal style) I was satisfied with the overall quality of the room. The bed was a lot less firm than what I am used to, but it served its purpose and above all else, it was clean.

This location is a time share property and although for my stay I was not required to do a tour or sit through a presentation, you may see others getting the sales pitch depending on where your room is located. My room just happened to be on the second floor and right down the hall from where the presentations and tours take place.

Having access to The Cosmopolitan right next door is a big plus. The only real negative comment I have relates to the walkway pedestrians have to use to enter and exit the Jockey Club. It is better than no walkway at all, but it would be nice if somehow there could be a walkway built to connect the Jockey Club with the Cosmopolitan for easier access to both the strip and taxis.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We are the type of couple who like to vacation and spend time at a resort. We like to relax and lounge around the pool etc, So, the first time we went to the Jockey Club in Vegas was about 5 years ago. We got a pretty nice room-fully equipped kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom and bath. But we weren't totally impressed with the pool etc. We were hoping for a resort stay. This really isn't the place for that.

That said, LOCATION is the biggest asset to the Jockey Club: located on Las Vegas Blvd between the Bellagio and the (new) Cosmopolitan, and across the street from Planet Hollywood and Paris--the Jockey Club is PERFECT for those who want to explore Vegas. Aside from getting from the airport (a shuttle gets your a roundtrip for under $20 per person) you can walk, take the bus, or ride the monorail almost anyplace you want to go for very little money.

The Jockey Club is 11 stories high, and until they built the Cosmopolitan, your room had a pretty nice view of the strip. The Cosmpolitan is 57 stories high, and the Bellagio isn't much less than that too. You will have NO VIEW whatsoever, if that is important to you.

The units are being redecorated, and ours was one of the newly done ones--and I really liked it. We were comfortable there. It had everything you needed, including 2 flat screen tv's--one in the living room and the other in the bedroom.

I am pretty sure all the units are the same--2 queen beds in the big bedroom and a bathroom off the bedroom. I don't think the couch makes out into a bed, but you could ask.

The maids come for a daily pick up of your towels, dispose of your trash, and will make your bed. They do a mid-week cleaning, which you can schedule. They freshen up the room and put new linens on the bed.We appreciated that a lot.

Bed is comfortable, maid service good, all requests we had were taken care of quickly, and all communications we had with the desk etc. were courteous and fast.

BIGGEST DOWNSIDE: before the Cosmopolitan was built, you could see the Jockey Club from the street--you parked in the parking lot and walked in. Now there's really no outside entrance. It's basically engulfed by the Cosmpolitan and unless you know it's there, you won't see it. They've made access to the place and parking very hard until you've done it a couple of times. They have given the B3 level for Jockey Club members. You have to figure our which elevators go to the Jockey Club. If not, you wander around the Cosmopolitan with your suitcases until someone takes pity on you and steers you to the correct elevators
For those who are driving, you can only turn in to the Jockey Club going southbound on Las Vegas Blvd (next right after the Bellagio parking entrance). It looks like an alley, Go about 200 feet and turn left into the parking structure and go to B3. The reason I mention this is that Las Vegas Blvd, is insane, especially at night. You will have to go past the Jockey Club, turn left onto Flamingo and do an illegal u-turn (people do it) to get back onto Las Vegas Blvd. in order to turn into the Jockey Club. Make sure you are not in the right-most lane, as that's a Bellagio-turn only lane.

So, if you want to "do Vegas" and want location---Jockey Club is great. The unit itself is great. Staff is great. Pool is ok., No restaurant, but there is a mini-market onsite. They do have shuttles to take you to the store etc
Initially finding it and then figuring out parking and getting to the correct elevator for the first couple of times is the worst.

If you do exchange, they always seem to have weeks available. No problems with getting the time you need..

We had a car and spent most of our time outside of the strip area and we enjoyed our trip to Vegas. Maybe we'll go again in five years!

Room Tip: There's no views available now--look out onto concrete walls. Just know that. There isn't a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Jockey club is located between the Belagio and The Cosmopolitan. This is a great location for exploring the strip. The One bedroom condo that we had faced the fountains at the Belagio, giving us a great view of the strip. The rooms were very nice with a full kitchen. The pool at the Jockey Club has been sun blocked by the new Cosmopolitan tower next door, so the visitors to the Jockey Club were allowed to use the facilities at the Cosmopolitan. This agreement between the properties gave us a great pool and lounge area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors facing the Belagio
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were meant to stay at the Luxor, but having 3 kids they rejected us. Luckily we found The Jockey Club instead. This place was such a find. We had our own apartment which we hadn't expected - huge master bedroom, another double room, lounge with TV, DVD and stereo, dining room 2 bathrooms - the kitchen had a dishwasher, mircowave - good for self catering. We walked out the front door of hotel right onto the Bellagio. Internet was free, great to have a coin laundry service (essential when you are travelling with kids!). Staff were really nice. Next time would love a room with views of the Bellagio fountain. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Service was okay, I didn’t have any problems with my reservation. I arrived at 2 pm and my room wasn’t ready, I just had to come back at 4 pm which is the offical check in time.

The location is perfect, between the Bellagio and the Cosmopolitan and the strip bus stop is right there. The Jockey Club doesn’t have a casino, but there’s an elevator by the pool that takes you to the Cosmopolitan casino. It’s like a secret passage that takes you to a whole different world.

I have read mixed reviews for this hotel and wasn’t sure what to expect.

It was a long walk from the front desk to my room. I had to go up to the second floor, walk through a large corridor and get on a different set of elevators. There’s and old vibe through the corridor because of the old carpet and the facilities in general.

So I get to my room. The good side is that it was spacious, it had an equiped kitchen and, fortunately, the room was clean.

The downside, the furniture in the living room was really old. The armchair had a filthy look, I think it would be better if they just took it out from there.

I’ve read about rooms facing the concrete wall. When I read those reviews I thought, how bad could it really be? Well, it is bad. The concrete wall means no daylight. Entering the bedroom was just depressing. The concrete wall, the old carpet, the old TV, the bad lighting. It’s really not the feeling you want on a holiday.

I don’t recommend this hotel, there are plenty of choices in Vegas, but if you are still considering staying here I would highly recommend to secure a renovated room with view to the Bellagio. I don’t know if that’s possible, but it’s the only way I think staying here would be worthed.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room with view to the Bellagio
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Jockey Club? Share your experiences!