“Great!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Great!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

I literally JUST came back from the Flamingo earlier this morning. The renovations are WONDERFUL!!!!! We were booked in the new Go Rooms. They are so bright and beautifully decorated. I never wanted to leave the room. My boyfriend and I were actually begging his parents to let us come back in their room (we were booked for 3 days at Harrahs but ended up staying with them because we loved their room
so much). The bed is so soft you can sleep for DAYS!!!! The frosted doors add a really modern chic atmosphere and the hot pink spotlights
are just the icing on the cake. The price is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great as
well. I guarentee you will not find a better deal on the strip. Hurry
and book your Go Room before prices sky rocket!!

• Liked — Friendly staff, wonderful accomodations, location, price
  • Disliked — That I had to leave. Lol!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family

11,769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,652)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I had never stayed at the Flamingo before; my girlfriend had a few times several years ago and said that it was nothing all that special but still not exactly a cheap motel. All in all, it was a disappointing experience. We arrived late on a Wednesday night, getting to the hotel around 11:00pm. I'm a member of the Harrah's Total Rewards program, so we bypassed the regular check-in line (which was obscenely long. Then again, when you have only three people working the desk...) and went into the Total Rewards line...where we stood for about 10 minutes because the front desk's computers were malfunctioning. We finally got checked-in and got to our room--only to discover that housekeeping *had just started making it up!* This is 11:20pm and the room is not yet clean! Why even tell people that check-in is 4:00pm when the rooms won't be made up for 7+ hours?! Unacceptable. We went back downstairs and told the front desk worker who checked us in that we had worked all day, flown in on a late flight and just wanted to get some rest. He was very nice and apologetic and bumped us up to the Executive Level. Our room was a tad (by that, I mean maybe 50 square feet) larger and with a nice view. Problem is, we were down two looong hallways from the elevator, which became a giant pain carrying anything more than ourselves (think suitcases, shopping bags, etc). In this room, the shower head was starting to come out of the wall, exposing glue and moldy-looking stuff. We decided to suck it up because God knows where they would've put us if we wanted to move again. I will say that the Flamingo's pool is a-mazing. GREAT space, beautiful area (waterfalls, slides, trees). However, we counted only three cocktail waitresses working. Three. For several hundred people. On our last night, we went to a show (George Wallace at the Flamingo--which was a blast to see. Fantastic show.) and decided to grab a late night bite. We called the ironically-named Guest Services and--after being placed on hold by an auto-attendant--spoke to a gal who told us that the only restaurant open late was Ventuno. Falser words could not be spoken. Not only was Ventuno closed, it wasn't even close to where she said it was! For a place that resides pretty much in the heart of the Strip, the Flamingo deserves prime real estate...somewhere out in the far reaches of the desert, where no one needs to find it. Bugsy Segal must be rolling in his grave, after what Harrah's has done to his hotel.

• Liked — Location and Pool
  • Disliked — Everthing Else
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Xenia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

Stayed June 17 - 20th '07 - room comped for a slot tournament. Flamingo has great location, good dining options, & everything for a nice vacation. The pool area is HUGE and fantastic - pretty waterfalls and winding pools, shady if you want it, with bars and snacks very handy. Our room was not a GO room and was typical hotel room, but not quite as nice as a typical LV strip room (have stayed at 5 other strip hotels). It was immaculate, though! The casino is a little smaller than other strip casinos, huge compared to anywhere else in the country! Those are the only 2 "negatives" I can fairly mention. Dining prices are reasonable in Margaritaville and Tropical
Island cafe and food is good, but allow wait time to get in, as usual. Players club pays good benefits including immediate "cash back" in gift shop or room charge vouchers and comped rooms/dining vouchers through the mail. Not a lot of play needed to get comped room offers later from most Harrah's LV properties. The Flamingo isn't real ritzy, but it's nice and a lot of fun for a vacation, at a better price than some on the strip. It has all you'll need! We'll
go back! Airport checkin is very convenient but take a taxi, not their shuttle! The shuttle system was extremely disorganized and a big hassle. Good luck!

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room not quite as updated as other strip hotels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

June 10th – 15th was my first stay at the Flamingo, and I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews, but don’t believe them. No hotel rooms in Vegas have coffee makers or refrigerators, unless you want to pay big bucks to upgrade to an “executive room”, if the hotel even has one. Do what we do – buy a coffee maker for $15 and some coffee, buy a $7 styrophom cooler (the hotels do supply ice) and you will have paid for it versus buying 2 cups for two days at the coffee shop. Restaurants here are expensive? Yeah, so are they all. (Ditto room service, I don’t care what city you are in!) Do some
homework if you are on a budget – you don’t go to Las Vegas to sit in
your hotel, go explore and find some of the great deals that are hidden away. The rooms are spacious and even without an upgrade the king size bed was comfortable, there were 6 pillows to choose from, and the room and bathroom were immaculately clean. A/C was quiet, staff was helpful, security was constantly patrolling. We asked for a quiet room (we like to stay out late and take naps in the afternoon) and they gave us exactly that! The elevators were quick, no waiting ever. (tip – go to the far bank of elevators – there is always one waiting for you, people are just too lazy to take those extra 10 steps.) Elevator too far from the room? Don’t go to Vegas then – either be prepared to walk everywhere or get a wheelchair. If you do have a car you can park at any hotel for free. The pool was a bit crowded, but the people were constantly rotating, so we always found lounge chairs (yes, next to each other) and it was absolutely beautiful. There is always the “over 21” pool if you want more solitude (and I didn’t see any one “topless”.) The only thing I can agree on is the long wait to check in (45-60 mins) if you do it at the hotel (we were unable to use the airport check in.) But we checked in at 11 am and they had a room ready for us (a quiet one too – did I mention that?)

• Liked — Great place and great price!
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I enjoyed the stay, especially for the price I paid (about $70/night for weekday stay).

The room was basic but nice and clean. We were on the seventh floor, near the elevators and had a view of the flamingos. The walls were a little thin and we occasionally hear loud people in the hall or the room next door, but such instances were isolated and brief.

I enjoyed the pool, the flamingos, and the breakfast buffet (we had a 2-for-1 coupon).

Our stay here almost didn't happen - we checked in late (around midnight) and so many rooms weren't ready that they were sending people to Harrah's. We still managed to get around- perhaps because we were polite despite this annoyance (people in front of us were shouting at the hotel staff) or perhaps because we were Vegas newbies... or it might have to do with the fact that I prepaid the room. I don't really know, I was glad to have a room and I wasn't asking questions.

• Liked — Outdoor areas
  • Disliked — Thin walls, long check-in process
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

We chose to get married at the Flamingo, for its lush gardens and habitat. We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights and an additional room for 5 nights. Averaged cost booked 6 months in advance was $100 per night. - for regular rooms. When I called a few weeks before departure to pay balance in full, I was SHOCKED to learn that they require an incidental depsit of $100 per NIGHT per ROOM - that equaled $1300 for an incidental deposit for my stay. The property would not budge on the amount wanted. I begrudgingly paid the deposit - this now made my rooms $2600. I think this is a gimick for the hotel to get more of your money. If you only plan on having a certain dollar amount with you, then you are forced to pay the incidental deposit and charge food to your room, if you do not have a flexible budget. Don't pick this hotel for your wedding. The staff could care less about your "special day" They never follow up or note anything in your file. When they used an expired credit card to pay the balance on my wedding package and the charge was declined, they did not have any current information on file for reaching me. I had previously given them via email all my contact information and reservation information. Instead I got an email declaring that they would cancel my wedding within 48 hours. When I called in to straighten it out, they told me that they had not spoken to me for over 4 months. I had just called in 2 days prior and was told everything was in order. They never put anything in my file, they lost my music choices, floral requirments and had not requested the information they needed for the wedding party. Very, very disappointing. Choose someplace else for your wedding or stay. Hotel pools are crowded and open to the public, good luck using them if you are a guest. hotel is worn and cleanliness is not a priority. This was a nightmare.

• Liked — the habitat
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

GO ROOM OR DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!! We have recently returned from a weeklong stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas and I have to say we were a little disappointed. When we booked in we asked for a room with a view which we were offered and accepted for $20 per night extra. On first entering the room we were a little disappointed with the décor and the cleanliness, I found a peanut on the floor so it was obvious that it had not been vacuumed prior to our arrival. The room was dated and very worn but hey when in Vegas who cares right?

On the first night our towels were not changed so we asked housekeeping to ensure that we always had clean towels. The next day they were changed but the following day yet again they weren’t. Tedious I know and I soon became apparent that the cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. We looked under the bed by chance and found a pile of used towels and a dirty glass with a rotten piece of lemon in it. This was the final straw and I went to complain at reception. In all fairness the service at reception was faultless and they upgraded us to a go room free of charge.

What a difference if you leave the elevator and turn towards the strip you find daggy brown corridors and rooms that are tired and really not up to Las Vegas standards, if you head the other way you find retro style immaculate corridors and rooms with cutting edge style. Our upgraded GO room had a LCD TV not only in the bedroom but also in the bathroom mirror, a state of the art sound system and a view of the Bellagio fountains to die for. In addition to that it was clean which is the minimum you expect from a major hotel on the strip.

All in all the Flamingo is desperately in need of a full makeover and is severely lacking behind some of its competitors on the strip; New York New York and Monte Carlo to name a couple. Think very carefully before you pay good money for this hotel and if you do choose to stay here book a GO room or you may regret it.

Stayed June 2007

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!