I had never stayed at the Flamingo before; my girlfriend had a few times several years ago and said that it was nothing all that special but still not exactly a cheap motel. All in all, it was a disappointing experience. We arrived late on a Wednesday night, getting to the hotel around 11:00pm. I'm a member of the Harrah's Total Rewards program, so we bypassed the regular check-in line (which was obscenely long. Then again, when you have only three people working the desk...) and went into the Total Rewards line...where we stood for about 10 minutes because the front desk's computers were malfunctioning. We finally got checked-in and got to our room--only to discover that housekeeping *had just started making it up!* This is 11:20pm and the room is not yet clean! Why even tell people that check-in is 4:00pm when the rooms won't be made up for 7+ hours?! Unacceptable. We went back downstairs and told the front desk worker who checked us in that we had worked all day, flown in on a late flight and just wanted to get some rest. He was very nice and apologetic and bumped us up to the Executive Level. Our room was a tad (by that, I mean maybe 50 square feet) larger and with a nice view. Problem is, we were down two looong hallways from the elevator, which became a giant pain carrying anything more than ourselves (think suitcases, shopping bags, etc). In this room, the shower head was starting to come out of the wall, exposing glue and moldy-looking stuff. We decided to suck it up because God knows where they would've put us if we wanted to move again. I will say that the Flamingo's pool is a-mazing. GREAT space, beautiful area (waterfalls, slides, trees). However, we counted only three cocktail waitresses working. Three. For several hundred people. On our last night, we went to a show (George Wallace at the Flamingo--which was a blast to see. Fantastic show.) and decided to grab a late night bite. We called the ironically-named Guest Services and--after being placed on hold by an auto-attendant--spoke to a gal who told us that the only restaurant open late was Ventuno. Falser words could not be spoken. Not only was Ventuno closed, it wasn't even close to where she said it was! For a place that resides pretty much in the heart of the Strip, the Flamingo deserves prime real estate...somewhere out in the far reaches of the desert, where no one needs to find it. Bugsy Segal must be rolling in his grave, after what Harrah's has done to his hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo