“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Jockey Club!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jockey Club

You added Jockey Club to your Saves list
Jockey Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #59 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dexter, MI
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Jockey Club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Jockey Club many times and I love coming back here. Even better, the experience keeps improving with every visit!

The addition of the Cosmopolitan immediately attached to the Jockey Club is terrific. Granted, having a parking lot there was a nice feature, too, but that was a long time ago. We suffered through the construction but the construction is completed now. The underground parking is fantastic, with extremely easy access off of Harmon Avenue directly between the Cosmopolitan and City Center. The parking underground is on B3 and the Jockey Club elevator can be hard to find at first. Once you know where it is the parking is tremendous with easy access to the Jockey Club and to the Cosmopolitan. Literally, there is a private elevator entrance to the casino.

One thing I have always enjoyed is the tremendous amount of space in the Jockey Club suites. It is liek having an apartment on the Strip! It is terrific to be able to bring leftovers home from restaurants and put them in the refrigerator, as well as being able to stop at the local grocery store and grab a case of water and some snacks. I have never really cooked a big meal in Vegas, but you could with the kitchen. There are grills available on the pool deck, too, if you want to barbeque. The suites are being renovated now and the newly renovated rooms include flat screen TVs and new room decor and lighting. There is brand new furniture and all the updates are terrific. I have been in some of the hotel rooms at some of the nicer hotels and cannot believe people pay more than I do for a room a quarter of the size with none of the amenities.

The location simply cannot be beat. As I mentioned, there is a direct connection to the Cosmopolitan. The Bellagio is next door, Planet Hollywood and Paris are across the street, and all 3 are within a 5 minute walk. City Center and Mote Carlo are to the south of the Cosmo and Caesars, Bally's, and Flamingo are to the north, all about a 10 minute walk. MGM, Excalibur, New York New York, Mirage, and a number of other casinos are also within walking distance.

There is the possibility of having a wall view when staying at the Jockey Club due to the Cosmopolitan being directly next door. I believe these are the last suites they staff fills. I had a wall view just last week when I was there. It can be an issue with some people, but you also have to remember the value that goes along with the price and features offered. If it is a huge concern, ask yourself how important the view really is for you and how much time you will spend in the room looking out the window. If it is still an issue, it is probably best to look somewhere else for a room.

There are a few other features of staying at the Jockey Club:
* They have computers downstairs for use by any guests. I used the computer to print my boarding pass last trip. WiFi is available throughout and in the suites.
* There is a hospitality suite where there are books, games, and DVDs to check out at no charge. They even have a popcorn machine for a night in with a movie. I have (on longer trips) decided to spend a night in to recharge my batteries and the DVDs are a nice feature.
* There is a pool, fitness room, sauna, and whirlpool. The pool is shadowed by the Cosmopolitan, but the whirlpool is indoors. The fitness center is pretty good with 8-10 machines and a few cardio machines.
* A limited number of passes to the Cosmopolitan pool are available by request at the front desk.
* There is a shuttle to the local grocery store, but I have never used it and I do not know the schedule.

There is the potential for time share guys to make offers to you, but a firm but polite "no" usually does the trick. If you do not want to participate there is no reason you have to do so. I do nto believe Jockey Club suites are still being sold, although I could be wrong.

Again, I just love staying at the Jockey Club when in Las Vegas, which is usually at least twice a year. For the value and amenities I will not stay anywhere else. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone traveling to Las Vegas and wanting comfortable and affordable accommodations.

Room Tip: Call ahead for a room. Earlier check in is better.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Middleton, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We recently stayed here and so enjoyed our stay. Everyone is so friendly and polite. We stayed in the first tower and had a beautiful view of the strip and the fountains at the Bellegio. This was our 3rd time staying here and we are planning on going back next year. This is so nice because if you want to go take a break from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas you have a living room, kitchen and seperate bedroom to relax in. Not like staying in a hotel with just beds and a chair in a room. I would highly recommend staying here, and the price is right!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The general location of this place is great - getting in and out - the situation of the place - is awful.

The rooms are suites or apartments - which is the ONLY plus side. To get to the hotel it's a trip down an alley type driveway full of construction equipment. The parking is in the Cosmopolitan's garage and getting to the elevator and to the exit is difficult at best.

My biggest rant is that because the Cosmopolitan was built practically abutting the Jockey Club and our room faced the Cosmo - the "view" was of a wall. We couldn't even see the sky to see if it was cloudy or sunny. This all made the room very very dark and half the lamps didn't work.

While we didn't have time to use the pool I don't believe it ever gets sun because of the buildings.

Finally- beware of Mr. Timeshare Shark. We just ignored his offers of freebies.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Western PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Was in Vegas for a week for work, and brought my wife out for 5 of the 7 days. We had called ahead (a few times) to request one of the rooms with a view. We ended up on the 8th floor, looking out over the Bellagio fountains and the Strip. Could not ask for a better location in Vegas.
Staff was helpful and friendly. We had the 1BR with full kitchen and living room, 2 nice TVs, one in each room. Beds were comfy, bathroom was nice. Doors to separate the BR from the living room were great, as my wife gets up early, and she was able to get a lot done on the free Wi-Fi in the morning.
Free (self-park) parking. Very easy to get a cab if you need one. They will call one for you, or just head outside and go left to the Cosmopolitan taxi area.
We didn't use the pool or hot-tub, too many other things to do.
The only downsides (as mentioned by others): difficult to find if you do not know where you are going. Luckily, we read about this and had no issues finding JC on the first try. The only other issue was the sound of construction equipment (being unloaded we assumed) at about 5:30am a few mornings, but it quieted down quickly. The only other issue would be if you really wanted a view, and got one of the rooms that faces the wall of the Cosmopolitan. If not, the view can't be beat!
We are both pretty low maintenance travelers, but we both loved Jockey Club, and will stay here next time we are in Vegas.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

This was a wonderful find! We stayed in a one bedroom on the 8th floor (Out of 10) with an amazing view of the Bellagio fountains. The bed was comfortable and very clean. It has a HUGE walk in closet, a smaller bathroom but fine for the 2 of us. The living room/kitchen/eat in area is perfect. Microwave is weak but the oven and toaster make up for it and are very strong! Refrigerator is good size. Laundry was right down the hallway and a new front loader that held lots of clothes! Free parking that is always available. The hotel is that is is a little difficult to find, but we found it on the first try with warning from other reviews, and the signage isn't the best I have ever seen but by day 2 we new our way around. The only negative is that there is a lot of noise early in the morning with road construction and trucks dropping off product. But this is in a prime spot and we were able to walk to everything!!! Right across from Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Holleywood.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

The pool and spa at the Jockey Club are a huge joke. On the first glance, the pool area was quite nice with nice seating and tables and three very clean grills. However, the sun never shines on the pool...who wants to go to Las Vegas and be in the shade all day?? When my husband politely asked at the front desk when was the best time to get sun at the pool, she got very defensive and about bit his head off. Also, no one under 18 is allowed in the whirlpool. We decided to ignore the sign and take our very well-behaved 11 year old into the whirlpool since we were the ONLY ONES in the entire pool/whirlpool area. In no time a security guard appeared and kicked us out and asked us our room number---Get real Jockey Club---your pool area sucks and was barely used by anyone during our entire stay. Would it really hurt for a well-behaved child to go in the whirlpool with her parents??
We made it clear from the very beginning that we were not interested in the time share and they pretty much left us alone about that for the rest of the stay. Room was fine; the suite with a kitchen was a great option for our family and the price was right. Room was clean and king-sized bed was comfortable although our daughters said the sofa bed was not so comfortable (but they're teenagers--they slept in everyday anyhow!). The hotel shuttle to the grocery store and to the outlet mall were great, totally free and on-time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

If you're standards do not rise above that of a run down Holiday Inn this place would be fine. Unfortunately for the Jockey Club I have traveled quite extensively and stayed in some finer resorts and hotels. My exact words to describe this hotel I could not post.
I am a timeshare owner and traded an ocean front unit at a five star gold crown resort in Cabo San Lucas into the Jockey Club and I recieved a second floor room with a view of the wall of the cosmopolitan and sewer pipes (along with the smell) coming from the first floor of the Jockey Club. I immediately contacted the front desk upon entering the room but was told there was nothing they could do for me. I spent two days trying to contact Lori Elie the "resort manager" but was consistenly told she was out of the office. I finally left a message for her along with my complaints, my room number and cell number but she never bothered to return my call. This place is a dump....the smell of the "mini market" took me back to a mom and pop corner store in Mexico (which I love...IN MEXICO!!) Unfortunately the prices (A six pack of budwieser was $13) were enough to shock me back to reality and realize I was just in a dump in Vegas. The "walkway to the srip"is about 100 yards of a dark smelly alleyway that is used for delivery trucks and apparently time share salesmen that are are ready and willing to take advantage of people leaving the Jockey club who they know are not happy with the place. We were approached in the alley by a guy that worked for another timeshare hotel, apparently the catch phrase is..."how do you like the jockey club" then when you begin to tell them how much it sucks they offer to put you up in their hotel for a mere "90 minute presentation" The concerige for the Jockey Club happened to walk out the door, noticed what was going on and a screaming and yelling match between the two insued, apparently they are well aware of the inferiorities of the Jockey Club (JC) and threatened by losing guests, we just walked away. We tried to go to the "spa" one day to try and maybe salvage something good from this place, we attempted to sit in the jacuzzi but the chlorine level was so high it immediately burned our eyes, we opened the door that encloses the jacuzzi to try to get some fresh air just so we could stay in the room but soon after getting in noticed our skin was either being bleached or chemically burned. (not sure which) We then went to the pool which was cold (mind you the JC is surrounded by tall buildings, or as they like to say "nestled" and barely see's the light of day. The liner of the pool was blue, but the bottom was brown, pretty sure it wasn't made that way, I have seen nicer pools at a holiday inn. The "view" of the Bellagio they tout is only obtained from the top floors on one side of course and I suspect only reserved for those who are most likely to purchase a timeshare from this dump, otherwise you're view is of a wall or the "walkway to the strip"...a dark alley. I'm guessing I got the room I got because I am already a timeshare owner and I declined to attended the "owners meeting" for those of you not familiar, thats where they try to get you to buy another timeshare or upgrade the one you have. The JC should have taken the offer from The Cosmoplitan so they could have been torn it down and made better use of the space.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple