“Luggage” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Luggage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010 via mobile

Waited 1.5 hours for luggage to be brought to room. When I called, each time I was told the luggage was readily available and would be brought right up.
The room decor is poor.

• Stayed November 2010

11,688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,626)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kihei, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Unless you stay in one of their updated "Go Rooms". (And even then...I don't recommend it.)   If you do, you'll be hearing my voice!  We originally reserved a Deluxe room for 3 nights.  Before we even got to the room i was nervous due to the smell in the hallways and unbelievably dirty and stained carpets and walls.   When we checked into the room it was like walking into a hotel/motel and nothing like the pictures online lead you to believe. The smell of mold was the first thing that hit us.  The carpet clearly hadn't been vacuumed and was full of dried gum and stains. The king bed was old and uncomfortable looking and the brown comforter at the bottom was untouchable. The bathroom had one of those old yellow plastic shower curtains that was a foot longer than the bottom of the shower.  It was moldy and had pieces of hair on the inside.  No cover on the toilet and the bathroom cabinets with their white chipped paint hadn't been dusted in months.  I ran my hand across the top of the counters and it was gross.  There was a dusty one cup coffee maker, but no coffee or even cups. No ice bucket, no shampoo or anything in the bathroom except 1 bottle of lotion.  It was bad.  We went back downstairs to request a room change and although there were no updated " Go Rooms" available we were switched to a "Suite" at no extra charge.  This was a little cleaner than our first room (and bigger) but still not livable for 3 days.  Dirty, long black pieces of hair, it seemed, were everywhere.  In the mooring we were switched to a "Go Room" for $20 a night more.  (They wanted to charge us $40 per night more, but we were able to talk them down to $20 because the clerk the night before told us that would be the extra charge.). The "Go Room" was definitely more modern and updated, but still dirtier than any room I have stayed in in Vegas.  There are Many more options in Vegas and on the strip for the price.  I've stayed in at least 3 other hotels on the strip and for the same price range that were 200% better.  We will not be staying at the Flamingo again.

minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Stayed Nov 23-26th. I was scared by all the really bad reviews but decided to stay at the Flamingo with my dad anyway. Overall it was better then expected. I first booked a regular room then later upgraded to the GO room on the hotel's web site, I received a really good rate with the "early 25" special. Arrived at 1pm, only a couple people in line, room was ready. Room was on the 17th floor facing the pool, did not try the $20 trick. Room was clean and nice. on some pictures of the Go room there are tub's, our room did not have a tub and it was no big deal to us. There were plenty of elevators by the burger joint (yes the have a burger and fries deal $3.99 at midnight to 6am)and we never waited longer then a minute for them. Maid service was was good and kept the room clean. (we are low maintenance) Did receive a coupon book at check-in, used it for a buy 1 get 1 free to Jubilee, we got great tickets and I highly recommend the show. Check out was easy only 5 people in line and they had 5 people working. OK, yes this is a older hotel, yes some of the carpets in spots look really dirty, the elevators are good. I will admit the elevator at the parking garage was terrible and really beat up. The casino was slightly more smoky then the new casinos but not horrible. Service was good but not outstanding. I would recommend upgrading to the Go room. Hotel has a great central location. Would I stay there again? no because I want to try other hotels in LV but my dad liked it and would stay there again...it does have a "old" LV feel to it......interesting enough there seemed to be a fair amount of families staying there Thanksgiving week...oh yes they do have those pesky hotel-resort scam people right by those elevators, we just always walked right by them, ignore them and you will be fine.

• Stayed November 2010
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We went to the Flamingo for Thanksgiving week. Stayed in a 'Go' room. The Go rooms are nice and up to date. The rooms have flat screens in the room and bathroom...a real plus. Overall the rooms were clean.
Everyone should join the Total Rewards club. It is free. They will send you coupons for free or discounted rooms. The casino has lots of options for all types of players.
The is a new food court. They have Johnny Rockets, pizza and Chinese. It looked good.
Also, they have a buffet and coffee shop and both are okay.
The Flamingo is in a great location. Right in the middle of the strip!

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I once was a loyal Flamingo patron. Then 6yrs ago I ended up with a disgusting room and horrible customer service and swore I'd never go back. Recently, I heard that they had redone their rooms so I thought I'd give them another chance. Big mistake! We checked in early and were told our room wouldn't be ready until after 4pm. "However we have a room that will be available in an hour, would you like that?" Us-"No thank you we can wait." They insist we take this room that will be available sooner. I say " as long as it isn't looking at a roof" I am assured it isn't So when we go get the key and get into the room-we are looking smack dab at a roof! As a matter of fact, that is all you can see! The light sconces in the bathroom have no shades on the lights just exposed bulbs. So I take the key back to the desk and tell them this is unacceptable. There is one other room available. Again I insist that we an wait, we were in no hurry to get into a room! They tell me" this one isn't looking at a roof and it is a "nice" room with a garden view" So we go up. This one takes the cake(btw redoing your rooms doesn't equal just removing old bedspreads Flamingo!) . Now not only are we looking at a roof, but all the ventilation units as well! The carpet(that was obviously never replaced) had a glob of something sticky like gum but it was black stuck right in the middle of the walk space. It had another bump under the rug that they either carpeted over something or something crawled under there and died. The ceiling had shoe prints on it. I made the mistake of looking under the bed! There was at least 2 inches of dirt, hair and god only knows what else! Same thing in between the nightstand and the wall(which also included some advil and other pills covered in fuzz ). The bathroom seemed fine until you took a shower. Low water pressure, mold on the curtain, corrosion on all metal in the tub an the exhaust fan doesn't work. You also get to listen to the air come on and off all night long it is ridiculously loud! After we saw this room we tried to go change it again but were told the hotel was sold out and there was nothing available(not even our original room that we were supposed to get and wasn't to be ready for another 3hrs but it was already promised to someone else I guess) So I'm told to call in the morning and they might be able to switch me. So I do. They can't do anything until after 1pm. I'm sorry I am not spending the day at the hotel to wait to play the room change game again! So, the next morning I am standing in my room fresh out of the shower(naked) and the housekeeping just slides their card in and opens the door! No knock, announcement or anything at 9am!!!! Not the day we were checking out even! All I got was a sorry as she slammed the door. When I go to check out I am asked for my name and room number and handed my receipt. There was no "How was your stay?". So I ask to speak to a manager. There isn't one available : / The guy next to me is complaining about his room as well. So I decide I will deal with this when I get home. I send an email asap explaining everything that happened. Expecting what I got the last time I complained- a comped room for 2-3 night(which I would have never taken advantage of anyway-you couldn't pay me to go back to this dump). I received an email back telling me hey were sorry I felt that way about my visit(not sorry we didn't fix it) and that we hope this "apology" will make you want to stay here again(so basically "sucks to be you". I think they have lost their minds. And have actually made me consider avoiding all of the Harrah's properties! I have recently read on other sites that if you aren't staying in a suite or on of the Go rooms not to stay at the Flamingo. I haven't seen either and I guess I never will!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Not long back from an 8 night stay in Las Vegas at the Flamingo Hotel and we really enjoyed our stay there.

The hotel is located across from Caesars Palace, on the opposite corner from the Bellagio, and next to the Paris and Bally Hotels so in my opinion it is in a great part of the strip. The MGM, NYNY, Mirage and TI area all short walks away from the hotel and easily reachable.

The hotel also has access to the monorail which runs along part of the strip behind a few of the hotels, however I never used it so can't comment on it,

We stayed in a 'GO' Room on the 21st floor and had a view over the Bellagio Fountains, Bally and Paris Hotels so couldn't complain with that! The room was very spacious and pretty modern with a 42" LCD on the wall, TV in the bathroom (built into the mirror), and a sound system with Ipod connectivity.

As for the casino, it was pretty small compared to others such as the MGM/Bellagio but we weren't too bothered by this.

The hotel had a few shows in it although we only saw X Burlesque, which I wouldn't recommend unless you fancied just watching some strippers as thats all they were.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced stay at a decent area of the strip.

Oh and should mention that the hotel offers free parking and no resort fees too!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We booked our stay on a travel website over three months in advance. We arrived around noon. We were told our room wasn't ready yet, but we were given a card with our room number and told to come back at 4 PM. We were offered to leave our bags and have them brought up, but we had a lot of people in town for the wedding, and left our bags in their room and hit the town. There was a line at 4 PM, so I waited an hour and got our room key. We had a standard deluxe room.(we weren't planning on spending much time in the room). Our room was in the older part of the hotel. It was a standard hotel room. We had a great view of Caesar's Palace! The maid service was great, and always replaced everything and cleaned well. They didn't make the bed on our wedding day, but I had left my garment bag on the bed, and my sister left her makeup bag there as well. The bathroom didn't have lamp shades on the lights, but this was not a deal breaker. All 20 people we came with had standard hotel rooms spread out through the hotel, and everyone was happy with their rooms, even though we had the best view of everyone.

We had our wedding dinner at the buffet. It was very nice and had a lot of selection. Although we didn't get married at the Flamingo, the grounds gave us many photographic scenes on our big day! We also got a picture in our wedding gear by the lady's legs at the lingerie store! Everyone thought those pics were a hoot! We didn't go to the pool, but many of our guests did, and they loved it! However, they did get there early in the morning.

If you're looking for a high end luxury hotel, you will be disappointed. If you're looking for a standard hotel room at a good price in a great location, and don't come to Vegas to spend a lot of time in your room, then its a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!