“Bad pool and whirlpool” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jockey Club

You added Jockey Club to your Saves list
Jockey Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #58 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
North Dakota
“Bad pool and whirlpool”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

The pool and spa at the Jockey Club are a huge joke. On the first glance, the pool area was quite nice with nice seating and tables and three very clean grills. However, the sun never shines on the pool...who wants to go to Las Vegas and be in the shade all day?? When my husband politely asked at the front desk when was the best time to get sun at the pool, she got very defensive and about bit his head off. Also, no one under 18 is allowed in the whirlpool. We decided to ignore the sign and take our very well-behaved 11 year old into the whirlpool since we were the ONLY ONES in the entire pool/whirlpool area. In no time a security guard appeared and kicked us out and asked us our room number---Get real Jockey Club---your pool area sucks and was barely used by anyone during our entire stay. Would it really hurt for a well-behaved child to go in the whirlpool with her parents??
We made it clear from the very beginning that we were not interested in the time share and they pretty much left us alone about that for the rest of the stay. Room was fine; the suite with a kitchen was a great option for our family and the price was right. Room was clean and king-sized bed was comfortable although our daughters said the sofa bed was not so comfortable (but they're teenagers--they slept in everyday anyhow!). The hotel shuttle to the grocery store and to the outlet mall were great, totally free and on-time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Evergreen, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

If you're standards do not rise above that of a run down Holiday Inn this place would be fine. Unfortunately for the Jockey Club I have traveled quite extensively and stayed in some finer resorts and hotels. My exact words to describe this hotel I could not post.
I am a timeshare owner and traded an ocean front unit at a five star gold crown resort in Cabo San Lucas into the Jockey Club and I recieved a second floor room with a view of the wall of the cosmopolitan and sewer pipes (along with the smell) coming from the first floor of the Jockey Club. I immediately contacted the front desk upon entering the room but was told there was nothing they could do for me. I spent two days trying to contact Lori Elie the "resort manager" but was consistenly told she was out of the office. I finally left a message for her along with my complaints, my room number and cell number but she never bothered to return my call. This place is a dump....the smell of the "mini market" took me back to a mom and pop corner store in Mexico (which I love...IN MEXICO!!) Unfortunately the prices (A six pack of budwieser was $13) were enough to shock me back to reality and realize I was just in a dump in Vegas. The "walkway to the srip"is about 100 yards of a dark smelly alleyway that is used for delivery trucks and apparently time share salesmen that are are ready and willing to take advantage of people leaving the Jockey club who they know are not happy with the place. We were approached in the alley by a guy that worked for another timeshare hotel, apparently the catch phrase is..."how do you like the jockey club" then when you begin to tell them how much it sucks they offer to put you up in their hotel for a mere "90 minute presentation" The concerige for the Jockey Club happened to walk out the door, noticed what was going on and a screaming and yelling match between the two insued, apparently they are well aware of the inferiorities of the Jockey Club (JC) and threatened by losing guests, we just walked away. We tried to go to the "spa" one day to try and maybe salvage something good from this place, we attempted to sit in the jacuzzi but the chlorine level was so high it immediately burned our eyes, we opened the door that encloses the jacuzzi to try to get some fresh air just so we could stay in the room but soon after getting in noticed our skin was either being bleached or chemically burned. (not sure which) We then went to the pool which was cold (mind you the JC is surrounded by tall buildings, or as they like to say "nestled" and barely see's the light of day. The liner of the pool was blue, but the bottom was brown, pretty sure it wasn't made that way, I have seen nicer pools at a holiday inn. The "view" of the Bellagio they tout is only obtained from the top floors on one side of course and I suspect only reserved for those who are most likely to purchase a timeshare from this dump, otherwise you're view is of a wall or the "walkway to the strip"...a dark alley. I'm guessing I got the room I got because I am already a timeshare owner and I declined to attended the "owners meeting" for those of you not familiar, thats where they try to get you to buy another timeshare or upgrade the one you have. The JC should have taken the offer from The Cosmoplitan so they could have been torn it down and made better use of the space.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

please dont let others past experience deter you from traveling here .I loved it it was beautiful and big ,and fun of fun and excitment right in the middle of everything :) i walked everywhere i kinda felt like a little kid again :) except this time i could drink and gamble hahah . plus there is a good site see's around there area im an out doors girl and man was i happy .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Very lackluster interior, no extras of any kind. Cheap swill passing for complimentary coffee. Harrassed at check-in counter by timeshare salesperson, who gave out the same coupon books that were free in the room as an enticement to take a tour of the premises. At 1 a.m, I was exhausted, and she wanted to set up a sales appt. with a $20.00 non-refundable deposit, just in case I did not show up. NO way! Very irritating!
Impossible to enter the hotel directly from the parking deck without a guide, there are no signs in or out.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Very good service, Lousy view except north facing rooms (Bellagio Fountains)
New Cosmopolitan Casino next door Very nice!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This is not your typical Vegas experience. With large flashy casino resort surrounding this hotel you could almost miss it (and we did -3x times). The sign on the street indicating the location is more like a post stamp and if we did not already know this proerty is in between Bellagio and Cosmopolitian we would never found it. The entrance and parking is shared with the Cosmopolitian hotel and again a scavenger hunt to locate the elevators for the hotel dispite very specific directions from the valet. Logistics aside, this is a very clean and recently remodeled time-share property with a home-y feel. We stayed in a one bedroom, King bed, Queen sofa sleeper and 1 bathroom. The unit had a dining area and full kitchen complete with utensils and dishes. Excellent service, we had called for extra items past 11pm and housekeeping arrived shortly after our request. Our room was refreshed daily which does not always happen in time share properties. Really quiet, we did not hear our neighbors come or go, and the main building offers free DVD movies to take back to your room as well as printing for boarding passes. The only thing I did not like was that guest of the property did not have to use their key card to enter the building, the main entrance has doors that open with motion sensors which I though was wierd because most properties make sure you area guest before you are allowed in the elevators to the guest rooms

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

The Jockey Club has got to be by far the best place I stayed in when I was travelling around America. Tucked in behind some new shopping mall they are still constructing and right beside the Bellagio, this place is a hidden gem. Up until we got to Vegas the 4 people I was travelling with were sharing two double beds at each stop. This place however we managed to get a bed each.

Within the hotel there are two bedrooms, one en suite. It has another shower and toilet facility a living room with two chair beds. Within the living room there is a kitchenette with all the utensils you need and a dining table. Each room had it's own television with independent cable channels.

It was very spacious and very clean. It had it's own swimming pool and gym. It also had a mini mart on the ground floor. They had movie nights with free popcorn and in the mornings they had shuttle buses that went to the outlet malls and a bigger supermarket so you could pick up supplies. All this was included in the cost.

The location as I mentioned before is second to none when you're travelling on a budget. You are practically in the center of all the big casinos and shopping districts. It was really inexpensive as well and exceptional value for money.

I would recommend this location to anyone visiting Las Vegas either on a backpacking tour of the states or extended stay. Families and backpackers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends