“Comped Stay at Flamingo Fun!” 4 of 5 stars

33% Off Extend Summer!
Ranked #127 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Xenia, Ohio
“Comped Stay at Flamingo Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

Stayed June 17 - 20th '07 - room comped for a slot tournament. Flamingo has great location, good dining options, & everything for a nice vacation. The pool area is HUGE and fantastic - pretty waterfalls and winding pools, shady if you want it, with bars and snacks very handy. Our room was not a GO room and was typical hotel room, but not quite as nice as a typical LV strip room (have stayed at 5 other strip hotels). It was immaculate, though! The casino is a little smaller than other strip casinos, huge compared to anywhere else in the country! Those are the only 2 "negatives" I can fairly mention. Dining prices are reasonable in Margaritaville and Tropical
Island cafe and food is good, but allow wait time to get in, as usual. Players club pays good benefits including immediate "cash back" in gift shop or room charge vouchers and comped rooms/dining vouchers through the mail. Not a lot of play needed to get comped room offers later from most Harrah's LV properties. The Flamingo isn't real ritzy, but it's nice and a lot of fun for a vacation, at a better price than some on the strip. It has all you'll need! We'll
go back! Airport checkin is very convenient but take a taxi, not their shuttle! The shuttle system was extremely disorganized and a big hassle. Good luck!

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room not quite as updated as other strip hotels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,786)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

June 10th – 15th was my first stay at the Flamingo, and I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews, but don’t believe them. No hotel rooms in Vegas have coffee makers or refrigerators, unless you want to pay big bucks to upgrade to an “executive room”, if the hotel even has one. Do what we do – buy a coffee maker for $15 and some coffee, buy a $7 styrophom cooler (the hotels do supply ice) and you will have paid for it versus buying 2 cups for two days at the coffee shop. Restaurants here are expensive? Yeah, so are they all. (Ditto room service, I don’t care what city you are in!) Do some
homework if you are on a budget – you don’t go to Las Vegas to sit in
your hotel, go explore and find some of the great deals that are hidden away. The rooms are spacious and even without an upgrade the king size bed was comfortable, there were 6 pillows to choose from, and the room and bathroom were immaculately clean. A/C was quiet, staff was helpful, security was constantly patrolling. We asked for a quiet room (we like to stay out late and take naps in the afternoon) and they gave us exactly that! The elevators were quick, no waiting ever. (tip – go to the far bank of elevators – there is always one waiting for you, people are just too lazy to take those extra 10 steps.) Elevator too far from the room? Don’t go to Vegas then – either be prepared to walk everywhere or get a wheelchair. If you do have a car you can park at any hotel for free. The pool was a bit crowded, but the people were constantly rotating, so we always found lounge chairs (yes, next to each other) and it was absolutely beautiful. There is always the “over 21” pool if you want more solitude (and I didn’t see any one “topless”.) The only thing I can agree on is the long wait to check in (45-60 mins) if you do it at the hotel (we were unable to use the airport check in.) But we checked in at 11 am and they had a room ready for us (a quiet one too – did I mention that?)

• Liked — Great place and great price!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I enjoyed the stay, especially for the price I paid (about $70/night for weekday stay).

The room was basic but nice and clean. We were on the seventh floor, near the elevators and had a view of the flamingos. The walls were a little thin and we occasionally hear loud people in the hall or the room next door, but such instances were isolated and brief.

I enjoyed the pool, the flamingos, and the breakfast buffet (we had a 2-for-1 coupon).

Our stay here almost didn't happen - we checked in late (around midnight) and so many rooms weren't ready that they were sending people to Harrah's. We still managed to get around- perhaps because we were polite despite this annoyance (people in front of us were shouting at the hotel staff) or perhaps because we were Vegas newbies... or it might have to do with the fact that I prepaid the room. I don't really know, I was glad to have a room and I wasn't asking questions.

• Liked — Outdoor areas
  • Disliked — Thin walls, long check-in process
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

We chose to get married at the Flamingo, for its lush gardens and habitat. We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights and an additional room for 5 nights. Averaged cost booked 6 months in advance was $100 per night. - for regular rooms. When I called a few weeks before departure to pay balance in full, I was SHOCKED to learn that they require an incidental depsit of $100 per NIGHT per ROOM - that equaled $1300 for an incidental deposit for my stay. The property would not budge on the amount wanted. I begrudgingly paid the deposit - this now made my rooms $2600. I think this is a gimick for the hotel to get more of your money. If you only plan on having a certain dollar amount with you, then you are forced to pay the incidental deposit and charge food to your room, if you do not have a flexible budget. Don't pick this hotel for your wedding. The staff could care less about your "special day" They never follow up or note anything in your file. When they used an expired credit card to pay the balance on my wedding package and the charge was declined, they did not have any current information on file for reaching me. I had previously given them via email all my contact information and reservation information. Instead I got an email declaring that they would cancel my wedding within 48 hours. When I called in to straighten it out, they told me that they had not spoken to me for over 4 months. I had just called in 2 days prior and was told everything was in order. They never put anything in my file, they lost my music choices, floral requirments and had not requested the information they needed for the wedding party. Very, very disappointing. Choose someplace else for your wedding or stay. Hotel pools are crowded and open to the public, good luck using them if you are a guest. hotel is worn and cleanliness is not a priority. This was a nightmare.

• Liked — the habitat
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

GO ROOM OR DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!! We have recently returned from a weeklong stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas and I have to say we were a little disappointed. When we booked in we asked for a room with a view which we were offered and accepted for $20 per night extra. On first entering the room we were a little disappointed with the décor and the cleanliness, I found a peanut on the floor so it was obvious that it had not been vacuumed prior to our arrival. The room was dated and very worn but hey when in Vegas who cares right?

On the first night our towels were not changed so we asked housekeeping to ensure that we always had clean towels. The next day they were changed but the following day yet again they weren’t. Tedious I know and I soon became apparent that the cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. We looked under the bed by chance and found a pile of used towels and a dirty glass with a rotten piece of lemon in it. This was the final straw and I went to complain at reception. In all fairness the service at reception was faultless and they upgraded us to a go room free of charge.

What a difference if you leave the elevator and turn towards the strip you find daggy brown corridors and rooms that are tired and really not up to Las Vegas standards, if you head the other way you find retro style immaculate corridors and rooms with cutting edge style. Our upgraded GO room had a LCD TV not only in the bedroom but also in the bathroom mirror, a state of the art sound system and a view of the Bellagio fountains to die for. In addition to that it was clean which is the minimum you expect from a major hotel on the strip.

All in all the Flamingo is desperately in need of a full makeover and is severely lacking behind some of its competitors on the strip; New York New York and Monte Carlo to name a couple. Think very carefully before you pay good money for this hotel and if you do choose to stay here book a GO room or you may regret it.

Stayed June 2007
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

This was my first time staying here, and I enjoyed it very much. There's a little wear-and-tear here and there, but nothing major. The location is excellent. The room was basic but clean. The staff is very friendly. I hit a jackpot on my second night so that added to the fun! The drink service is also excellent in the casino -- your mouth will never run dry here. I got a good deal on the room and would not hesitate to stay here again if I get another one.

• Liked — Good value, winning in casino
  • Disliked — A bit of wear-and-tear around th edges
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
andover,mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

every thing was great except they told us the upgade to the go room was 20.00$ and at check out it was 25.00$ so watch out for up grade prices. room service prices were NOT the same as what was on the menu. document every thing they( say) promise with a signature. the pools are great we like the topless pool best (we are females) 30 to 40 age range, people were more our age ,also they have more comfortable chairs and better drink service. margarittaville up stairs outside was awsome food and drink and lots of mist fans so you stay comfortable. go rooms were great very comfortable beds and large bathrooms and very clean . the people at the flamingo were very curtious.

• Liked — pool,location
  • Disliked — prices were not what they promised!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!