“Get ready for the Fees! & don't get married here!” 1 of 5 stars

Hot Rates! Rooms from $39
Ranked #129 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Get ready for the Fees! & don't get married here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

We chose to get married at the Flamingo, for its lush gardens and habitat. We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights and an additional room for 5 nights. Averaged cost booked 6 months in advance was $100 per night. - for regular rooms. When I called a few weeks before departure to pay balance in full, I was SHOCKED to learn that they require an incidental depsit of $100 per NIGHT per ROOM - that equaled $1300 for an incidental deposit for my stay. The property would not budge on the amount wanted. I begrudgingly paid the deposit - this now made my rooms $2600. I think this is a gimick for the hotel to get more of your money. If you only plan on having a certain dollar amount with you, then you are forced to pay the incidental deposit and charge food to your room, if you do not have a flexible budget. Don't pick this hotel for your wedding. The staff could care less about your "special day" They never follow up or note anything in your file. When they used an expired credit card to pay the balance on my wedding package and the charge was declined, they did not have any current information on file for reaching me. I had previously given them via email all my contact information and reservation information. Instead I got an email declaring that they would cancel my wedding within 48 hours. When I called in to straighten it out, they told me that they had not spoken to me for over 4 months. I had just called in 2 days prior and was told everything was in order. They never put anything in my file, they lost my music choices, floral requirments and had not requested the information they needed for the wedding party. Very, very disappointing. Choose someplace else for your wedding or stay. Hotel pools are crowded and open to the public, good luck using them if you are a guest. hotel is worn and cleanliness is not a priority. This was a nightmare.

• Liked — the habitat
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,215)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

GO ROOM OR DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!! We have recently returned from a weeklong stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas and I have to say we were a little disappointed. When we booked in we asked for a room with a view which we were offered and accepted for $20 per night extra. On first entering the room we were a little disappointed with the décor and the cleanliness, I found a peanut on the floor so it was obvious that it had not been vacuumed prior to our arrival. The room was dated and very worn but hey when in Vegas who cares right?

On the first night our towels were not changed so we asked housekeeping to ensure that we always had clean towels. The next day they were changed but the following day yet again they weren’t. Tedious I know and I soon became apparent that the cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. We looked under the bed by chance and found a pile of used towels and a dirty glass with a rotten piece of lemon in it. This was the final straw and I went to complain at reception. In all fairness the service at reception was faultless and they upgraded us to a go room free of charge.

What a difference if you leave the elevator and turn towards the strip you find daggy brown corridors and rooms that are tired and really not up to Las Vegas standards, if you head the other way you find retro style immaculate corridors and rooms with cutting edge style. Our upgraded GO room had a LCD TV not only in the bedroom but also in the bathroom mirror, a state of the art sound system and a view of the Bellagio fountains to die for. In addition to that it was clean which is the minimum you expect from a major hotel on the strip.

All in all the Flamingo is desperately in need of a full makeover and is severely lacking behind some of its competitors on the strip; New York New York and Monte Carlo to name a couple. Think very carefully before you pay good money for this hotel and if you do choose to stay here book a GO room or you may regret it.

Stayed June 2007
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

This was my first time staying here, and I enjoyed it very much. There's a little wear-and-tear here and there, but nothing major. The location is excellent. The room was basic but clean. The staff is very friendly. I hit a jackpot on my second night so that added to the fun! The drink service is also excellent in the casino -- your mouth will never run dry here. I got a good deal on the room and would not hesitate to stay here again if I get another one.

• Liked — Good value, winning in casino
  • Disliked — A bit of wear-and-tear around th edges
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
andover,mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

every thing was great except they told us the upgade to the go room was 20.00$ and at check out it was 25.00$ so watch out for up grade prices. room service prices were NOT the same as what was on the menu. document every thing they( say) promise with a signature. the pools are great we like the topless pool best (we are females) 30 to 40 age range, people were more our age ,also they have more comfortable chairs and better drink service. margarittaville up stairs outside was awsome food and drink and lots of mist fans so you stay comfortable. go rooms were great very comfortable beds and large bathrooms and very clean . the people at the flamingo were very curtious.

• Liked — pool,location
  • Disliked — prices were not what they promised!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

After reading so many negative reviews on this board, I was really worried. This was our first trip to Vegas and we were celebrating our anniversary.

We had a really good time though - stayed there June 11-15. We checked in at the airport - definitely do this. There was NO line.....totally worth it and SOOOO easy. When we got to the hotel, the lines were sooooo long - glad we didn't have to deal with that! The lady upgraded us to a Go room for $25 extra a night. It was totally worth it. We had a room on the strip. It had an incredible view of Caesar's Palace and the Bellagio fountains.

Our Go room was great....just as everyone wrote - comfortable bed, big shower, cool TV in the bathroom, plasma TV and stereo system in the bedroom, and very clean. We only wish it had a fridge.

We had a few issues with our cleaning lady not replacing glasses and other items, but the staff was quick to bring the items to our room after we called the front desk.

The pool is wonderful....but it's just as everyone said, you have to get there EARLY!!!! They really do pack you in like sardines. It's a fun and huge pool though. We had fun going on the water slide. We wanted to go to the adult pool since it was less crowded, but my husband refused to pay $10 to get in.....we both thought that was so ridiculous.

It's a little annoying how the staff hounds you at the entrance to buy tickets to their shows and other things, but every hotel does that. We got used to saying 'no thanks' as soon as we walked into every hotel.

The monorail is great....it goes right to the Flamingo. It's definitely quick and not that expensive for an all day pass....much quicker than taking the DEUCE bus.

The Tropical Breeze restaurant was OK. Nothing special.....we did like the eggs benedict for breakfast and French Dip for lunch. The staff isn't the quickest there. We didn't try the buffet or Margaritaville - we ate buffets at other hotels (Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, Harrah's, and Treasure Island were all good.).

We never played in the Flamingo casino. It was definitely smaller than other hotels.

Just like everyone says, you can't beat the location. It was GREATTTTTTTTT! Since it was our first time, we were so glad we got a GO room on the strip and stayed at the Flamingo. You really can't beat the location and the pools. I also liked how you can come off the elevator and walk right out. So many hotels are huge and you have to walk forever to get out of the hotel.

We saw Cirque de Soleil at Mystere at Tresure Island which was awesome. Since my husband is in the military, we got tickets for half off which was great.

Definitely see the Mac King Comedy magic show at Harrah's hotel. All the Harrah hotels will give you free tickets (usually $27 a ticket). All you have to do is pay for one drink which is $9.41. You can't beat that - free drink and a GREAT show for under $10!

I had a good time at the Flamingo. We were there during the week and it wasn't too insane. The crowds definitely tripled by the time we were leaving Friday. Oh, the only time we dealt with the construction was Friday morning. It was really bad - so early Friday morning. I got out of bed, went down to the front desk, and complained to the manger. The manager took off the $27 fee we had to pay for Thursday night's room upgrade.

I definitely think spending money to upgrade to a GO room when you check in is worth it. I just didn't want to take the chance of a regular deluxe room since I read so many horrible reviews here.

I enjoyed our room, the pools, and the location was great. It wasn't a 'stellar' hotel with great service, but it was good for our first trip and for the price we paid.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

The general attitude I find with this hotel is -- give me your money but be content with our mediocre service. It is indeed a very large hotel with at least 400+ rooms with 30 floors and a large integrated casino right in the centre of the Strip. The rooms facing the Strip come with an extra $20 per night. The rooms are kept OK but you will find a price tag of $5 on the water bottles kept on the table. Internet access comes with $15 per day ( yes per day ! ) and we found the brunch menu is quite good but repeated the same dishes the next day too ! ( wonder whether they recycling food ?..Yes, it is Vegas so all it matters is money !

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

Stayed in a GO Room for my anniversary and absolutely loved it. The room was great and we had a wonderful view of the fountains at Bellagio. There as a minor hick up while trying to check in to the hotel from the airport, they said that we did not book a go room but as soon as I showed them my confirmation there was no longer an issue. Spent several hours on 2 of the days at the 21 and up only pool, $10 for men and free for women. It was well worth the money to not have any kids around. Do your self a favor and eat some where else, we had breakfast one morning at the Tropical Breeze and the food was absolutely horrible, small portions for a large price and the service was the worst that I have ever had in a Vegas restaurant. The food and food service is the only reason that I did not give this hotel top ratings. We will be back again.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — In house restaurants
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!